2020 NHL Draft Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Great post.

I might add that he worked very hard on his shot for 6 months during his neck injury.

Him and his coaches found a technical problem with his shot. He changed his technique and worked on it.

He said that now that he knows that he has a better shot..he will shoot a lot more.

A top 10 talent

Yeah that's what they've been saying, but I don't really put any stock in it. I've watched him a couple times now in pre-season and his shot doesn't look good at all. It might be better but it's just not an asset for him.

There's actually quite a lot that goes into having a plus shot at the NHL level. It's not just power and accuracy, it's placement, it's selection, it's timing, release angle, being able to get the shot off in weird circumstances.

Reactions: JAVO16

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lapierre and Mercer are playing together and I think they'll be too much for most Q defences. I think Lapierre's a pretty safe bet to improve his draft stock at least looking 1 year out.
Bourque and Bourgault are going to destroy the league too, Cats have an amazing center line this year with Ponomarev joining the team soon, they will score alot of goals...

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
It's the exact reason why he is ranked 15th on Bob's rankings. Whoever drafts him is either going to be very happy or disappointed. He's not on most Habs fans radar cause we are after a winger with size or someone with higher shot power.

I think he would only be ready in 3-4 years. Who knows if we would benefit from having an elite playmaker more than a sniper by then? We have Caufield and Ylonen coming up and I could see us acquiring a sniper.

Edit: He can also play wing.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I like it!

Here is what I got:

16 - Dawson Mercer
47 - Sam Colangelo
48 - Theodor Niederbach
56 - Danuel Torgersson
77 - Will Cuylle
97 - Brandon Coe
101 - Tristen Robins
108 - Alex Cotton
135 - Charlie Desrochers
170 - Jackson Kunz
187 - Billy Constantinou
In line with what I get. That's why I am hesitant to trade up with a second rounder.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
There is probably a Pastrnak in guys that will go after top 20 like Reichel or Gunler, Hirvonen, Amirov, Mysak.

Finally....while I still believe it's top 10 and the rest....the rest of the 1st round will be fun to watch for years to come.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
This is who I picked with the draft simulator

16- Seth Jarvis (RW)
47- Theodor Niederbach (C)
48- Ozzy Wiesblatt (RW)
56- Luke Evangelista (RW)
77- Emil Heineman (LW)
97- Brock Faber (RD)
101- Tyler Tullio (C)
108- Thimo Nickl (RD)
135- Ethan Cardwell (C)
170- Alex Jefferies (LW)
187- Pavel Gogolev (LW)

As you can see, I clearly tried to load up on the wings and forwards in general.

I had a tough time deciding between Bourque and Jarvis. I'm still not sure to be honest...

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
With one of our 2nd, I see us taking Villeneuve if he's available. He's a RHD with good offense, a Q player.
He will have to fill his frame and work on his skating a bit, but he's a good hockey player.

Am I the only one to think that?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
With one of our 2nd, I see us taking Villeneuve if he's available. He's a RHD with good offense, a Q player.
He will have to fill his frame and work on his skating a bit, but he's a good hockey player.

Yeah, I cant remember the last defenseman we took with skating issues. Timmins puts a premium on skating for defenders.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
@covfefe @Stive Morgan

Talk me off the ledge vis-a-vis Cross Hanas. He has impressed me in every game that I've watched. Is this just another Luke Toporowski situation where he looks better than he really is, or do I have this one right?
He's inconsistent. He'll have a 2G, 2A one game then 1A among his next 4 games. I like him though. Just needs to work out his kinks (A.K.A. developing a prospect. No player is perfect immediately out of the draft of course)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Like Villeneuve a lot. Villeneuve EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK AND THEN SOME ahead of Poirier. Cormier ahead of Poirier. EVerybody ahead of POirier...lol

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Okay....who would you pick betweenj; Foerster, Grieg, Zary or Neighbors.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
I've seen him, he has skating issues for sure
I haven't seen him a lot. Would you agree with this description of The Hockey Writers about Villeneuve :
« While his skating is alright, this will need to be an area of focus moving forward. His stride can be a bit choppy, and he lacks explosiveness in his first step. Skating can be improved though, and if a team believes that, Villeneuve could shoot up on draft day.»

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad