2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
How do you know he is 1 or 2 years away?

And why on earth would he go to sweden for a year or two?
Ope yup thats my bad. Mixed up the 2 leagues.

And I dont, I would just assume giving him 1 more year beyond this season atleast with all the minutes and reps he's getting is better than trying to force quick development.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I would bet Rossi falls due to size and the only way I could see Lundell being gone at our pick is if Buffalo falls in love with him. Historically, it’s very unlikely that less than 2 defenseman are taken before 9 and I would expect Drysdale and Sanderson to be gone anyways due to both having top pairing upside and many teams having needs for defensmen ahead of us. I would bet Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale and Sanderson are gone before 9. That means, assuming no huge suprises, one Raymond, Perfetti, Holtz and Rossi will be available at 9, and I think the latter two are the most likely to be there.

If this happens I'm popping a bottle of champagne.

Ope yup thats my bad. Mixed up the 2 leagues.

And I dont, I would just assume giving him 1 more year beyond this season atleast with all the minutes and reps he's getting is better than trying to force quick development.

Happens to the best of us.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No way I am trading Dumba +9oa to move up to anything short of a top 3 pick. The two Dmen aren't worth Dumba + 9, and while one of Perfetti/ Rossi/ Raymond might be, who knows which one, if any. The draft is littered with examples of early draft pick disappointments, whether it be Yakupov, Puljujarvi, Drouin, or what have you. Even Stutzle and Byfield aren't sure things, but the upside and position they play would be too good to pass up.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Wheeler Q&A notes on what he’s hearing:
  • He’s hearing ducks like D or Holtz at 6
  • Thinks Buffalo also likes Holtz
  • Thinks there a good chance Rossi is available at 9
  • Thinks Jarvis can play center in the NHL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wheeler Q&A notes on what he’s hearing:
  • He’s hearing ducks like D or Holtz at 6
  • Thinks Buffalo also likes Holtz
  • Thinks there a good chance Rossi is available at 9
  • Thinks Jarvis can play center in the NHL

So making some assumptions here:

Lafreniere, Stutzle, Byfield all gone
Drysdale and Sanderson gone because of defense
Raymond gone because he's elevated his stock
Holtz gone because both Anaheim and Buffalo like him

That leaves Perfetti, Rossi to go 7, 9? Maybe only Anaheim likes defense this draft and they prefer Sanderson, Drysdale falls?
This is also assuming no one like Jarvis, Lundell, Askarov, Quinn find their way into the top 8.

I wonder:

NYR- Lafreniere
LAK- Stutzle
OTT- Byfield
DET- Perfetti
OTT- Raymond
ANA- Holtz
NJ- Askarov
BUF- Jarvis/Quinn? Rossi/Drysdale?
MIN- Rossi/Drysdale?

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

That leaves Perfetti, Rossi to go 7, 9? Maybe only Anaheim likes defense this draft and they prefer Sanderson, Drysdale falls?
This is also assuming no one like Jarvis, Lundell, Askarov, Quinn find their way into the top 8.

I wonder:

NYR- Lafreniere
LAK- Stutzle
OTT- Byfield
DET- Perfetti
OTT- Raymond
ANA- Holtz
NJ- Askarov
MIN- Rossi/Drysdale?
20 days ago I posted this:

1. Alexis Lafreniere
2. Tim Stutzle
3. Quinton Byfield
4. Jake Sanderson
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Alexander Holtz
7. Cole Perfetti
8. Anton Lundell
9. Marco Rossi
10. Lucas Raymond

Tick tock tick tock. If/when I hit at an 80% clip I become the only mod for these forums. @mods deal?

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019

1. Alexis Lafreniere
2. Tim Stutzle
3. Quinton Byfield
4. Jake Sanderson
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Alexander Holtz
7. Cole Perfetti
8. Anton Lundell
9. Marco Rossi
10. Lucas Raymond

Tick tock tick tock. If/when I hit at an 80% clip I become the only mod for these forums. @mods deal?
What happens after the first four picks and you only got Laf right? You don’t get to post til next draft?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

1. Alexis Lafreniere
2. Tim Stutzle
3. Quinton Byfield
4. Jake Sanderson
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Alexander Holtz
7. Cole Perfetti
8. Anton Lundell
9. Marco Rossi
10. Lucas Raymond

I would take that bet. You probably have a couple correct, but I can't see both defensemen going top 5. Namely, I can't see Ottawa taking defense at 5. Chabot, Brannstrom, Thomson, Docker. They need high end forwards.

Also can't see Buffalo taking Lundell, but especially if a player like Raymond is still there. I also can't see Raymond falling to 10 after the start to the SHL season.

Holtz is realistic, Sanderson is realistic though not likely in my opinion.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We have to stop this. I’m actually starting to get my hopes up.

I don't know how you have them ranked, but you should be very excited by the prospect of getting to choose from at least one of Rossi, Perfetti, Drysdale, Holtz.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

I wonder:

NYR- Lafreniere
LAK- Stutzle
OTT- Byfield
DET- Perfetti
OTT- Raymond
ANA- Holtz
NJ- Askarov
MIN- Rossi/Drysdale?
I’m really excited about the player we’re going to get. Askarov is elevating his stock right now too

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If I'm NJ I'm desperate for a 1D to grow with my star centers for our runs.

They are severely lacking quality anything defense top down in the org.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How bad is Perfettis skating?

It's not awful, it's just not good. He's agile enough, but speed and acceleration are just not really there for him. He's got all the skill in the world though, so if he can improve his skating he could be a real dynamic player.

I'm generally a huge fan of guys who can skate well, so he's not my first pick of the bunch, but Holtz isn't a great skater either.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
It's not awful, it's just not good. He's agile enough, but speed and acceleration are just not really there for him. He's got all the skill in the world though, so if he can improve his skating he could be a real dynamic player.

I'm generally a huge fan of guys who can skate well, so he's not my first pick of the bunch, but Holtz isn't a great skater either.
Is his skating overblown like with Dylan strome or is it a bit worse than that?

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota

I've read alot of perfettis weaknesses like skating etc could be do to him not being fully grown into his body yet and needing to add strength. If thats all he needs its hard pressed to pass on that kind of talent regardless if he's a wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad