NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
They’ll probably miss the playoffs, so no

Odds certainly stacked against them at this point. Worst team in the league right now.

They have a lot of talent though so hard to categorically count them out. They need a new coach with more focus on defensive play and that should help goaltending. They have good offensive tools upfront, still early to count the out IMO.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Yes. Even if they miss the playoffs they should still push themselves up the standings. It's hard to imagine them finishing bottom 5 by years end.

If the Sharks miss the playoffs, we have every right to get excited.

Not only is it another lottery pick, and we have seen teams win from everywhere in the standings, but the top 15 is riddled with awesome prospects either way.

Were getting a great player with that pick if they miss the playoffs.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
If the Sharks miss the playoffs, we have every right to get excited.

Not only is it another lottery pick, and we have seen teams win from everywhere in the standings, but the top 15 is riddled with awesome prospects either way.

Were getting a great player with that pick if they miss the playoffs.
I wouldnt go that far. Even though its a great draft there are still going to be players in the 10-15 range that dont pan out.

Still too early to get excited. We saw what happened with St Louis last year. I didnt go to Buffalo's boards, but i wonder how excited their fans were owning St Louis' pick.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Is it still too early to get excited about San Jose's pick?
Not at all. They are old and not very deep. Vlasic, Dillon and EK are disasters in their own end, they have 5 good forwards but the best might be 30 year old Logan Couture who is still a top 15-20 centre. Overall they will be hard pressed to finish higher than 6th in their division and 10th in the conference.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Damn. I cannot get a read on Marco Rossi. The skills, hockey sense and compete level are all very high BUT he is so small.
What do others think ?

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Is Lucas Raymond the real deal? Scouting report?

I've only seen him a couple times this year with Frölunda. The hands, skating, passing are obviously all top notch. His shot has some velocity on it but he's missed the net a bunch in the games I watched.

But the thing that stood out is how hard he drives to the net with and without the puck, and stays there and battles. Might have something to do with why he's struggling so far with the pro league - if that's a big part of his game, it's a lot harder for a 17 year old to do against grown men. But it also means if/when he gains enough strength his game should transition well to the NHL.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Damn. I cannot get a read on Marco Rossi. The skills, hockey sense and compete level are all very high BUT he is so small.
What do others think ?

Top 20 range - I would be disappointed if we can away with Rossi as our Gem of the 2020 RD1.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
What do others think ?
How's his skating? It's pretty rare for players that small to continue playing centre in the pros if they aren't elite skaters.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
SO if things were to end the way they are today we'd likely have 2 top 5 picks.

Would people here rather have:

A) Lafreniere and Perfetti

or

B)Byfield and Holtz ?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think I'd go with option B personally. If we happen to luck into either package I'd be thrilled though of course.

The chance to get two game-breaking forwards in this draft could be franchise altering.
IMO Lafreniere is the BPA of the 4 players involved and Holtz doesn't move the needle for me enough over Perfetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad