2020 NHL Draft Thread: only 365 more days until next years hockey tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kase

May 1, 2016
I sure hope, that when our time to pick comes, the clear cut BPA isn't a LW...unless it is Lafreniere.

Probably the only way this could happen is if Perfetti is the only one available from the "big nine".

If that's the case I wouldn't mind picking Sanderson, assuming he is still available, which he might not be. I think he is going to be this years Seider, where he goes higher than the consensus thinks he would.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I will scream and throw things if we take a dman with either of our 1st's. Addison is a top D prospect. Enough already.

I want two C's, or at least one C, and one other RHS forward, though we can talk Askarov, who appears to be dropping like a rock.

Kase

May 1, 2016
There's no sense in taking a significantly lesser prospect just because he plays a preferable position. It's not like the organization is filled with LHDs either, isn't Warren like the only one? and even he is a long shot to become anything notable in NHL level.

Sanderson projects as a shutdown top pair D who can also chip in offensively, I'd gladly take that over a C prospect who doesn't project clearly as a top 6 center.

Also if Brodin is gone in the near future, it would be really nice to have player like Sanderson in the system.

Reactions: Wild11MN and TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Belpedio has played LD for the majority of his college career. Taking a LD on the off chance that Brodin might be traded, when we've got Soucy who can jump in and do a creditable job, when we have close to zero(JEE maybe)? top 6 C's signed for 21-22? We need scorers and speed up front. We are more than fine on D, with 5 top 4 Dmen, at least two really good prospects, if not more.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Belpedio has played LD for the majority of his college career. Taking a LD on the off chance that Brodin might be traded, when we've got Soucy who can jump in and do a creditable job, when we have close to zero(JEE maybe)? top 6 C's signed for 21-22? We need scorers and speed up front. We are more than fine on D, with 5 top 4 Dmen, at least two really good prospects, if not more.
You don't force positions in the draft, positions should only be a tie breaker consideration if you have multiple players ranked the same on your board.

If you have a player ranked clearly above another, you don't take the lesser ranked player just because he aligns with position need in the organization.

Most of these guys are years away anyway...a lot can change in an organization from the time they're drafted to the time they're ready for the NHL.

If you get overstock at a prospect position, they can be used as valuable trade bait.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Our top 4 prospects are forwards, one is a center, and another has potential to be.

I wouldn't put the same blanket argument over our pick (potentially top 10) and Pittsburgh's (potentially bottom 5).

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Our top 4 prospects are forwards, one is a center, and another has potential to be.

I wouldn't put the same blanket argument over our pick (potentially top 10) and Pittsburgh's (potentially bottom 5).
Our top 4 are Kaprizov, Khovanov, Boldy and Beckman, correct? 1 is a C, 2 could be.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So there is a good chance the Pittsburgh pick is going to be a 26-31 pick. Who are some names that might drop or some dark horse picks around there?

Kase

May 1, 2016
So there is a good chance the Pittsburgh pick is going to be a 26-31 pick. Who are some names that might drop or some dark horse picks around there?

Mavrik Bourque, Brendan Brisson and Ridly Greig as for potential top 6 centers.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think with that pick you just take the guy who has the most potential to be a home-run

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Let's say the Wild's first round picks this June end up being #12 and #31. (being conservative)

If they packaged them together in a bid to move up in the draft, how far could we get? Top 5?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Let's say the Wild's first round picks this June end up being #12 and #31. (being conservative)

If they packaged them together in a bid to move up in the draft, how far could we get? Top 5?

We could get to #10. Top 5? Not close.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We might be able to find a team interested in Kaprizov+12 for 4 or 5

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Seth Jarvis is right-shot RW playing in Portland in the WHL.

Ranked #32 by Future Considerations.

30 goals, 72 points in 46 games

T-7th in goals and 4th in points in the WHL
T-3rd in points-per-game (behind Beckman, Cozens and tied with Krebs)
Tops on his own team in goals (by 5) and points (by 13) while playing 3 fewer games than 2nd place

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Mavrik Bourque, usually rated early 20s, has 71 points in 49 games, but he plays in the Q, so stats don’t matter he’s automatically not good

Reactions: AKL

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I wouldn’t rule out a LHD with the late first. At some point, you need to start reloading the position.

4-5 years from now Suter is likely on his way out or done already. Brodin is either gone or the new top pair LHD. I’m not convinced Soucy has any further upside than say Scandella. They’re in good position on the right side for now obviously.

Clearly when you lack the talent at center you want as many swings at the position as possible. But if it’s not there with the Pitt pick, I think I would be looking LHD over say wing and goaltender.

Reactions: thestonedkoala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad