2020 NHL Entry Draft 2 - 17th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
It really is starting to look like Askarov won't escape the top 10

If we had 17 and 18/20, and he somehow fell to like 12, I’d offer our 3rd this year and maybe a 3rd next year to move up from 17. Get Askarov and Amirov/Marat. I’d still be up for Amirov and Marat though if Askarov goes top-10.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
devil's willing to trade 18OA or 20OA

I say trade Saad @ 50% for whichever we can get for him...

Hawks would have 17th +18/20

trade the 17th and a 3rd to move up to get askarov before he goes off the board (probably a like 12/13 pick range?)

then take BPA with the remaining pick or maybe pair something else with the later pick again if theres a player on the board still they love ahead of them

17 and a 3rd? Good luck with that

Reactions: bwana63

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Laz and Kelley had an article that came out last week. Kelley admits he would trade up to grab Askarov, but the cost to get into the top 10 he thinks would be prohibitive. The options he mentions other than him are: Mercer, Guhle, Holloway, Schneider, Jarvis, Amirov, Reichel, Zary, Lundell.

Obviously, you could assume he isn’t disclosing who they’re really after. Who do you think the mystery player might be if this was the case?

(Whoever says Marat first will be sent to the gulag)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Laz and Kelley had an article that came out last week. Kelley admits he would trade up to grab Askarov, but the cost to get into the top 10 he thinks would be prohibitive. The options he mentions other than him are: Mercer, Guhle, Holloway, Schneider, Jarvis, Amirov, Reichel, Zary, Lundell.

Obviously, you could assume he isn’t disclosing who they’re really after. Who do you think the mystery player might be if this was the case?

Marat-Khusnutdinov-KHLru.jpg

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas

I thought I saw somewhere that the Hawks were interested in Jacob Perreault. They could also be in on Bourque and Mysak.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
He’s obviously got some wheels, but forcing low percentage shots instead of passing isn’t all that impressive.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
1 week til draft day as of tomorrow.

Guys on my short list, in no particular order:
Gunler
Mercer
Amirov
Khusnutdinov

(I'm an upside guy)

Guys who I'd be a disappointed if they picked at 17:
Zary
Jarvis
Schneider
Reichel
Colangelo

Guys who seem like Hawks scouting faves:
Mercer
Amirov
Zary
Jarvis
Schneider

Off the board possibility:
Wallinder...but I don't see them valuing him that highly.

Last edited:

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Hoping for Jarvis but realistically Marat or Amirov but if swinging for upside then maybe Lapierre.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
1 week til draft day as of tomorrow.

Guys on my short list, in no particular order:
Gunler
Mercer
Amirov
Khusnutdinov

(I'm an upside guy)

Guys who I'd be a disappointed if they picked at 17:
Zary
Jarvis
Schneider
Reichel
Colangelo

Guys who seem like Hawks scouting faves:
Mercer
Amirov
Zary
Jarvis
Schneider

Off the board possibility:
Wallinder...but I don't see them valuing him that highly.

Why would Jarvis disappoint you at 17? He’s got arguably the highest ceiling of any of those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad