GDT: 2020 NHL Entry Draft - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I hope everyone is prepared to trade Georgiev/Strome for a 2nd only to take Blomqvist.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
To close the loop and recap Day One:

The Rangers grabbed the 1st and 12th players on their list.

Those guys were 1 and 19 0n my list, and 1 and 15 on the board's mock.

When all is said and done, the latter arguably represents a high ranking combination than this board would've given both the 2017 and 2018 drafts, and probably would've eclipsed what our 2019 draft would've looked like had we not traded Winnipeg's pick back to them.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

When all is said and done, the latter arguably represents a high ranking combination than this board would've given both the 2017 and 2018 drafts, and probably would've eclipsed what our 2019 draft would've looked like had we not traded Winnipeg's pick back to them.
Do you think we’re trying to grab a second round pick?

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I'll go on record in front of this board, and my lord the Flying Spaghetti Monster and say that if Schneider gets to a point where he forces us to have to make a roster move (either him or someone else), I will take that outcome every day of the week and RUN WITH IT.

That is a f***ing awesome outcome for the Rangers. I have zero concerns about that outcome being a reality.

I welcome it.

It can stay in my house in the guest room.

I will cook breakfast for it, drive it to the airport, and see it off on its glorious journey to a shiny, warm destination.

Bring me that outcome.
@Edge
last thread was closed but i fully am on board with this thinking, you see it happen all the time and its about time the rangers welcomed this thinking.....for me after the top couple of picks you always take BPA regardless of position, if that player pans out and you have too many at one position you trade someone from a strength to shore up a weakness, it really isnt that complicated

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Absolutely trying.

Succeeding? Eh, I'll get back to you on that one.

I don't feel like Strome gets a 2nd round pick in this year's draft. At least not in the first half of the 2nd round. If a bunch of the kids that were expected to go in the first are gone, maybe then.

If Strome gets you into the 2nd, I have a bad feeling we're adding a later pick with Strome... I know that's terrible value.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Im happy with the way day 1 went. I mean, its hard not to be happy with the 1st overall pick. Especially after getting the 2nd overall last year.

With #19, im also happy with it. It was really weird after the selection was made. I mean, flat out anger by some. Twitter was lighting up a bit. Lots of people compared it to McIlrath. Schneider wasn't my first choice there but I don't think its a bad selection. I loved the scene where they showed the trade being made. They really wanted this kid. If they jumped ahead and selected a guy that was concensus ranked in the late 30 or 40's...then i think there would be something to moan about.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Certain universal truths around here. You never do a bridge deal unless the player plateaued in hindsight. Hockey players need to be less vanilla unless I disagree with their ideas. You always draft BPA unless I hate your list.

Reactions: Trxjw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->