2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oh, is he?

I just saw him listed as a RW at EP, Dobber and NHL.com so I figured he played that position.

He played RW last season and the year prior, but this year he was a center, and he was a very good one. His two-way game is his strength, and he's one of the better two-way players in this draft right now. He definitely projects as a center long term. Depending on who's still left at 9, I would not be upset at all about picking Mercer there.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He played RW last season and the year prior, but this year he was a center, and he was a very good one. His two-way game is his strength, and he's one of the better two-way players in this draft right now. He definitely projects as a center long term. Depending on who's still left at 9, I would not be upset at all about picking Mercer there.
any idea why he was a RW the 2 years prior then thrown into C this past season?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
any idea why he was a RW the 2 years prior then thrown into C this past season?

Nope. Can only speculate that he was moved to center because he was a better player on a weaker team with a strong defensive game.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think Mercer, Jarvis & Perfetti are all wings. They can play C in a pinch, but they are mostly wings

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
does his offensive potential look better than lundell?

He's definitely more skilled than Lundell is. He's maybe not as smart and as mentally mature as Lundell is though. He has a higher ceiling than Lundell, but a lower floor, in my opinion. Less of a sure thing to be an NHL player, but more of a sure thing to be a top 6 center, if that makes sense.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
He's definitely more skilled than Lundell is. He's maybe not as smart and as mentally mature as Lundell is though. He has a higher ceiling than Lundell, but a lower floor, in my opinion. Less of a sure thing to be an NHL player, but more of a sure thing to be a top 6 center, if that makes sense.
perfect sense really. i wonder if we could get Lundell and then trade back into around 14 for Jarvis.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It hurts a little bit to think about how this should have been 3.5 months ago.
True. Just think about how the 2021 NHL Draft will be 3.5 months sooner than usual with respect to this draft. The hard part is done. we have two drafts in the next 9 months (hopefully)

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
Maybe you can get the ping pong ball loader job with the NHL and put a magnet in the Wild ball next time.

LOL...tried to get the job but they told me I had to move to New York. No way in hell moving to that dumpster fire state so pulled my name from contention

Reactions: HotDish

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dawson Mercer's favorite player is Patrice Bergeron.

That doesn't mean anything, unless it does.

Reactions: keppel146
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad