GDT: 2020 NHL Entry Draft - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
For reference...

So why say something like “who cares” if you’re not expressing some sort of discontent toward people who don’t agree with the pick and why even bother being on a board where opinions will differ?
Your completely wrong in assessing my statement like who cares who they draft it’s luck at this point.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
All in all, I'm happy with the Rangers draft. Gotta believe a shake up at C is coming by next week.

Getting that Alex Laffyiere kid was astute drafting I must say, kid could be a steal

what shakeup? Didn’t they just qualify strome? Maybe ADA gets traded

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
GOD I HATE THIS 7TH ROUND PICK UGH FIRE GORTON

how do you live like this
This is very patronizing. This Website called Hockey’s Future, where people keep an eye on prospects. This isn’t a Rangers site. It’s great when what the Rangers do aligns with the content that we read on these boards. When it doesn’t happen, people are allowed to disagree and converse accordingly. As someone who has kept an eye, not a big eye but certainly paid attention, to the draft eligible players this year, yes - it is very frustrating to take two goalies when organizational depth is needed elsewhere. It is very frustrating for example to see Pashin go to a division rival to go completely off the board to take a second goaltender. HF is not a vessel for me to blindly support the Rangers, there are other places for that.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I like this draft quite a bit, but those last two picks are very meh, especially the second goalie.
There was so much talent that was available for the Rangers to go off the board and take these novelty picks where there is not a lot of precedent for success. It’s a bit of a let down, after having this on for 7 hours.

Reactions: Joey Bones

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
This is very patronizing. This is. Website called Hockey’s Future, where people keep an eye on prospects. This isn’t a Rangers site. It’s great when what the Rangers do aligns with the content that we read on these boards. When it doesn’t happen, people are allowed to disagree and converse accordingly. As someone who has kept an eye, not a big eye but certainly paid attention, to the draft eligible players this year, yes - it is very frustrating to take two goalies when organizational depth is needed elsewhere. It is very frustrating for example to see Pashin go to a division rival to go completely off the board to take a second goaltender. HF is not a vessel for me to blindly support the Rangers, there are other places for that

. Nobody is blindly supporting the Rangers. But overall this was a very solid draft

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
what shakeup? Didn’t they just qualify strome? Maybe ADA gets traded

I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade, if it's ADA it could be a trade for a young centre

I just don't see Gorton being happy with his Centre depth for next year.

The other possibility is Strome goes next year and we swing something big or go after an FA

Reactions: bl02

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This is very patronizing. This Website called Hockey’s Future, where people keep an eye on prospects. This isn’t a Rangers site. It’s great when what the Rangers do aligns with the content that we read on these boards. When it doesn’t happen, people are allowed to disagree and converse accordingly. As someone who has kept an eye, not a big eye but certainly paid attention, to the draft eligible players this year, yes - it is very frustrating to take two goalies when organizational depth is needed elsewhere. It is very frustrating for example to see Pashin go to a division rival to go completely off the board to take a second goaltender. HF is not a vessel for me to blindly support the Rangers, there are other places for that.

Imagine getting this bent out of shape over 2 players who almost for sure will never spend a second playing in an NHL game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
theres a decent chance both are gone soon.

We'll get a day off and then we get to deal with this insanity again on Friday. I personally look forward to @LeetchisGod complaining about everything again /s
Me, off on Fridays:

61384bd2d8a3b7ba79aa0cfc4297b45f.gif

Reactions: Joey Bones

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
This draft is a A-/B+ Still pissed about trading up for Schneider and then the goalie in the 4th was an absolute waste as was the goalie in the 7th.

Not a bad draft and a couple really good value picks, but silly to trade up for Schneider; should've waited or gotten someone like Lapierre with the major boom potential.

Rangers still have a lot of moves to make. Lias trade and result was solid at least.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
This draft is a A-/B+ Still pissed about trading up for Schneider and then the goalie in the 4th was an absolute waste as was the goalie in the 7th.

Not a bad draft and a couple really good value picks, but silly to trade up for Schneider; should've waited or gotten someone like Lapierre with the major boom potential.

Rangers still have a lot of moves to make. Lias trade and result was solid at least.
. Lapierre is very risky. Schneider is a real good defenseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad