2020 NHL Entry Draft 2 - 17th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
If Crawford misses any time next year and they move Saad at the TDL then they'll be in tank for a franchise defenseman mode, which honestly would not be a bad outcome if the draft is that loaded next year...

whats the power rankings on defenseman in next year draft as far as potential franchise players

I don’t think we tank. But both Power and Clarke are studs that likely both go top-5. Hughes is someone I’m very high on that could either go top-10 if he has a monster season or go around mid-1st if he has just an alright season. His U-17 numbers were better than Quinn and both Quinn and their dad have said that Luke is further along than Quinn was at his age.

The other players I don’t know all that well aside from Isaac Belliveau, who had a really good year playing on the same Q team as Lafreniere.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Oh well that's fine. I would easily trade DeBrincat for Rossi. No brainer.

Maybe DeBrincat, Strome, and 17 for Reinhart and 8. That probably makes more sense, but not sure if Buffalo would trade Reinhart.

Edit: I’m only offering this if Rossi, Raymond, or Drysdale is there at 8.

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Maybe DeBrincat, Strome, and 17 for Reinhart and 8. That probably makes more sense, but not sure if Buffalo would trade Reinhart.

That is way too steep.

Odds are you dont get anyone better than DeBrincat or Strome at #8. Having both of them and 17 isnt something I would be thrilled about at all. There isnt a gigantic gap in talent between Reinhart and Strome so basically your trading Cat and 17 to pick 8 which is an overpayment

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
That is way too steep.

Odds are you dont get anyone better than DeBrincat or Strome at #8. Having both of them and 17 isnt something I would be thrilled about at all. There isnt a gigantic gap in talent between Reinhart and Strome so basically your trading Cat and 17 to pick 8 which is an overpayment

Meant to specify that’s if Rossi is there at 8. Yeah, if him, Raymond, or Drysdale aren’t there at 8, I don’t even think about doing that trade. I’m very high on those 3 players.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
If Crawford misses any time next year and they move Saad at the TDL then they'll be in tank for a franchise defenseman mode, which honestly would not be a bad outcome if the draft is that loaded next year...

whats the power rankings on defenseman in next year draft as far as potential franchise players
What I've seen in preliminary rankings so far is that a lot of them have Clarke (R), Lambos (L), and Power (L) as the top defensemen in some sort of order with Edvinsson (L) and Hughes (L) close behind. So, next year's draft is definitely the year to nab a franchise defenseman, especially a left-handed one. Not to mention, there are going to be some good forwards available too like Räty, Johnson, Lucius, and Guenther.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
He is, pitched a shutout with 32saves. Honestly, if he is there at 17, I'd grab him. I'm pretty reluctant on goalies early, but he seems like the real deal.

I have him 10/11 in my rankings so no brainer if he’s there at 17. Would be nice to have a legit goalie prospect. If he ends up costing a ton of money long-term, that’s a good problem to have if you can get him at 17.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Askarov will come over in a year or two then it makes a lot of sense to bridge Crawford and let him develop in the KHL...Podkolzin fell a lot further than he should've because of the russian factor so maybe he slips to 17...How many teams ahead of the Hawks need a goalie 2 years down the road that are not trying to win now or already have something in the pipeline?

Reactions: Muffinalt

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
If Askarov will come over in a year or two then it makes a lot of sense to bridge Crawford and let him develop in the KHL...Podkolzin fell a lot further than he should've because of the russian factor so maybe he slips to 17...How many teams ahead of the Hawks need a goalie 2 years down the road that are not trying to win now or already have something in the pipeline?

The teams that worry me are NJ, Minnesota, Nashville, Carolina, Edmonton, Toronto, and even Montreal. I don’t think it’s likely he’s there at 17, but you never know. Maybe there’s a run on D after Drysdale and Sanderson.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The teams that worry me are NJ, Minnesota, Nashville, Carolina, Edmonton, Toronto, and even Montreal. I don’t think it’s likely he’s there at 17, but you never know. Maybe there’s a run on D after Drysdale and Sanderson.

If he can make it past Carolina at #13 I think he’d be there for us. I could see Nashville maybe taking him but they perpetually need forward talent.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
If he can make it past Carolina at #13 I think he’d be there for us. I could see Nashville maybe taking him but they perpetually need forward talent.

I think if he makes it past them and there’s still forward/D talent there, Edmonton goes with a forward, Toronto goes with a D, and who knows what Montreal does. I’m not even opposed to trading up to 14 or so using the later of our two 3rds to get him. I don’t think we do that though.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

This could happen or some start to creep up the draft board leading up to the draft, but if that takes place then some forwards are shifting down and then it's a decision between a forward that slipped and a goalie and the Hawks are probably more likely to take the forward based on their history of never taking a goalie in the 1st two rounds for like 15 plus years now.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
This could happen or some start to creep up the draft board leading up to the draft, but if that takes place then some forwards are shifting down and then it's a decision between a forward that slipped and a goalie and the Hawks are probably more likely to take the forward based on their history of never taking a goalie in the 1st two rounds for like 15 plus years now.

Maybe some Euro prospects tear it up early on and go higher than they were projected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->