2020 NHL Draft Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I haven't seen him a lot. Would you agree with this description of The Hockey Writers about Villeneuve :
« While his skating is alright, this will need to be an area of focus moving forward. His stride can be a bit choppy, and he lacks explosiveness in his first step. Skating can be improved though, and if a team believes that, Villeneuve could shoot up on draft day.»

My concern is he has heavy feet. I dont know if he can improve that. He can improve some but the game is fast and the best players are so agile, it's a concern.

I would prefer Poirier because even though he also needs to fix his skating and work hard on his defense, he has tremendous offensive upside while I dont know how translatable Villeneuve is gonna be.

I wouldn't be mad with a Villeneuve pick (board dependent) but I dont think it's a guy on Timmins radar.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There's a few incoming Wisconsin Freshman that I will be interested to see where they go. Same Strange ranked 110 by CSS for NA skaters and his teammate Zach Urdahl ranked 144th by CSS. Strange was passed over last year when he put up 67 pts in 24 games in the Wisconsin USHS.

He had a strong year in the USHL as he was 2 pts away from a ppg but more impressive was he had 24 goals, the next 4 highest in points had between 25-28 pts. Urdahl had more goals in the USHS then Strange but his USHL numbers are much weaker (haven't seen either)

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Open question...who is the one player the Habs could announce as their pick that would bring you to these boards to rage?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Open question...who is the one player the Habs could announce as their pick that would bring you to these boards to rage?

I could eventually accept anyone that is rated around 16 even if I like others picked afterwards. For me to rage it would take someone completely off the board. For instance, there was a mock draft by a scouting service that picked Brisson for the Habs. I’d be pretty pissed if they reach for a vanilla player.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
My concern is he has heavy feet. I dont know if he can improve that. He can improve some but the game is fast and the best players are so agile, it's a concern.

I would prefer Poirier because even though he also needs to fix his skating and work hard on his defense, he has tremendous offensive upside while I dont know how translatable Villeneuve is gonna be.

I wouldn't be mad with a Villeneuve pick (board dependent) but I dont think it's a guy on Timmins radar.
Based purely on watching videos, his stride and posture both look pretty bad technique wise. It's not Jeremy Gregoire level bad or anything but he's got a lot of work ahead of him for sure. We don't have a great track record as far as picking prospects that need work in that department, it tends to make me nervous from the get-go.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Names are

Kaiden Guhle
Tyson Foerster
Jeremie Poirier
Jack Quinn
Dylan Holloway
Anton Lundell
Justin Barron
Tyler Kleven
Noel Gunler
William Wallinder
Will Cuylle
Hendrix Lapierre

Which one were you curious about?

All of them isn't an option ? :sarcasm: Let's go with Quinn, Lundell, Wallinder and Poirier then. Thanks !

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Foerster
Holloway
Lundell

Foerster -
One scout loves his shot and his skills and his ability to be a triggerman on the powerplay.

Scout against hates his skating so much that he doesn't think he'll be a professional player because of it.

Holloway -
Scout for - Loves his overall package, knows he has offense from younger days, thinks he has great skills and playmaking

Scout against - doesn't trust the offensive upside and questions hockey IQ. Doesn't see top 6.

Lundell -
Scout for - loves sense and compete, thinks he has more skill than credited, would have highlight plays in CHL

Scout against - doesn't see speed or skill.. 3rd or 4th line c

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Foerster -
One scout loves his shot and his skills and his ability to be a triggerman on the powerplay.

Scout against hates his skating so much that he doesn't think he'll be a professional player because of it.

Holloway -
Scout for - Loves his overall package, knows he has offense from younger days, thinks he has great skills and playmaking

Scout against - doesn't trust the offensive upside and questions hockey IQ. Doesn't see top 6.

Lundell -
Scout for - loves sense and compete, thinks he has more skill than credited, would have highlight plays in CHL

Scout against - doesn't see speed or skill.. 3rd or 4th line c
Jeez, I agree with all 6 scouts - sort of.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Mukhamadulin with an assist today in a 3-1 win in the KHL.

He now has 4 pts (1G, 3A) in 10 GP in the KHL. That's a real good start for the 18-year old defenseman.

He had 13:25 TOI.

Amirov, after playing some games in the VHL, has been with the KHL team. He had no points today and had 14:40 TOI.

So far he has 1 assist in 6 GP in the KHL.

Reactions: Acadien86

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Mukhamadulin with an assist today in a 3-1 win in the KHL.

He now has 4 pts (1G, 3A) in 10 GP in the KHL. That's a real good start for the 18-year old defenseman.

He had 13:25 TOI.

Amirov, after playing some games in the VHL, has been with the KHL team. He had no points today and had 14:40 TOI.

So far he has 1 assist in 6 GP in the KHL.

Holy cow, I was hoping that we snag him in the 2nd but if he keeps going the way he is, he won't make it pass 20. Really intriguing propsect, already have the same amount of points than Romanov at the same age.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
All of them isn't an option ? :sarcasm: Let's go with Quinn, Lundell, Wallinder and Poirier then. Thanks !

Quinn -

FOR: Top 5-7 pick, elite speed and skills.

AGAINST: Lots of skill but lacks size and speed. Older prospect without a track record. Could be a mirage.

Lundell - see above

Wallinder -

FOR: big, mobile, has some offensive upside. Sees second pair ability.

AGAINST: Doesn't see anything but average offensive and defensive tools. Thinks he will be picked too high.

Poirier -

FOR - Offensive package is too good to pass up, look at Theodore and Chabot and you should roll the dice.

AGAINST - Gives up on plays, takes too many risks. Don't know if coaches will trust him.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Poirier, Kleven, Cuylle and Barron

Poirier was covered.

Kleven -

FOR: Coaches will love him. Mobile and size.

AGAINST: Lacks skill and offensive hockey sense. Won't make any plays.

Cuylle -

FOR: physical, with big shot, sees a 20 goal scorer at NHL with jam.

AGAINST: Average skater, inconsistent compete, doesn't see how he can help a NHL team.

Barron

FOR: Thinks he goes top 20. tremendous skater, good passer.

AGAINST: Doesn't think he is smart with the puck. Lacks offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad