Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well, should have a lot of time to catch up on this draft. Let’s try to share some clips, videos, posts here.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm pretty high on Stutzle (Rossi also) but I could see Drysdale in the 3 position, and even #2. I was really fixated on taking a F this year, but Drysdale leaves me with the least doubts of anyone not named Lafreniere. I hear you on thrilled with one of the bunch. This is going to take some time, and I just hope we get it Wright.

I'd be onboard with Rossi if the scouting staff thinks he's a Center version of Patrick Kane. I have to say though, his size makes me shy away from him.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'd be onboard with Rossi if the scouting staff thinks he's a Center version of Patrick Kane. I have to say though, his size makes me shy away from him.
He is forward, not defenseman or goalkeeper. Rossi going to be fine , we give him Rasmussen and Grewe .

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
tier 1: lafrieniere
tier 2: stuzzle, byfield

if we pick 4th could come down to picking between Rossi, Drysdale, Raymond.

perhaps the real question is who to take of Rossi, Drysdale and Raymond?

Reactions: hkydave04

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Reactions: Wearebadmr91

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
At 4, either Drysdale or Rossi, I'm fine with.

I don't want Raymond based on the position he plays.

I think he is extremely talented, but I see the other two as better fits for what this team needs.

Reactions: lilidk

Christien

May 1, 2010
My top 5 players in this years draft:
1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Drysdale
4. Raymond
5. Stutzle

For the Wings:
1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Drysdale
5. Raymond

I mentioned some of these guys earlier in this thread, but here's some guys I think Detroit should target after the first round:

C - Marat Khusnutdinov - 5'9, 165 lbs
Really good skater who drives the offence for his team and takes care of business in his own end. Good positioning, nice hands, and competitive. Needs to bulk up. Throughout the year I've noticed that he's gained more attention, so don't be surprised if somebody takes him with one of their first rounders.

LHD - Joni Jurmo - 6'4, 190 lbs
Another good skater who kind of reminds me of Broberg last year with the size and skating. Has a strong shot, nice hands and likes to jump up in the play.

LHD - Lukas Cormier - 5'10 - 170 lbs
Undersized defenceman that reminds me of Sam Girard because of his really smooth skating and smart hockey IQ. Great puck mover and pretty good in his own end, too.
Couldn't really find a highlight video, but fast forward to 3:10 in this video

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
At this point I am finding our 32 pverall pick far more interesting than our first rounder. For me personally I would take them in the following order with respect to our first pick. I won't cry if we took Rossi at 4, but he is not who I personally would take (largely because I am not buying him as an NHL center).

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Drysdale

32nd, however, is where the real debate starts in my opinion. If either is available, I have a very strong preference for Brendan Brisson or William Wallinder should either somehow come available. I think the later is a really nice compliment to what we drafted last year and have in the system regarding defensive propsects. I don't see him as elite, but good and the best of the rest at his position (at least a slighlty better puck mover than Guhle). I won't be shocked if he is off the board at 32nd. Brisson has a really good head and feel for the game, good vision and makes the players around him better. The skating is developmentally appropriate for a center prospect of his size and will get better with strength and maturity. I think in terms of higher-skilled players with capacity to truly drive the play and expected to be available at the tail end of the first/early second, he is my preferred option.

I don't think it is super likely that either will be available at 32, but I mention them because there is a non-diminimis chance that one may be available and things tend to get scrambled after about 25.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
At this point I am finding our 32 pverall pick far more interesting than our first rounder. For me personally I would take them in the following order with respect to our first pick. I won't cry if we took Rossi at 4, but he is not who I personally would take (largely because I am not buying him as an NHL center).

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Drysdale

32nd, however, is where the real debate starts in my opinion. If either is available, I have a very strong preference for Brendan Brisson or William Wallinder should either somehow come available. I think the later is a really nice compliment to what we drafted last year and have in the system regarding defensive propsects. I don't see him as elite, but good and the best of the rest at his position (at least a slighlty better puck mover than Guhle). I won't be shocked if he is off the board at 32nd. Brisson has a really good head and feel for the game, good vision and makes the players around him better. The skating is developmentally appropriate for a center prospect of his size and will get better with strength and maturity. I think in terms of higher-skilled players with capacity to truly drive the play and expected to be available at the tail end of the first/early second, he is my preferred option.

I don't think it is super likely that either will be available at 32, but I mention them because there is a non-diminimis chance that one may be available and things tend to get scrambled after about 25.

I have a top 20 for this draft... ideally one of these guys I have 15-20 would fall and be there for us with that 32nd pick.

1- Lafreniere
2- Byfield
3- Raymond
4- Stutzle
5- Drysdale
6- Perfetti
7- Rossi
8- Askarov
9- Zary
10- Lundell
11- Holtz
12- Holloway
13- Mercer
14- Quinn
15- Wallinder
16- Bourque
17- Jarvis
19- Brisson
20- Perrault

If not, I like Guhle, Schneider, and O'Rourke on defense. I like Bordeleau, Pashin, and Nybeck for forwards beyond what I have listed. (as far as that early 2nd rounder goes)

Last edited:

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
With all the free time I've had the past few days I've finished up what I assume will be my final draft list. The list isn't going to look like any main stream list and because of how I create the list it will heavily be skewed towards offensive players; that is also partly by design as I'd rather a "homerun" style approach to the draft with an emphasis on offence.

While I still haven't had time to create an NHLe based metric, I was able to create an adjusted points that account for a players era and age in most leagues as well as having a break down of their scoring totals. The biggest issue is accounting for TOI and PP time so that's where some subjectivity arises. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh, and there is really very little separating some of the players from one tier to another, and in the later cases from 2 or 3 tiers in difference.

Each new tier is denoted by a blue player
TierPlayerPos
1Alexis LafreniereF
2Quinton ByfieldF
2Marco RossiF
2Cole PerfettiF
2Tim StutzleF
2Lucas RaymondF
3Seth JarvisF
3Anton LundellF
3Jamie DrysdaleD
3Alexander HoltzF
4Mavrik BourqueF
4Connor ZaryF
4Yaroslav AskarovG
4Lukas CormierD
4Jack QuinnF
4Zion NybeckF
4Noel GunlerF
5Dawson MercerF
5Lukas ReichelF
5Connor McClennonF
5Martin ChromiakF
5Jan MysakF
5Veeti MiettinenF
5Rodion AmirovF
5Dylan HollowayF
6Jeremie PoirierD
6Jacob PerreaultF
6Tyson FoersterF
6Ryan O'RourkeD
6Jake SandersonD
6Roni HirvonenF
6Marat KhusnutdinovF
6Hendrix LapierreF
6Emil HeinemanF
6Daniel TorgerssonF
6Emil AndraeD
7Tristen RobinsF
7Alexander PashinF
7Sam ColangeloF
7Ryan FrancisF
7Alex CottonF
7Carter SavoieF
7Ridly GreigF
7Michael BenningD
7Joel BlomqvistG
7Colby AmbrosioF
7William VilleneuveD
7Jack FinleyF
8Pavel NovakF
8Xavier SimoneauF
8James HardieF
8Luke EvangelistaF
8Yevgeni OksentyukF
8Brendan BrissonF
8John-Jason PetrekaF
8Ozzy WiesblattF
8Daniil GushchinF
8Kasper SimontaivalF
8Jacob DionD
8Tyler TullioF
9Dmitri OvchinnikovF
9Sean FarrellF
9Jake NeighboursF
9Brett BerardF
9Thomas BordeleauF
9Mitchell MillerD
9Braden SchneiderD
9Anton JohannessonD
10Evan VierlingF
10Zayde WisdomF
10Oskar MagnussonF
10Helge GransD
10Tomi NikuD
10Roby JarventieF
10Vasili PonomaryovF
10Justin SourdifF
11Kaiden GuhleD
11Theodor NiederbachF
11William WallinderD
11Mikael PyyhtiaF
11Ivan DidkovskyF
11Maxim BeryozkinF
11Yegor StepanovF
12Rory KerinsF
12Juuso MaenpaaF
12Joni JurmoD
12Samuel KnazkoD
12Adam WilsbyD
13William DufourF
13Brady BurnsF
13Kyle CrnkovicF
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Some quick thoughts about this draft:
  • I think the draft is extremely deep and full of interesting and high upside forwards. It does lack in all around dmen and there is a real lack of defenceman that are true 1st round talents. Aside from that it's a very good year to be looking for scorers and any team with a top 10 pick should be happy.
  • I think Seth Jarvis is one of the most underrated players in the draft. This past season is comparable to that of most top 5 picks out of the WHL and truth be told it's the 3rd best DY season out of the WHL since 2000. Should he fall outside the top 10 he's an instant steal ala Debrincat.
  • Chromiak would have been in contention for a top 10/15 spot had he had more GP in the OHL. His work in Kingston was exceptional and his best comps were that of a top 10 selections.
  • Torgersson & Ambrosio are two players that I don't see much fanfare for. Both have very good seasons in which they likely under-produced and are poised to have big D+1 seasons. Both players had ES IPPs in the 50s, normally for a forward it's in the 65-75 range.
  • Mitchell Miller and Jacob Dion are my personal sleeper dmen. Dion has had a season that would put him on the 1st round fringe in most years, and Miller is arguably the best defenceman in the USHL. Miller has had excellent international showings and had a very good
  • Evangelista, Finley, and Sourdif were all elite producers at ES. Given their elite production at ES I don't believe it's a stretch to think that once they start to get top PP minutes they should show off more of their offensive upsides.
  • Askarov and Blomqvist are the clear top 2 goalies for me. If we are unable to draft one of them than I'd focus on gambling one someone in the later rounds.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Who are the best "all-name team" guys this year? I'm partial to "Lucky Number" Tyler Kleven.

It's all about this guy >> Primo Self at eliteprospects.com

But seriously, these are the coolest names to me:
Ozzy Wiesblatt
Zayde Wisdom
Zion Nybeck

Then there is Rodion Amirov, who sounds to me like he would be one of those made-up Russian players in Be a GM Mode in the NHL games with franchise potential.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I have a top 20 for this draft... ideally one of these guys I have 15-20 would fall and be there for us with that 32nd pick.

1- Lafreniere
2- Byfield
3- Raymond
4- Stutzle
5- Drysdale
6- Perfetti
7- Rossi
8- Askarov
9- Zary
10- Lundell
11- Holtz
12- Holloway
13- Mercer
14- Quinn
15- Wallinder
16- Bourque
17- Jarvis
19- Brisson
20- Perrault

If not, I like Guhle, Schneider, and O'Rourke on defense. I like Bordeleau, Pashin, and Nybeck for forwards beyond what I have listed. (as far as that early 2nd rounder goes)

Perrault I could see being the one that falls from that group.

I'm with you on the 3 dmen at the top of the second, but what do you think about Mysak early second?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Perrault I could see being the one that falls from that group.

I'm with you on the 3 dmen at the top of the second, but what do you think about Mysak early second?

I like it. I’m intrigued by him and Chromiak.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
tier 1: lafrieniere
tier 2: stuzzle, byfield

if we pick 4th could come down to picking between Rossi, Drysdale, Raymond.

perhaps the real question is who to take of Rossi, Drysdale and Raymond?
More like tier 1 - Lafreniere tier 2 drysdale byfield tier 3,Stutzle, raymond, Rossi tier 4 - rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad