2020 NHL Draft Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
But seriously Hendrix ''bobblehead'' Lapierre will probably put up about 100 points as well this season if he can avoid shaken baby syndrome or whatever the f*** his agent's calling it.

How does Chicoutimi look this year? Didn't they go all in for last year's playoffs? Lapierre playing with what type of talent? If the talent is not so good and he produces, that's something to look out for. This kid could be a top 10 value in 12 months or he could be worse than a 3rd rounder. Risky to take him at 16 but someone from 20-30 will take him and they might get lucky!

What about this type of trade where we get the Bruins 1st (27th) in a Domi trade (Rakell involved as well but apparently, I'm not allowed to talk about trades in this thread). If Lapierre is still on the board at 27? I like throwing a dart at him. Just not the 16th dart.

Reactions: Frank JT

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
draftsim

We can know make the draft with Bob McKenzie list and it's more realistic

I finish with that:

16: Dawson Mercer
47: Sam Colangelo
48: Ozzy Wiesblatt
56: Luke Evangeliste
77: Jaromir Pytlik
97: Joel Blomqvist
101: William Villeneuve
108: William Dufour
135: Dmitri Ovchinnkov
170: Samuel Hlavaj
187: Jackson Kunz

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
So would anybody be upset if Bergevin traded a 2nd (one of our higher ones) to move up a few spots if Quinn is still available at 12th or 13th? Or would you prefer keeping the 2nd and picking BPA at 16th?

I don't know if it will cost a 2nd pick But I would sure try to move up if Quinn is still there

Reactions: Fenris

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
draftsim

We can know make the draft with Bob McKenzie list and it's more realistic

I finish with that:

16: Dawson Mercer
47: Sam Colangelo
48: Ozzy Wiesblatt
56: Luke Evangeliste
77: Jaromir Pytlik
97: Joel Blomqvist
101: William Villeneuve
108: William Dufour
135: Dmitri Ovchinnkov
170: Samuel Hlavaj
187: Jackson Kunz

I like it!

Here is what I got:

16 - Dawson Mercer
47 - Sam Colangelo
48 - Theodor Niederbach
56 - Danuel Torgersson
77 - Will Cuylle
97 - Brandon Coe
101 - Tristen Robins
108 - Alex Cotton
135 - Charlie Desrochers
170 - Jackson Kunz
187 - Billy Constantinou

Reactions: Vachon23

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:laugh:
Lapierre is your draft victim flavor of the year. We are used to see you destroying one each year

wasn't katchuck the one last draft ?

Nah, I never destroyed Tkachuk.. although I did rate him lower than he should have been. I just wanted to get somebody who would have been more a difference maker.. where Tkachuk is the ultimate finisher prospect (i,e. the guy you get to complete a talented line.. not the guy you get before you have anyone to pair wirth him). If we could get a Brady now, it would be huge.. but we didn't have anyone at the time to pair him with.

Reactions: JAPPO

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
How does Chicoutimi look this year? Didn't they go all in for last year's playoffs? Lapierre playing with what type of talent? If the talent is not so good and he produces, that's something to look out for. This kid could be a top 10 value in 12 months or he could be worse than a 3rd rounder. Risky to take him at 16 but someone from 20-30 will take him and they might get lucky!

What about this type of trade where we get the Bruins 1st (27th) in a Domi trade (Rakell involved as well but apparently, I'm not allowed to talk about trades in this thread). If Lapierre is still on the board at 27? I like throwing a dart at him. Just not the 16th dart.

Lapierre and Mercer are playing together and I think they'll be too much for most Q defences. I think Lapierre's a pretty safe bet to improve his draft stock at least looking 1 year out.

Reactions: JAPPO

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lapierre and Mercer are playing together and I think they'll be too much for most Q defences. I think Lapierre's a pretty safe bet to improve his draft stock at least looking 1 year out.

Any chance our herd is sleeping on him? I've seen the concerns (injury and lack of shot power) but he might end up BPA from 10-20 range in the end? Someone from 20-30 is going to take him and either be very happy or disappointed. Huge gap between hit/bust factor with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I like it!

Here is what I got:

16 - Dawson Mercer
47 - Sam Colangelo
48 - Theodor Niederbach
56 - Danuel Torgersson
77 - Will Cuylle
97 - Brandon Coe
101 - Tristen Robins
108 - Alex Cotton
135 - Charlie Desrochers
170 - Jackson Kunz
187 - Billy Constantinou

I would be more then happy with that !

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would be more then happy with that !

I was hoping to get a goalie, but they were always being picked a few picks before the one I wanted to use on them.

Blomqvist, Daws, and Hlavaj are the three goalie I'm most interested in. And all three went 2-3 picks before my turn.

Reactions: Vachon23

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I like it!

Here is what I got:

16 - Dawson Mercer
47 - Sam Colangelo
48 - Theodor Niederbach
56 - Danuel Torgersson
77 - Will Cuylle
97 - Brandon Coe
101 - Tristen Robins
108 - Alex Cotton
135 - Charlie Desrochers
170 - Jackson Kunz
187 - Billy Constantinou
Would be nice but I see Colangelo going before that and Robbins WELL before that.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Any chance our herd is sleeping on him? I've seen the concerns (injury and lack of shot power) but he might end up BPA from 10-20 range in the end? Someone from 20-30 is going to take him and either be very happy or disappointed. Huge gap between hit/bust factor with him.

He has his supporters. I think that if you want to draft him, you will have to be honest and say that 15 goals would be a fantastic year for him in the scoring department at the NHL level. The clowns on the mainboard aren't ready to admit as much. However, he does have some elite and near-elite tools to work with in other areas. He's a fantastic skater, and an elite playmaker. The best ability Lapierre has is to disguise the pass. His passing is really well integrated with his puck handling. This is the difference between Bourque's playmaking (which is superb), and Lapierre's (which is a little bit better).

I like Bourque more as a prospect primarily because he's also a very good scorer as well.

Reactions: Fenris and Frank JT

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
If Lapierre ends up as dominant as he was at the Hlinka, he will make a lot of people look bad. His injuries not being as bad as previously reported, I wouldn't mind at all if he's there at 16. I don't mind taking this much of a risk where we are drafting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has his supporters. I think that if you want to draft him, you will have to be honest and say that 15 goals would be a fantastic year for him in the scoring department at the NHL level. The clowns on the mainboard aren't ready to admit as much. However, he does have some elite and near-elite tools to work with in other areas. He's a fantastic skater, and an elite playmaker. The best ability Lapierre has is to disguise the pass. His passing is really well integrated with his puck handling. This is the difference between Bourque's playmaking (which is superb), and Lapierre's (which is a little bit better).

I like Bourque more as a prospect primarily because he's also a very good scorer as well.

Good info! Thanks. I'll be watching Lapierre next season more closely. But most of us agree... not good to use our 16th dart on him.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017

Great post.

I might add that he worked very hard on his shot for 6 months during his neck injury.

Him and his coaches found a technical problem with his shot. He changed his technique and worked on it.

He said that now that he knows that he has a better shot..he will shoot a lot more.

A top 10 talent

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Lapierre ends up as dominant as he was at the Hlinka, he will make a lot of people look bad. His injuries not being as bad as previously reported, I wouldn't mind at all if he's there at 16. I don't mind taking this much of a risk where we are drafting.

Imagine the shit show on our boards if we take him at 16th? The level of attention he would get from our massive fan base would be a lot of pressure on the kid. He's an interesting prospects that we really don't need but might be BPA from 10-20 when you look back in a few years.

I think I would steer clear of taking him at 16th but I would try to trade down to get him in the 20-30 range if he is still on the board.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Imagine the shit show on our boards if we take him at 16th? The level of attention he would get from our massive fan base would be a lot of pressure on the kid. He's an interesting prospects that we really don't need but might be BPA from 10-20 when you look back in a few years.

I think I would steer clear of taking him at 16th but I would try to trade down to get him in the 20-30 range if he is still on the board.

He looked like a Patrice Bergeron at the Hlinka against the best players his age. I remember thinking to myself that it would be insane if we could land one of Lapierre or Perfetti. I don't think I saw any players with higher potential ranked after 12. If we do draft him, our fanbase will need to be patient with him, considering his injuries. If our scout wants him, I don't think trading down is the solution. It is not out of question that a team in front of us takes him. Every team's scouting department are aware of what happened at the Hlinka.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Well, Lapierre would probably not be NHL ready for 4-5 year. And he wouldnt have the pressure to fill a spot on our top 3 lines for a long time, so that's good for him. Who knows in 4 years who of Suzuki, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Domi.... will stay be on the team?

Reactions: Acadien86

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
We are always taking guys that were injured or too small in their draft year...hopefully we shy away from that this year ala Lapierre.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He looked like a Patrice Bergeron at the Hlinka against the best players his age. I remember thinking to myself that it would be insane if we could land one of Lapierre or Perfetti. I don't think I saw any players with higher potential ranked after 12. If we do draft him, our fanbase will need to be patient with him, considering his injuries. If our scout wants him, I don't think trading down is the solution. It is not out of question that a team in front of us takes him. Every team's scouting department are aware of what happened at the Hlinka.

It's the exact reason why he is ranked 15th on Bob's rankings. Whoever drafts him is either going to be very happy or disappointed. He's not on most Habs fans radar cause we are after a winger with size or someone with higher shot power.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, Lapierre would probably not be NHL ready for 4-5 year. And he wouldnt have the pressure to fill a spot on our top 3 lines for a long time, so that's good for him. Who knows in 4 years who of Suzuki, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Domi.... will stay be on the team?

I was thinking about that too. He's a longer term prospect at center and he could be a great piece for us down the road and a good piece for Laval in between.

Where does he get picked? 15-20 or 20-30? Doubt he slips out of the 1st round right? :sarcasm:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Great post.

I might add that he worked very hard on his shot for 6 months during his neck injury.

Him and his coaches found a technical problem with his shot. He changed his technique and worked on it.

He said that now that he knows that he has a better shot..he will shoot a lot more.

A top 10 talent

He is shooting more but the technical correction doesnt seem to have made a salient difference thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad