2020 NHL Draft Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Heineman had a pretty good game this evening. His skating looks much better to start the year than it did last year, although it was never bad. Now it's pretty good. He plays the game in a very north american style, relishing in physical play. He had a couple good scoring chances where he was able to get away from his check in good scoring areas. This is his primary goal scoring strategy: sneak away at the right moment and snipe. His playmaking offence will come from causing turnovers, and making dangerous passes from below the goal line and off the half wall. He's highly competitive.

He's not a super high upside pick but could be a useful middle-six kinda guy, IMO. Danton Heinen kinda guy.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What do you want from Chicago if we told them we'll draft Askarov.....45th?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Heineman had a pretty good game this evening. His skating looks much better to start the year than it did last year, although it was never bad. Now it's pretty good. He plays the game in a very north american style, relishing in physical play. He had a couple good scoring chances where he was able to get away from his check in good scoring areas. This is his primary goal scoring strategy: sneak away at the right moment and snipe. His playmaking offence will come from causing turnovers, and making dangerous passes from below the goal line and off the half wall. He's highly competitive.

He's not a super high upside pick but could be a useful middle-six kinda guy, IMO. Danton Heinen kinda guy.
I have him, Niederbach, Jurmo and Seeley as my favorites mid 2nd round...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I have him, Niederbach, Jurmo and Seeley as my favorites mid 2nd round...

I like Seeley quite a bit. He's a really accurate passer. I think he could have a big year if he ends up with PP time. Good thing about Seeley is that he didn't make Bobby's list, so we could get him for a better price.

I'm coming around on Järventie. A 2nd round of Hirvonen, Järventie, Niederbach would make me happy. Maybe none of these guys ends up working out, but these are all high upside picks.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I like Seeley quite a bit. He's a really accurate passer. I think he could have a big year if he ends up with PP time. Good thing about Seeley is that he didn't make Bobby's list, so we could get him for a better price.

I'm coming around on Järventie. A 2nd round of Hirvonen, Järventie, Niederbach would make me happy. Maybe none of these guys ends up working out, but these are all high upside picks.
From the games Ive watched, Seeley was playing on the 2nd PP unit and should get an incresed role with the vets gone... As you say, sharp accurate passing skills, awesome skater too, very good at breaking plays in the neutral zone, smart kid ect... His shot is the thing he has to improve the most, but I feel there is some very interesting upside there...

Dont know much about Jarventie, what kind of player Is he?

Reactions: Frank JT

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
From the games Ive watched, Seeley was playing on the 2nd PP unit and should get an incresed role with the vets gone... As you say, sharp accurate passing skills, awesome skater too, very good at breaking plays in the neutral zone, smart kid ect... His shot is the thing he has to improve the most, but I feel there is some very interesting upside there...

Dont know much about Jarventie, what kind of player Is he?

He's primarily a toolsy guy which isn't normally my kind of player. But we don't have a winger like him in our system at the moment. He's big, fast, skilled, and has a great shot (one timer and wrist shot). Jokke made the comment that he didn't seem to realize how good he can be, and I agree with that comment. But the last time I watched him he seemed different. He has something like 6 points in pre-season already, playing on a line with Maccelli. If he wants it, I think he's well positioned to have a big year in Liiga. Also, one of the youngest players in the draft.

Covid I guess?

Yep.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
2 weeks until Hendrix Lapierre :sarcasm:

I’be fine with that... he might be the only player available in that range who could end up being an homerun.. him and Gunler actually.

+ if it means that we’re ok with trading Danault for a good return, I’m even more ok with that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
2 weeks until Hendrix Lapierre :sarcasm:

When you can repeat the Leblanc and Poehling mistakes, you just gotta do it.

I’be fine with that... he might be the only player available in that range who could end up being an homerun.. him and Gunler actually.

+ if it means that we’re ok with trading Danault for a good return, I’m even more ok with that.

LaPierre swings a bat with one hand. He cant hit a home run.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
And 3rd round is the correct price to pay for Carter Savoie, IMHO. I'm on the #Savoiefor78 bandwagon. Population me.

As much as I would love Simontaival with that pick, his skating is just so f***ing terrible. I have to draw a line somewhere and Kasper is well below it. If he goes on to be an impact player in the NHL, I will never consider skating again in my evaluation of any prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Barron de HF

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
1uqxmh.gif

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
But seriously Hendrix ''bobblehead'' Lapierre will probably put up about 100 points as well this season if he can avoid shaken baby syndrome or whatever the f*** his agent's calling it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
But seriously Hendrix ''bobblehead'' Lapierre will probably put up about 100 points as well this season if he can avoid shaken baby syndrome or whatever the f*** his agent's calling it.

Him and Mercer will rip up the Q. A bunch of people for 3 years will try to use junior stats to tell me how I'm wrong about LaPierre then once hes a nothing burger, they'll talk about how he was never a good prospect and everyone knew he wouldnt be much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad