Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft Thread

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hear me out...

If we drop in the lottery to 5th or lower, i want Blake to offer the entire draft to move into the first spot and take Lafreniere. At least offer it
I don't think that gets the team holding the #1 overall to do the deal.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Thing is you don't draft Drydale top 3 IMO. so we will see where the bingo balls fall.

Yes I agree if we drop out of the top 3 I wouldn't mind getting him maybe at 4. But as I mentioned there are so many good forwards so who knows.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
As it stands right now, I'd rank our options as follows:
1) Alexis Lafreniere
2) Dustin Byfield
3) Tim Stutzle
4) Marco Rossi
5A) Lucas Raymond
5B) Jaime Drysdale
5C) Alexander Holtz

If we end up with the 2nd pick I really hope we don’t take Byfield he gives off a bust feeling to me . We need elite wingers who can score and be a game changer I hope we still take one of the forwards .

Reactions: ibleedkings

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If we end up with the 2nd pick I really hope we don’t take Byfield he gives off a bust feeling to me . We need elite wingers who can score and be a game changer I hope we still take one of the forwards .
The thing with Byfield is that he’s so young, he could spend another year in Juniors and then be NHL ready all by 19YO ala Kopitar

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Have you ever seen him play? Bust isn't going to happen. Only question if if he is a franchise piece or not.

No I never seen him play but your right my opinion was based on like I don’t think he will live up the hype . Possibly be a 50-60 points player or whatever

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
As it stands right now, I'd rank our options as follows:
1) Alexis Lafreniere
2) Dustin Byfuglien
3) Tim Stutzle
4) Marco Rossi
5A) Lucas Raymond
5B) Jaime Drysdale
5C) Alexander Holtz

I believe this is who you meant. Man a prime Buff I might just do that. :sarcasm:

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
No I never seen him play but your right my opinion was based on like I don’t think he will live up the hype . Possibly be a 50-60 points player or whatever
Byfield is very productive in Junior Hockey basically the same PPG as Rossi and he's a year younger. He's not a project, he's an elite scorer right now and he's almost a full year younger then alot of the other draft eligibles at the top of the draft

Reactions: Kingsfan1

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I am on board with this however may bump Holtz just for the brooklyn 99 gifs
giphy.gif

Reactions: YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Byfield is very productive in Junior Hockey basically the same PPG as Rossi and he's a year younger. He's not a project, he's an elite scorer right now and he's almost a full year younger then alot of the other draft eligibles at the top of the draft

I think Byfield is a 'project' but maybe the vibe that word gives off is bad.

I think he's got a lot to learn about using his size and talents and could be the biggest force in the draft if he puts it all together, or he could be early-career Wheeler who's just a raw ball of size, speed, and skill but lower results. I'd have ZERO issue with Byfield at #2, but I'd still damn sure be worried about he turns out to be. However, I also feel that way to a degree about Stutzle for different reasons.

Rossi...seems like more of a finished product already in comparison.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
A lot can happen between now and the end of the season if the Kings continue to win games. Both Ottawa and San Jose are on 4 and 5 game losing streaks right now and will probably continue to lose most of their games. All of the sudden, the Kings could be looking at finishing in the 4th slot and if they have their typical lottery luck, they could drop 1-3 spots and be looking at the 7th pick.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center

This is the one draft I’m not sure who I’d like after Lafreniere . Seems to be a deep top 6-7 but don’t want to choose the wrong player

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
We havent seen a kid that big, that skilled, that fast or that young since maybe Eric Lindros... His floor and ceiling are extremely high...

I saw Byfield in a few WJC games and also watched the CHL prospects game...Byfield was not so impressive...however, he's a 17 year old at the WJC, which is mainly 19 year olds and the best 18 year olds...
very few at 17 there. But, I expected to see him look good at the CHL prospects game....am more wowwed by Rossi. He's got a motor and elite skills and vision. Don't let the 5'9" be a detractor. He's at least 185
and built. He may be 5'11" 200, which is like Crosby or Matt Duchene. Kucherov is 5'11" 185. There are 3 players would not mind driving your offense. Ok, Duchene is 1B, but Rossi is not small., even if he tops
out at 5'10" . Not many CHL draft eligibles ever top 2.0 PPG. And a recent interview he's only talking about taking his team to win the OHl, and not a word about his points or the draft. Pretty impressed.
Am I saying he should go #2? I actually would feel better about his future than Byfield. Rossi is going to be a #1 center and 80 points, to me. Rossi is so poised and executes quickly and pretty flawlessly.
He looks like Turcotte's top plays....but Turcotte makes those top plays every 4-5 games (it seems) whereas Rossi does that stuff every shift or at least every game. Seen Rossi crash the net too. Pretty fearless. I would love for him to be a King!

Honestly, have not seen enough of Byfield...but have seen enough where I would want to see more and know all the other stuff, that scouts pour over. He may well have an exceptional career and
be the second best. The good news is, Yannetti and all the scouts do their work and will make the best choices. Just looking over this, gives me much confidence in them! Turcotte, Bjornfot, Kaliyev,
Fagemo, Parik, Spence, Nousiainen. I mean, DAMN !

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
This is the one draft I’m not sure who I’d like after Lafreniere . Seems to be a deep top 6-7 but don’t want to choose the wrong player
I think we're all basing our opinions on what we need, which is a scorer aka Lafreniere. Any of the following would greatly help the Kings long term..
Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle
Rossi
Drysdale
Raymond
Perfetti
Holtz
All of these kids could literally start in the NHL next season, they're that good.... Luckily for US, depending on where we land we can afford to properly develop our guy in either Juniors/College/AHL... Or in the case of the first 4, the NHL!

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
I saw Byfield in a few WJC games and also watched the CHL prospects game...Byfield was not so impressive...however, he's a 17 year old at the WJC, which is mainly 19 year olds and the best 18 year olds...
very few at 17 there. But, I expected to see him look good at the CHL prospects game....am more wowwed by Rossi. He's got a motor and elite skills and vision. Don't let the 5'9" be a detractor. He's at least 185
and built. He may be 5'11" 200, which is like Crosby or Matt Duchene. Kucherov is 5'11" 185. There are 3 players would not mind driving your offense. Ok, Duchene is 1B, but Rossi is not small., even if he tops
out at 5'10" . Not many CHL draft eligibles ever top 2.0 PPG. And a recent interview he's only talking about taking his team to win the OHl, and not a word about his points or the draft. Pretty impressed.
Am I saying he should go #2? I actually would feel better about his future than Byfield. Rossi is going to be a #1 center and 80 points, to me. Rossi is so poised and executes quickly and pretty flawlessly.
He looks like Turcotte's top plays....but Turcotte makes those top plays every 4-5 games (it seems) whereas Rossi does that stuff every shift or at least every game. Seen Rossi crash the net too. Pretty fearless. I would love for him to be a King!

Honestly, have not seen enough of Byfield...but have seen enough where I would want to see more and know all the other stuff, that scouts pour over. He may well have an exceptional career and
be the second best. The good news is, Yannetti and all the scouts do their work and will make the best choices. Just looking over this, gives me much confidence in them! Turcotte, Bjornfot, Kaliyev,

Right on as usual.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle and Rossi could/will step on NHL ice from day one.. I think those 4 are instant NHL starters.. Where they start is up for debate, but they're NHL ready

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita

PJB what do you think of Stutzle? I'm seeing a bit of Palffy in him.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle and Rossi could/will step on NHL ice from day one.. I think those 4 are instant NHL starters.. Where they start is up for debate, but they're NHL ready

Lafreniere and maybe Stutzle. Byfield barely got ice time playing against 18 and 19 year old in the WJC. He one of the younger players in the draft. He won't be ready. Rossi is very skilled.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
PJB what do you think of Stutzle? I'm seeing a bit of Palffy in him.

I see that, too. I saw one of his games in the WJC. Seen some good youtube videos....there are always some videos from this site, but the ones for Stutzle are not great videos of him.
I like this site, in that it has quotes about each player from the McKenzie's, Buttons and several others...Pronman too. They all talk about Stutzle's skating and playmaking ability - hockey sense,
quickness. Palffy could be a good comparison.
2020 NHL Mock Draft | 2020 NHL Draft | NHL Draft
He can really skate and to do it at 18 in DEL is pretty epic. To be around a PPG there is amazing. Seen listing from 5'11" 165, but now at 6'0" 187. I am just glad that Yannetti
and his staff are in charge and Blake trusts him. Of ALL the facets / people / staff in this organization, Yannetti is the one I esteem most. He's so locked in and demands much
of himself and his scouts. There's nothing wishy-washy about him. So, whomever he deems best where the Kings pick, I feel good about it and looking forward to 4 picks
in the top (apx) 50.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Watch Rossi in these clips...oozes confidence, patience, elite passing, not always making the easiest passing option - often threading the needle and difficult seams...
and is quick at making decisions and has great timing. He can slow things down, doesn't panic. He looks always in control. He drives the offense. He will be able to
do this at the NHL level and be a #1 center. The Kings need someone to drive the offense...and would make the Kings PP better TODAY even. He's always buzzing and
making great plays. And COMPETES. Great instincts. He trusts his abilities. BONUS - at 4:37, Arthur Kaliyev is backchecking and goes down and slides, to try to stop the shot or pass....good effort, but Rossi
succeeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad