2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
All I know is, I want the Sharks to end up with Luke Evangelista, preferably with our second pick if possible but not even opposed to pick him late 1st if our scouts feel he won’t be there at 34. Best case is Foerster/Reichel late first and Evangelista early second but again Evangelista is the player I want in the draft above everyone else.

Last edited:

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Right now, Friday's draw is for 15 teams. 7 known teams plus place holders for 8 teams that won't advance from qualifying round.

If one of top 7 teams don't win draws, there will be a second lottery of those 8 teams.

I can't imagine 7 teams in tomorrow's draw would be happy to not only be out of restart playing, but also potentially get any lottery win taken away.
Thats true, but how do you appease teams who dont even get to play playoffs now

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
All I know is, I want the Sharks to end up with Luke Evangelista, preferably with our second pick if possible but not even opposed to pick him late 1st if our scouts feel he won’t be there at 34. Best case is Foerster/Reichel late first and Evangelista early second but again Evangelista is the player I want in the draft above everyone else.

Honestly, coming away with two of those players would be a strong draft.

A team could fall in love with Foerster and take him in the early 20s, or, he could be available at 34 due to skating concerns. I haven't watched him a ton, but his shot is beastly. He could top out as a two-way third liner and clean-up on the PP for all I care. Other teams would have to respect him from the circles and that would open up the PP for the other skaters. I see a lot of potential value in this pick.

Evangelista is a toss up. From what I've seen, he could go anywhere from the late first to possibly even the early third. I would not bet against the Hunters and I expect him to take off next year.

Coming away with the two Germans, Reichel and Peterka, would be cool too. A lot of scouts have Reichel falling, but my gut feeling says he still goes in the 1st. With the late 2nd rounder, I'd take a flier on Ponomarev.

Reactions: themelkman

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I was a bit surprised to see Reichel at 20 on Bob McKenzie’s final ranking. Think that’s as high as I’ve seen him and Bobs list is usually fairly accurate in terms of which players get selected in the first round. I’m starting to believe we’d possibly have to trade up a little to get Reichel and Peterka for that matter.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I was a bit surprised to see Reichel at 20 on Bob McKenzie’s final ranking. Think that’s as high as I’ve seen him and Bobs list is usually fairly accurate in terms of which players get selected in the first round. I’m starting to believe we’d possibly have to trade up a little to get Reichel and Peterka for that matter.
I’m okay with just getting one of them, and Reichel would be my preferred one, but I’d rather not trade up unless someone a tier above falls

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Best case scenario, none of the top-3 come to the pacific, and the sharks pick to Ottawa also stays out of the top-3. Red wings, senators, and whoever the hell else.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It really feels like you can't go wrong in the top 60 picks this year. Kind of an odd draft in that regards. I do think that a lot of it is because we didn't have any playoffs or world championships this year. Usually those events separate the tiers pretty definitively by the time the draft rolls around.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
If we are looking at players trading up to get a player ranked in the 18-20 range, I wouldn't mind Reichel.. but my top choice, and my hope for getting a top line player on the Sharks in this draft, is Seth Jarvis. I know others have mentioned him before so I am not unique in this assessment, but he looks like a top 6 NHL player to me. If he falls in the 20s (not sure why he would) and the Sharks draft him I would almost be okay with the high pick lost in the Karlsson trade. I worry about drafting a player like Reichel because how often has a Sharks prospect significantly improved their offensive ability after their draft year?

IMO, Jarvis just looks liked another player in the mold of Marner or Barzal, who the Sharks are sorely lacking. I would much prefer a dynamic and fast offensive player vs. a great 2way player, as the Sharks desperately need elite skating and offensive talent up front.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
If we are looking at players trading up to get a player ranked in the 18-20 range, I wouldn't mind Reichel.. but my top choice, and my hope for getting a top line player on the Sharks in this draft, is Seth Jarvis. I know others have mentioned him before so I am not unique in this assessment, but he looks like a top 6 NHL player to me. If he falls in the 20s (not sure why he would) and the Sharks draft him I would almost be okay with the high pick lost in the Karlsson trade. I worry about drafting a player like Reichel because how often has a Sharks prospect significantly improved their offensive ability after their draft year?

IMO, Jarvis just looks liked another player in the mold of Marner or Barzal, who the Sharks are sorely lacking. I would much prefer a dynamic and fast offensive player vs. a great 2way player, as the Sharks desperately need elite skating and offensive talent up front.

The problem is we’re lacking assets right now, whether that be high picks or prospects, so we’re not in a good position to move up. I think the best route is to take 2 solid guys and hope atleast one of them raises their stock next year.

Reactions: jarr92

jarr92

May 7, 2013
The problem is we’re lacking assets right now, whether that be high picks or prospects, so we’re not in a good position to move up. I think the best route is to take 2 solid guys and hope atleast one of them raises their stock next year.

I am 100% for BPA unless Jarvis falls into the 20s, depending on how TB does it may not require that much to get him. If they think he is a high end talent, it might be worth the cost of moving up a few spots to get him.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks win 3rd pick in lottery.

Ottawa picks 5th with own pick.

Kings got 2nd.

And one of 8 teams eliminated from qualifying round will get #1 pick.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Sucks we lost out on 3OA, but the chances of 3OA being as good as EK65, even with his down year last year, aren’t that great. For every Drai, there’s a gudbranson.

Also, hoping unless someone who fell to us is on the board with Tampa’s pick, Hope DW can trade down. I’d be stoked if we landed Nybeck and Evangelista and gained a late second or early third in the process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad