2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So if the draft happened today with the current standings do you think this is close to how it would play out?

Detroit-Laf
Kings-Byfield
Sens-Stutzle
Devils-Drysdale
Ducks-Rossi
Sharks-Lundell
Blackhawks-Raymond
Wild-Perfetti
Habs-Holtz
Sabres-Askarov
I'd imagine Ducks would probably go with Raymond. Rossi's height will likely bump him out of the top 5, and Anaheim already has a solid center prospect in Zegras (though good chance Rossi is a winger in the NHL).

Sharks aren't getting jack shit, it's Ottawa's pick. For them, if they do go with Stutzle (who likely will stick at C), I imagine they'll look more closely at wing, which Rossi (again if he does move to wing) and Holtz would make sense.

I'd probably say it'd shake out more like this:
Detroit-Laf
Kings-Byfield
Sens-Stutzle
Devils-Drysdale
Ducks-Raymond
Sens2.0-Holtz
Hawks-Rossi
Wild-Lundell
Habs-Perfetti
Sabres-Holloway

Reactions: Styles

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So if the draft happened today with the current standings do you think this is close to how it would play out?

Detroit-Laf
Kings-Byfield
Sens-Stutzle
Devils-Drysdale
Ducks-Rossi
Sharks-Lundell
Blackhawks-Raymond
Wild-Perfetti
Habs-Holtz
Sabres-Askarov
408.jpg

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I don't think Lundell should go that high, he lacks that dynamic offensive skill in his game.

But of course teams have shown the propensity to draft two way centers higher than most projections so who really knows.

No way he goes before Raymond though.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I don't think Lundell should go that high, he lacks that dynamic offensive skill in his game.

But of course teams have shown the propensity to draft two way centers higher than most projections so who really knows.

Is Lundell a Lias Anderson type of player?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Maybe not before Raymond, but he's the best two-way guy in the draft right now and he has, if I'm not mistaken, a 65% corsi in the Finnish league as a teenager. Reminds me a bit of Toews, though Toews has his reputation because he's come in clutch throughout his career, which who knows how Lundell does in important situations. But teams love to draft potential Selke level centers.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Lundell could be a really good complement to Dach and Toews. If you run Dach-Toews-Lundell down the middle you might have the best group of two way centers in the NHL rather quickly.
Weird, I don't see Strome in your lineup

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Weird, I don't see Strome in your lineup

If you draft Lundell/Rossi/Byfield/etc then you move Strome to the wing or trade him. Strome is not a player I build a team around. Do I hate him? No but he needs to play a lot better. Do you think he has been good since returning?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Is Lundell a Lias Anderson type of player?

Well by all accounts his hockey IQ seems to be much better so i think hes a notch above. But both player's main question marks are skating and not having the dynamic line driving offensive skills, so i think they are comparable.

Maybe not before Raymond, but he's the best two-way guy in the draft right now and he has, if I'm not mistaken, a 65% corsi in the Finnish league as a teenager. Reminds me a bit of Toews, though Toews has his reputation because he's come in clutch throughout his career, which who knows how Lundell does in important situations. But teams love to draft potential Selke level centers.

Yeah you are right everyone loves those type of players. But i kind of view it like lets say Hischier and Marner were in the same draft. Do you go for the stud all around center who projects to be a 1c but not a premier offensive player, or the game breaking PPG potential dazzling offensive guy (ok Marner is great defensively too so maybe not the best comp). I think you go for that skill if we are talking top 5. Not many of these two way Cs end up also having Toews' offensive hands.

Anyway i like Rossi and Raymond for sure above Lundell, and probably Perfetti and Holtz too. Besides the obvious top 3 and Drysdale.

Reactions: Styles

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I'd imagine Ducks would probably go with Raymond. Rossi's height will likely bump him out of the top 5, and Anaheim already has a solid center prospect in Zegras (though good chance Rossi is a winger in the NHL).

Sharks aren't getting jack ****, it's Ottawa's pick. For them, if they do go with Stutzle (who likely will stick at C), I imagine they'll look more closely at wing, which Rossi (again if he does move to wing) and Holtz would make sense.

I'd probably say it'd shake out more like this:
Detroit-Laf
Kings-Byfield
Sens-Stutzle
Devils-Drysdale
Ducks-Raymond
Sens2.0-Holtz
Hawks-Rossi
Wild-Lundell
Habs-Perfetti
Sabres-Holloway
Right now, HF50 is reading this and sporting wood.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Well by all accounts his hockey IQ seems to be much better so i think hes a notch above. But both player's main question marks are skating and not having the dynamic line driving offensive skills, so i think they are comparable.

Yeah you are right everyone loves those type of players. But i kind of view it like lets say Hischier and Marner were in the same draft. Do you go for the stud all around center who projects to be a 1c but not a premier offensive player, or the game breaking PPG potential dazzling offensive guy (ok Marner is great defensively too so maybe not the best comp). I think you go for that skill if we are talking top 5. Not many of these two way Cs end up also having Toews' offensive hands.

Anyway i like Rossi and Raymond for sure above Lundell, and probably Perfetti and Holtz too. Besides the obvious top 3 and Drysdale.
I prefer Lundell to Perfetti, and have him about equal with Rossi and Holtz.

Raymond and Drysdale are above those guys however.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I've been really busy with work so I've hardly been able to catch any games. In 2 weeks I should be able to watch regularly again.

Here I will catch you up: He has been brutal. Weak on the puck, slow, and constant turnovers. He looks nothing like what we saw before.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Here I will catch you up: He has been brutal. Weak on the puck, slow, and constant turnovers. He looks nothing like what we saw before.
I'll take your word for it.

If that's the case he's doing us a favor by lowering the value of his extension. Then when he starts popping off again next season, his deal will be a steal.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'll take your word for it.

If that's the case he's doing us a favor by lowering the value of his extension. Then when he starts popping off again next season, his deal will be a steal.

I mean that would be the hope but it is a risk to sign him longterm.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I mean that would be the hope but it is a risk to sign him longterm.
I don't think so. Guys with rinkrat mentality aren't risks. Strome loves the game of hockey and cares about his stats. He's not gonna let a scoring drought sustain long term.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If I'm the Sens, I take Raymond and then Holtz since both Swedes had very good chemistry in WJC. Would be a solid 2/3 line for the future for them.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
This draft is so deep in two first rounds that I really want us to sell some of the pieces. Please.

I'd trade either Strome or Saad, just which one just get us a better return. Then Gus, both goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad