2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
So, Hawks should draft Lundell then??

Nobody hasn't said that Blackhawks should draft Lundell.
But if i'm not mistaken this thread is Blackhawks 2020 draft thread
so why not to speculate who Blackhawks take.

Speculations belongs to draft conversation
and that's what draft talk is all about or am i missed something.

Clear no brainer selections in 2020 draft Lafreniere,Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Drysdale and Holtz.
After those it's likely best player available.

Reactions: Muffinalt

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the Hawks finish with the 4th fewest points in the league this year, they're guaranteed a top 4 draft pick right? I don't remember what the rules are.

Looking at the standings now and there's no way we catch Detroit and a very slim chance we catch LA. Ottawa and Jersey...maybe.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the Hawks finish with the 4th fewest points in the league this year, they're guaranteed a top 4 draft pick right? I don't remember what the rules are.

Looking at the standings now and there's no way we catch Detroit and a very slim chance we catch LA. Ottawa and Jersey...maybe.
No, they are not guaranteed to get a top 4 pick. They could pick between 1st and 7th.

2020 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It's pretty crazy to me that the Wings only have an 18.5% chance of picking first. They have 34 points right now

Colorado finished the 17 season and picked fourth. Granted it worked out since Cale Makar is a better than Heiskanen, Patrick, Hischier but they could have been as screwed if the top 3 developed differently

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I've been thinking of some good fits for Chicago outside the consensus top 3/4 (Laf, Byfield, Stützle/Raymond)

Personally I would love Marco Rossi the most if he can fall to us. Rossi while mainly a center does have the flexibility in his game imo to play on the wing (and this more than lacking in size). He's dynamic and explosive and would feel like a great complement to Dach or even creating one of the best 1-2 punches with Dach. In a lot of ways, he could be Kane's heir as the star man that's a joy to watch. Other good picks would be Jan Mysak (a prospect I am very high on compared to most) and Alexander Holtz.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
It's well documented that he complained about being sent down, complained about minutes in the NHL, complained about being sent to world juniors. He's a whiny loser.

I'm not someone who is torn up about the Joki trade, but I think this us unfair.

He was directly asked about getting sent down and world juniors by the media, that's not complaining. He gave an honest answer that expressed disappointment but was not whiny.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
he didnt even whine. he was pissed. they sent him down to make room for forsling.......

can somebody quote his comments. i remember him saying he was happy with his development and being able to play in all situations in rockford at one point.

FEATURE: Big minutes helping Jokiharju develop in Rockford

only good comments in here. i know there was something that rubbed people the wrong way when he was mad about being sent down and people automatically posed him as a whiner.

Last edited:

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
According to this projection, we're guaranteed to get Lafreniere in the Draft.
It's the same software that runs the global warming figures. There's no way it's wrong.
Don't be a denier.

Untitled.jpg

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
40 minutes played, his team looks a bit disinterested. Additionally they have take a game misconduct and 2+2 penalty - both got scored on.

You can see talent, vision and his hands. I like his offensive awareness and the way he handles the puck. His line isn't asked to kill penaltys or start in the D zone. When he is in position to play D, he isn't good there today. He looked a bit slow on a Shorthanded
Breakaway because of not hustling 100%.

His talent is easily to see, like it was at the WJC and on TV.

Looks like an off night for him, still a great prospect and 20 minutes to go. He destroyed my team this season before, can do it again.
Id say like Seider, he needs more seasoning. He'll be worth a top5 pick without question.

Edit: 6 minutes played in the 3rd, his team is down 4:2. I like his play so far in the 3rd. Good motor, good forecheck and the will to score (hope he won't).

Edit 2:
He tried, but he and his team could not come back. It was a quiet game for him. Not saying bad, just not his game.
His offense is good for sure. He has lots of talent and it's easy to see why he is ranked that high. Not sure if he is the #2 in the draft, but he has his arguments for sure (adding the 1st time I saw him and all the times on TV). Will be interesting to see him in the POs and possible the finals (Mannheim vs Munich is the clash of the powerhouses, if it's.semis or the finals.)

If we can somehow draft him, I'd be happy for sure.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm starting to think the Hawks are going to stand pat and after this stretch only have 5 games left against playoff teams. I don't know if they're actually going to pick in the top 10.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Among you guys who watch amateurs, how does Drysdale compare to Byram?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Crazy to think but who we take in this draft will determine Strome's fate with the team. If they take a center he is gone and there are a lot of centers in this draft.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Among you guys who watch amateurs, how does Drysdale compare to Byram?
I haven't watched much of either, but I've heard quite a few say they'd rather have Drysdale on HF.

Drysdale is more Makar like, while Byram is more similar to a guy like Doughty, if you were also curious about how their playing styles compare.

Reactions: hawksrule

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Crazy to think but who we take in this draft will determine Strome's fate with the team. If they take a center he is gone and there are a lot of centers in this draft.
We definitely need a RW. Obviously we won't draft for need, but Stutzle, Rain Man, Mercer, and Laf would help us more than a center.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
We definitely need a RW. Obviously we won't draft for need, but Stutzle, Rain Man, Mercer, and Laf would help us more than a center.
Well, we could always trade Strome...

But Holtz and Rossi (who may very well end up at wing in the NHL) would be good gets and could realistically be there around 6-9 (where we'll likely wind up).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Never draft for need. If the BPA is a center you take them. Strome should not impact how they draft. I know you love him but he is not a player you build around. You can win with him but I would not build around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->