2020 NHL Draft Prospects

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Do 2002 (15 year old) kids often go to the GMHL, and then end up in the OHL? Why would someone choose that course?

Hcokeydad64

Aug 24, 2017
Do 2002 (15 year old) kids often go to the GMHL, and then end up in the OHL? Why would someone choose that course?

OHL route removes NCAA eligibility. Just two games there and the prospect of an NCAA scholarship is forfeited.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Andrei Bakanov playing in the HPHL with Oakland was denied OHL Draft eligibility, would have been a top 10 top 5 pick. Recently committed to Michigan.

still a long way to go and all this could go a dozen different ways, but an update on the top Russian 02
If he does indeed end up at Michigan, that freshman class would be insane. Stranges, Perfetti, Truscott, and Bakanov.

Last edited:

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
I think this is the year for Minnetonkas Bobby Brink. Great 1 on 1 player with the IQ to not just be a 1 on 1 player.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Andrei Bakanov playing in the HPHL with Oakland was denied OHL Draft eligibility, would have been a top 10 top 5 pick. Recently committed to Michigan.

still a long way to go and all this could go a dozen different ways, but an update on the top Russian 02
If he does indeed end up at Michigan, that freshman class would be insane. Stranges, Perfetti, Truscott, and Bakanov.

I'm guessing Bakanov now goes to the USHL. Even though he's commited to Michigan he could still go the CHL route if taken by the right team in next years Import draft.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Another huge commit

Michigan 02 class is absurd right now, if all follow through

Stranges, Perfetti, Power, Bakanov, Truscott

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
From U18--Samuel Knazko is 4th in D scoring through 4 games 2g-1a. And he is a ridiculous +8 which is tied for second. He is an August birthday 15-year-old. Seems pretty impressive. Anyone know much?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I read on Holtz of course lafrieniere
Has there been any mention of the swede .lucas raymond? Pretty electrifying kid..he might develop to be better then holtz

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
From U18--Samuel Knazko is 4th in D scoring through 4 games 2g-1a. And he is a ridiculous +8 which is tied for second. He is an August birthday 15-year-old. Seems pretty impressive. Anyone know much?

Knazko is big talent. He was mentioned here in Slovakia already 2 years ago. But after the fiasco with Patrik Koys we were very cautious to make him as the new wonder kid. But it seems, he could be one. At least from Slovakia.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Lleyton Moore and Jamie Drysdale are just as dynamic as Merkley offensively, but less selfish/prone to bonehead plays. We'll see how well they translate to the OHL, but I've got high hopes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Ryder Rolston will be picked in the first round. He has had a terrific end to the season with the U17 as the youngest player on the team. Zegras was the offensive driver of his line but 21 goals in 34 games in the USHL at 16 is pretty impressive.

Could be an early first round pick, I think. Lets see where he plays after next season. I think if he had a good season next season, he could be a first round pick, but having that extra season could get him into the top 10 of the first round.

Jez

Jun 6, 2017
New York
Could be an early first round pick, I think. Lets see where he plays after next season. I think if he had a good season next season, he could be a first round pick, but having that extra season could get him into the top 10 of the first round.

True. He might end up at 11 like his dad...

He could be playing for Notre-Dame in 19/20. That should give him plenty of exposure.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The Swedish 02 group looks interesting. Holtz and Raymond have made a lot of noise already but there are other guys who could climb significantly over the next couple of years. Anton Johannesson is a small but incredibly quick defenseman who really stands out in international tournaments, Teodor Niederbach is a talented center heading to Frölunda next season. Zion Nybeck is a player in the Arvidsson, Bratt, Berggren mold.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Lleyton Moore and Jamie Drysdale are just as dynamic as Merkley offensively, but less selfish/prone to bonehead plays. We'll see how well they translate to the OHL, but I've got high hopes.

Drysdale will be an elite defenseman. If he continues on his development trajectory, I guarantee he will be a NHL first round pick and possibly one of the best two-way defenseman in the draft class

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I see that Bakanov spent his early years in CSKA system. Has he represented anyone in International tournaments?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad