2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
Wait, these guys will start a meaningless winning streak in March because, as Toews said, it's not over, absolutely!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I am watching the Lafreniere game...Rimouki leads Quebec 10-2...only about 10 minutes left for Lafreniere to load his stats more.

Yes he has 7 points(never did that before in his career)...But he has ONLY 1 goal and that was on a PP (so Only against 4..not 5x5)...ok 6 assists..But again 4 were secondaries where he really did nothing much ...just routine e.. His 2 primary assists were nice and full credit there..But overall ...you probably will.never find a 7 point game guy where in reality it was not really that level of greatness displayed by him...The TV Nnoucers called him brilliant..But I disagree..I have seem him.play lots better...This was a game where he just got to pad his stats because Quebec is an 8th place team that is very young and overmatched against Rimouski ....Lots of guys from Rimouski looked "great " today ....Just a game where a young team ifvoppnebts just dod not have it and could not compete at the level they even had before in prior games agaibst Rimouski (which they all list but not to this degree).

Yes as I post this Rimouski scored again...Now 11-2..but Lafreniere was not on.. so no points that goal.

8 Rimouski players have multi-points.

All I am reporting this that sometimes 7 points by a pjayer is not really that exceptional in the circumstances..nor o the eye test.

I have see Lafreniere with brilliance..but THIS was really a walk in the park easy stat-paddiing game ...

Rimouski beat up on a vastly inferior team and of course you take what the opps hive you...but nothing exceptional or remarkable from Lafreniere in reality this easy game for hom and his team...They are good...12 th straight win..

I will.not say to discount what Lafreniere has done all season due to hom being on a good team..justcas I will not say that for Marco Rosdi...

Sure they both benefit from being on top teams ...but on the eye test I have seen great brilliant games many times this season where they clearly displayed their talent.

This rady game for Lafreniere was not one of his best on the eye test..He just happened to get a game where it was easy to pi k up points and he did not have to do or exert that much tk get those extra points to pad his stats.

So I would withhold the wow!

Better to sed him get 3 or 4 points where he clearly was the main reason goals were scored...that really was not the case today in this laughter of a game for him and his team.

As we know...success for teams comes in cycles and Rimouski next season loses a lot of older players who help them be so potent and of course Lafreniere will be I the NHL...they probably nosedive.

Quebec will be better as their youngsters get a season older...And by 2 seasons from now maybe Quebec is back as a top ten..

But some games ...especially when a top team filled mostly by vets going all in for a Q Championship and Memorial Cup ride pkay a very young roster opponent you get exactly this kind of blowout.

One nerds to take this in consideration when evaluating Lafrenier's "best game of his career".....because itches not his best game played..only the best points accumulated...not exactly the same meaning.

Let us hope we see the real "brilliant" Kafreniere on display I the coming Q playoffs and hopefully the Memorial Cup ...because he was definitely not brilliant today...merelyvthe beneficiary of a young weak opponent having their worst day..and that combined proved lethal for Quebec.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I don't like the Team Stützle Plays for, but he is a Pretty good Player already. He Needs more seasoning for sure, he Plays next to Ben Smith and can Keep up with him. He was one of the best Germans at the WJC. I'm not sure if he is a Top3 pick, but you can see why many are high on him. If we can draft him and acquire a later 1st to draft Peterka it would Keep some Germans within the Hawks Organisation :D

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I just ran 10 simulations of the lottery on tankathon and the Hawks had a top 3 pick 4 times, with 2 2nds and 1 1st and 3rd.

No one has jumped from 7 to the top 3 in the history of the draft lottery. Our time to shine baby lucky number 7.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If Blake Coleman fetches a first, then I think that's all the more reason for me to NOT trade Saad.

Hopefully that means you can get a 1st for one of our goalies and/or Gus. Lehner to Carolina for one of their firsts just makes too much sense.

I don't know what bubble playoff teams could benefit the most from Gus, though.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I don't know what bubble playoff teams could benefit the most from Gus, though.

I heard on the radio over the weekend that Brian Dumoulins injury might be worse than expected so the Pens might want Gus.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They won a cup with Daley watching from press box

And how has Jack Johnson looked for Pens? They dont need a guy like Gus who is complete liablity

Daley and Schultz for as crappy as they were could still be considered average/below average defenders ,, Gus is far from being even in the tier of a shitty defender... He is a complete joke without the puck and on PP and for most of this year Gus has been joke even with puck and especially on PP

Gus + 3rd is far from appealing when talking about trading away a 1st.. Pens will ask for something of actual quality if they part with that pick

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

And how has Jack Johnson looked for Pens? They dont need a guy like Gus who is complete liablity

Daley and Schultz for as crappy as they were could still be considered average/below average defenders ,, Gus is far from being even in the tier of a ****ty defender... He is a complete joke without the puck and on PP and for most of this year Gus has been joke even with puck and especially on PP

Gus + 3rd is far from appealing when talking about trading away a 1st.. Pens will ask for something of actual quality if they part with that pick

Gus can defend at the same level as both of them. You are just blindly biased as usual.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Daley and Schultz for as crappy as they were could still be considered average/below average defenders ,, Gus is far from being even in the tier of a ****ty defender... He is a complete joke without the puck and on PP and for most of this year Gus has been joke even with puck and especially on PP

Gus hasn’t been nearly as bad defensively as you’re acting. Like BK said I don’t think you’re even watching much anyway with takes like this, Saad, and defending Strome.

Reactions: BK

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
C'mon Uncle Gary, the Hawks get Lafreniere.... DO IT! He owes the Hawks for the cancellation of the 04-05 season. The Hawks surely would have been the worst team that year had they played.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
So if the draft happened today with the current standings do you think this is close to how it would play out?

Detroit-Laf
Kings-Byfield
Sens-Stutzle
Devils-Drysdale
Ducks-Rossi
Sharks-Lundell
Blackhawks-Raymond
Wild-Perfetti
Habs-Holtz
Sabres-Askarov

Status
Not open for further replies.