2020 NHL Entry Draft 2 - 17th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Rossi and Seabrook to FLA for a bag of pucks and call it an offseason...The hockey gods owe us one with the cap ceiling situation since the Toews and Kane contracts kicked in...

I’d be both pissed at Bowman for requiring us to lose a player like Rossi and happy that we unloaded Seabs’ contract.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I'm not currently subscribed, but this should be an article worth reading for those that are

Not a lot here because it's only one or two sentences for each player but he gave the most praise to Jarvis IMO.

“Seth had a really good year. I would say from probably about November on, I’m not sure anyone had a better year in the CHL. Really smart player. His game stands out at both ends of the ice.”

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
I’d go:
Jarvis
Reichel
Mercer

all three are good players but I like the speed of Jarvis/Reichel. Gulhe could be a beast but we are already loaded on D

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Mercer is my pick if he’s there.

I still really like Holloway too.

Kelly said Schneider reminds them of Seabrook. Said he has a presence on the ice and in the locker room. Would be a good addition to a team.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Schneider has the same feet as Seabrook that’s the problem. He is big and physical but lacks foot speed

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
He is 6’2” not 6’4”. He gaps well and has a good stick. Plays physical. But he is by no means quick or fast. His skating is very average.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I’d go:
Jarvis
Reichel
Mercer

all three are good players but I like the speed of Jarvis/Reichel. Gulhe could be a beast but we are already loaded on D

We could use another LHD in the system...Nobody projects as a top pair guy atm

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
upload_2020-9-22_17-3-8.png

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
we should load up on forwards. D depth is good. Fwd depth needs help

We need help everywhere...They've struggled in the draft for a while now...When is the last time a 2nd round pick panned out...Mitchell should but its been too long...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
the year before that it was DeBrincat?

yeah cat...basically cat and mitchell and not much of anything since saad in 2011? just not good enough scouting, look at tampa, thats the same core as 2015 but they drafted better and made better pro scouting decisions

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Mark Kelley said:
“Goaltenders can be a challenge to project,” said Blackhawks vice president of amateur scouting Mark Kelley. “They take time in development. I think we go into every draft with goaltenders that we would like to target at certain times. But what you find with goaltenders is once the first one goes, there’s probably going to be a run (of goalies taken) at every one of those tiers. If you have the pick and the value is there, I’d love to draft a goaltender that turns out to be a franchise goalie for the Blackhawks. But it’s hard to do. If you look at the NHL and look at who’s playing in net for what teams, it’s not a high number that we’re drafted by those teams.”

Found this quote interesting. So it’s not that they don’t value goalies. It’s that they haven’t found the value there when they’re picking. Wonder if we could be interested in Askarov.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Started watching a bit of film on Owen Power. Kid is a stud. Big LHD that can skate. Can play physical. Very smart. He models his game after Victor Hedman. I don’t want us to suck next year but if we do, getting someone like Power or Brandt Clarke, who both look like future #1 D would be huge. I also love Luke Hughes and think he has #1 potential as well. I think if he has a big year, he’s right there with those two guys. I’ll probably start watching film on Lambos, Edvinsson, etc. soon too.

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
mercer, jarvis, guhl, trade up for sanderson, or trade back. i think we are in no mans land if it goes chalk (it never goes chalk).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad