Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
We're going to over correct the Langenbrunner trade and draft both Mason and Landon with our later picks

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Peterka seems to be Shapiro's guy. He's mentioned him often, even taking him in the Athletic mock draft. Obviously never seen him play, but the reports make him sound like a Dallas type pick. His offense upside seems questionable. More of a Top 9 guy likely. That's not a bad guy to land though at the bottom of the first round.

He's a safer pick it seems, but the team could potentially benefit more from a boom or bust player just to try and land a high skill guy.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I think his offensive upside is his main appeal. He's not good defensively, at least at his current age. He is listed at 192 but he doesn't play very heavy, he somehow does get pushed around by lighter guys.

Skaters like the wind, that's his main attribute. Has pretty good hands. He also has a surprisingly good shot. Maybe over time he could develop into a 2 way guy in the mold of Yanni Gourde. But right now he does a lot of floating around, waiting to get the puck on his stick so that he can rush it up the ice the other way in transition. And he is very dangerous in transition. But he would score a lot more if he was a shift to shift 200 foot player.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
One thing that intrigues me about European players playing in men's leagues at this age is that it's so hard to predict. They're not getting a ton of time, and they're playing against men at 16, 17, and 18 years old. I wouldn't mind getting a guy like him. He could be a good pick.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Hey ... I think you're forgetting some people Dallas Stars. Sneaky sneaky. Where's Honka and Tufte?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My interest for tonight:

Tyson Foerster, Jan Mysak, Jacob Perreault, JohnJason Peterka, Ridly Greig

That's my list and I'm sticking with it! :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad