Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part III - June 26th Lottery Confirmed by League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
From now on, we just have to pray that Ottawa really, really likes Drysdale.

Not a chance they take him. Dorion has the easiest decision of the draft. Meanwhile we get another RHD lol..either that or Askarov. I can't wait to watch Askarov on opening night for the 2026 NHL season! Or maybe Jake Sanderson :facepalm:

Can't wait for next year's draft lottery, where I can have the same feeling of defeat yet again!

We literally are going to be trash forever.

Reactions: avssuc and Vladdy84

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
When I was watching the Alexis interview I felt he wouldn't be a wing. You know when you just feel like a player will never play for your team? Btw I think he will be world class. Anyway ciroc is calling me. Bye guys!

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
From now on, we just have to pray that Ottawa really, really likes Drysdale.

Odds are they could just take the higher ceiling forward, either QB or Stutzle, and then bank on the best defenseman available in either Drysdale or Sanderson. They have no incentive to take the D at 3 in my eyes

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Yzerman just stated that he will go for best player available, not for a specific position.

and now I get to spend the next several months worrying that that's code for "i'm taking Askarov"

....yay

So we're sure we're not a Sanderson team, right? 3 teams on McKenzie's list had Sanderson at 3rd overall. Yeah...

wasn't it widely speculated that the Wings were on there and it was Holland himself? doubt they got another Wings guy since he left with how tight Yzerman keeps things

although just not being represented on that list obviously doesn't necessarily mean that the Wings aren't high on Sanderson regardless

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
and now I get to spend the next several months worrying that that's code for "i'm taking Askarov"

....yay

wasn't it widely speculated that the Wings were on there and it was Holland himself? doubt they got another Wings guy since he left with how tight Yzerman keeps things

although just not being represented on that list obviously doesn't necessarily mean that the Wings aren't high on Sanderson regardless

I would guess we are high on him. He fits the mold of players Yzerman has traditionally valued on the back-end.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Now I have to hope that Stutzle somehow drops to fourth. I mean I highly doubt it will happen but I guess it depends on how LA and Ottawa views some of the other players.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
on a more hopeful note as far as Bob's list goes just as many(2 out of 10) scouts on his list had Byfield at 6 as Sanderson at 3

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

I think this best sums up this season and the draft lottery. Short of LA drafting a Dman 2nd and Ottawa going for Byfield, Detroit's year is being told to bite the pillow, but there is no pillow.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Is it sad that if 1-3 go as expected, the guy I’m most comfortable projecting as elite is a goalie? I’m starting to come around on askarov. Give me the guy with the highest upside. Probably Raymond askarov Perfetti or drysdale.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Now I have to hope that Stutzle somehow drops to fourth. I mean I highly doubt it will happen but I guess it depends on how LA and Ottawa views some of the other players.

Yzerman should negotiate some deal with Ottawa to arrange this.

Who knows if Sens are interested of the Swedish-duo (Raymond & Holtz). Or maybe a defenceman? Sens have great centers already (Josh Norris, Shane Pinto, Colin White, Logan Brown). Mostly they are lacking right-handed wingers and right-handed skill defencemen, and elite goalie prospect. This draft offers them all on their pick range.

Reactions: jfrank21

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I feel for you. This lottery system is broken, and it’s compounded by an even more ridiculous layer in which we have to wait a month until teams play each other (or don’t, who knows) to find out who won. Super frustrating for everyone involved, and an especially bad look for the NHL in my opinion. This reaffirms that they need to change the format. The 31st place tram shouldn’t have higher odds of picking 4th, than picking 1st/2nd/3rd...

It doesn’t mean much I know, but I was absolutely gutted when the Avs lost the 2017 lottery, and they ended up with Cale Makar. Keep your head up and hopefully the Red Wings can hit a home run at 4. This is a really excellent draft and you’re going to end up with a superb prospect.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
The nhl is an absolute joke.

Was very disappointed with the outcome. A competing team shouldn’t have a chance at drafting #1OA. A team who finished a historic worst shouldn’t be picking outside of the top 3 either. This gimmick lottery this year is doing exactly what the league had hoped for; create some buzz and have even more people interested in finding out the best results. Don’t like it. Can’t do anything about it. Feels like Detroit got hosed, but we can still draft a hell of a goalie with #4

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Was very disappointed with the outcome. A competing team shouldn’t have a chance at drafting #1OA. A team who finished a historic worst shouldn’t be picking outside of the top 3 either. This gimmick lottery this year is doing exactly what the league had hoped for; create some buzz and have even more people interested in finding out the best results. Don’t like it. Can’t do anything about it. Feels like Detroit got hosed, but we can still draft a hell of a goalie with #4

I’m honestly the most mad I’ve been since 2009. I’m feeling honestly kind of checked out. I know there’s a myriad of great prospects we can pick such as Perfetti, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Rossi, and Drysdale. But I’ve just lost interest. We had the worst record of any team in twenty years and we lost the first overall pick to a playoff team? It’s like I posted the other day, the nhl has the worst draft system in professional sports, and it’s a joke.

So I truly don’t care what we do. Glad we have Yzerman who has to care.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Jumping to take the goalie is a knee jerk reaction to placeholder team holding our place. Raymond is likely an all star ppg winger, Drysdale is smart and his skating is elite. I don't care if Drysdale is RH, but I do acknowledge that we went D last year and next year is stacked on D. Hence, I throw my support to select Raymond. I read he's up to six foot 175 and that sure helps settle any worries about strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca