2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Lundell could be a really good complement to Dach and Toews. If you run Dach-Toews-Lundell down the middle you might have the best group of two way centers in the NHL rather quickly.

I wouldn't lock Lundell for C in NHL.
Lundell has very good shot and he can play LW too so if it was my decision i would first try Lundell LW in NHL.
But if that try won't work then put him to center.

Reactions: d rake

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I know we don't have a second rounder (yet) but I would love to somehow get Antonio Stranges. He hasn't put up the numbers this season but he has fantastic skill. I'm in love with his skating. He may not put it all together but he is absolutely a risk worth taking. @Hawkaholic you watch London more than I. I would like to hear your take on Stranges and even Evangelista for that matter (whose had a fantastic season).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I wouldn't lock Lundell for C in NHL.
Lundell has very good shot and he can play LW too so if it was my decision i would first try Lundell LW in NHL.
But if that try won't work then put him to center.
Whoever drafts him, whether it be us or not, can start him at wing. Hell, we started Dach at wing this season.

But Lundell's skill seems to translate really well to the middle, so why wouldn't a team eventually give him that position once he's fully acclimated?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
He is good at the dot and a very good 200ft player.
Yes he's i don't question that.
Lundell could OK pick to Blackhawks but is he ready to play in NHL next season that's another story.

Don't forget that physicality and skating are biggest improvements what Lundell needs to do before to play NHL.
So how's blackhawks center depth is Blackhawks ready to wait at least one season before Lundell is NHL ready?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yes he's i don't question that.
Lundell could OK pick to Blackhawks but is he ready to play in NHL next season that's another story.

Don't forget that physicality and skating are biggest improvements what Lundell needs to do before to play NHL.
So how's blackhawks center depth is Blackhawks ready to wait at least one season before Lundell is NHL ready?

I don't rate players on their ability to play in the NHL the next year. Ceiling and skills.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Whoever drafts him, whether it be us or not, can start him at wing. Hell, we started Dach at wing this season.

But Lundell's skill seems to translate really well to the middle, so why wouldn't a team eventually give him that position once he's fully acclimated?

That's true.
But i was thinking that what Pronmann,Button and McKenzie have said of Lundell's offesive upside
which isn't so high as Barkov's example.

But what do i know i'm just one HIFK fan
who wants to see Lundell having good NHL career where-ever he ends up.

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
88-check
77-check
55-check
44-check
22-check
11-pending
77DCAC1D-DF95-44E5-9A91-BF80BC341FC0.jpeg

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Just a hunch. I'd be very surprised if they drafted a Finn. Seems like the Hawks haven't gotten much luck in that regard (or they wind up trading the Finnish players away).

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Just a hunch. I'd be very surprised if they drafted a Finn. Seems like the Hawks haven't gotten much luck in that regard (or they wind up trading the Finnish players away).
Yeah for whatever reason it never works out. Could totally be a coincidence but Teravainen and Jokiharju both had problems here. I really like Nordgren but injuries have been a big issue. We're unlucky with Finnish players. Probably AD's fault...

Reactions: Muffinalt

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Yeah for whatever reason it never works out. Could totally be a coincidence but Teravainen and Jokiharju both had problems here. I really like Nordgren but injuries have been a big issue. We're unlucky with Finnish players. Probably AD's fault...
and Tuomo Ruutu never really panned out.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Musto unless you have proof you need to stop with the Joker having problems here stuff. It just looks bad.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Musto unless you have proof you need to stop with the Joker having problems here stuff. It just looks bad.
It's well documented that he complained about being sent down, complained about minutes in the NHL, complained about being sent to world juniors. He's a whiny loser.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's well documented that he complained about being sent down, complained about minutes in the NHL, complained about being sent to world juniors. He's a whiny loser.

It was not documented at all. He said he would rather be in the NHL but did zero pouting. He played his ass off everywhere he went. You are making up an issue that was not there.

Reactions: TheDoorDoctor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->