2020 NHL Draft Thread: only 365 more days until next years hockey tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Hey boys, Ducks fan that comes in peace here. Quarantine has got me bored as f*** at home so I decided to do a mock and took the Wild, I was came here to see what your draft needs are ? I did a little bit of research and thought Zary or Lundell would be available at #11 and Lundell was still available , so I took him, but what about the 2nd first and later round picks ? I'll show you guys all the results when the mock is finished as well.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hey boys, Ducks fan that comes in peace here. Quarantine has got me bored as f*** at home so I decided to do a mock and took the Wild, I was came here to see what your draft needs are ? I did a little bit of research and thought Zary or Lundell would be available at #11 and Lundell was still available , so I took him, but what about the 2nd first and later round picks ? I'll show you guys all the results when the mock is finished as well.

It’s hard to say. I think we need to take best center available at 11, unless there’s another no brainer (Drysdale, Holtz, etc). For the second 1st it’s a little more open. I’d anticipate them looking for a center or LD, but I think they’ll be just as likely to take RD or wing if their guy is there. We only have one draft to use as an example, but it seems they’re going for guys with a lot of offensive potential more so than being worried about position.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lundell was the perfect pick for us. We still need more C's though(Zary Mercer, Jarvis, Perreault, ), and if Askarov drops to 25 then we'll take him. No LW's! A RW like Quinn would work.

A big Dman in the 2nd round. Schneider, Guhle, Barron would be great, but if they aren't available, then someone like Kleven. We've got a fair amount of RHD propsects, so a LHD would be nice, but the main thing is to get talent over handedness back on D.

To sum up;
- C
- more C's
- scoring RW/D with size/Askarov

Don't need LW's or gritty middle six players who can't score. We've got those.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Cool coaches poll. Damien Giroux is the runaway hardest worker. Perfetti was the runaway for best hands, which I agree with. He reminds me of Fiala in that he’s always got the puck on a string, and as we know: Fiala = good

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Giroux was also the best defensive forward. Wonder if that will translate to higher leagues, with his size.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Me, too. All it takes is one GM wanting Askarov, and another Sanderson, or Quinn/Zary/Amirov/Mercer, though. Young top 4 Dmen with size and skill are in high demand.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Assuming that all these players ;
Laffy
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale
Rossi
Raymond
Holtz
Perfetti
Lundell

go top 9, robbing us of any of the top C's, would anyone be mad if we took Gunler(RW)instead of a next tier C like Zary or Mercer? He's big, has decent or better wheels, has a good shot, and is a scorer. I don't know that he is less of a player than the other two Swedes, and he might well be the BPA, or at least BFA(best forward available).

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Assuming that all these players ;
Laffy
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale
Rossi
Raymond
Holtz
Perfetti
Lundell

go top 9, robbing us of any of the top C's, would anyone be mad if we took Gunler(RW)instead of a next tier C like Zary or Mercer? He's big, has decent or better wheels, has a good shot, and is a scorer. I don't know that he is less of a player than the other two Swedes, and he might well be the BPA, or at least BFA(best forward available).
I’d be pretty mad yeah

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Who do you like better?
I’d take a look at Gunler in the 2nd If he’s there. I’ve been watching a fair amount of tape over spring break, and right now here are the players I’d pick over Gunler:
Mercer
Zary
Sanderson
Jarvis
Quinn
Bourque
Perrault
Wallinder
Andrae
Forester
Bordeleau

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow...i guess i value players playing with adults more. Thought that Gunler's shot was very good, and liked his size. The SHL isn't a high scoring league, so i don't worry about that much. It's hard for me to compare a guy like Quinn to a guy like Gunler. They are playing in completely different types of leagues.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I know we talk about Lundell a lot on here, but the more I think about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of Lundell, Perfetti, or Raymond is available at 11. It’s happens every year that teams reach. If you say that: Laf, Stutzle, Byfield, Drysdale, Holtz, Rossi go in the top 10 (they will) and then you throw in Sanderson because 2 D-men will go top 10, and then 2 out of the 3 I listed above go, all it would take is for one more team to reach for a player to fall. Lundell is the interesting case because Pronman has been inkling that there is a bit of a disconnect between the NHL scouting community and the social media scouting community on him. He has him at 13th or something I think. Right now, I’d say I see all the tools for him to be a capable 2C, but the intrigue that comes with him is that he’s so capable at such a young age, that whose to say he can’t develop an elite quality over the next 5-8 years before he enters his “prime”? I truly think all it would take for him to be a 1C is to develop one elite quality. He’s so smart; he’s a great playmaker and scorer. If he could develop his skating he’s in the discussion for 2OA, I think.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Wow...i guess i value players playing with adults more. Thought that Gunler's shot was very good, and liked his size. The SHL isn't a high scoring league, so i don't worry about that much. It's hard for me to compare a guy like Quinn to a guy like Gunler. They are playing in completely different types of leagues.
Gunler is interesting to me because he’s got a really good skill package. He’s a decent skater with a good shot, particularly his release, and he’s a really good passer too. The concerns are that he doesn’t play with pace. Like at all. That’s the number one reason skilled players bounce out of the NHL. His pace/compete are bad, and He makes irritating decisions with the puck several times per game. I think there’s upside there, but there’s way too much risk in his game for me to take that gamble when the payoff is a RW.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Gunler is interesting to me because he’s got a really good skill package. He’s a decent skater with a good shot, particularly his release, and he’s a really good passer too. The concerns are that he doesn’t play with pace. Like at all. That’s the number one reason skilled players bounce out of the NHL. His pace/compete are bad, and He makes irritating decisions with the puck several times per game. I think there’s upside there, but there’s way too much risk in his game for me to take that gamble when the payoff is a RW.

Josh Ho-Sang

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that Gunler would be a big scoring star if he was playing in the CHL. Doesn't mean he will be a good NHL'er but you can say that about a lot of CHL'ers. He has been a 17yo playing with men...that's not easy to do.

I'm not sure if the rumors about his character are true or not...a local scout would be tapped to get that info. I do believe you are right that the first 10 picks will likely have a few surprises. Happens every year. I can easily see Sanderson and/or Askarov getting taken, maybe even Mercer, who seems to be a really handy player with an upside of a fine #2C. Maybe Quinn, too...hard to ignore what he has been doing.

Best C at #11, unless we get bumped back again to #12 like last year(ugh), or there has been such a run on C's that we have to take a wing like Holtz. Then look to get another C at #25, unless there is a clear BPA at another position.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Have to say, after watching Drysdale a bit more, that he is pretty damn impressive. I'm surprised, with his skill, that he didn't score even more than he has. Superb, effortless, skater and imagination, and unlike a lot of offensive Dmen, can play D. Can't say for sure, but looks like he has a decent frame. Imagine a bigger, better skating Spurgeon .

I wouldn't be surprised if some team took him at #2.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Have to say, after watching Drysdale a bit more, that he is pretty damn impressive. I'm surprised, with his skill, that he didn't score even more than he has. Superb, effortless, skater and imagination, and unlike a lot of offensive Dmen, can play D. Can't say for sure, but looks like he has a decent frame. Imagine a bigger, better skating Spurgeon .

We’ve been sayin...

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

He’s such a great skater it’s so fun to watch

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Lundell might be available at 11, but I have watched enough drafts to expect that teams in the top-10 gobble up the #2-4 centers on the board year after year.

And I have seen plenty of centers with "average at best skating" do quite level if they also can play fast at their top speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad