NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That's fair enough. For me a true #1C (top 5 in the league eventually) is too good to pass up. I don't feel that Perfetti will be an elite #1 guy, but I could be wrong.
I am not close to sure on Perfetti either. It may come down to who you'd take between Lafreniere and Byfield.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's fair enough. For me a true #1C (top 5 in the league eventually) is too good to pass up. I don't feel that Perfetti will be an elite #1 guy, but I could be wrong.

Man, picking Byfield only to see Lafreniere become the next generational player would be rough.

Lafreniere doesn't get mentioned for this as much as Byfield for obvious reasons, but he's a big kid. 6'1 and I saw him listed at 203 already (Hockey DB).

That said, Byfield is a unique player, and having him, Brown, Norris, and White as our future centers would be pretty darn sweet.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
One top 4 and one 4-10 would be pretty sweet. Rossi interests me as the second 1st - I'm following him a bit now to see what he brings. Forwards over defence as possible but BPA according to the board.
SJS pick could move (ala 2019 St Louis) into a playoff spot in the new year, but this is the month we find out who they really are. Would be fabulous if they continued to be who they are right now. And then take a lottery win.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I'm still not getting my hopes up for a top 5 pick from San Jose. I'll be happy if it's anything outside of the playoffs, and ecstatic if it's in the top 10.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I feel like Lafreniere is getting underrated on these boards, if you go onto Detroit, LA and Minny boards they all want Byfield, or at least most users. Byfield is having a one hell of a year, but what does it say about Lafreniere that he has 10 more points than Byfield in the same number of games?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I feel like Lafreniere is getting underrated on these boards, if you go onto Detroit, LA and Minny boards they all want Byfield, or at least most users. Byfield is having a one hell of a year, but what does it say about Lafreniere that he has 10 more points than Byfield in the same number of games?

Laf is a beast. The guy is going to be a special player, no doubt about it.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Laf is a beast. The guy is going to be a special player, no doubt about it.

He's also a full year older than Byfield in a slightly weaker league. But still, the way I see it, if a player like Seguin or Stamkos, who had huge years at 17 had stayed for their 18 year old season, they'd have the kind of year Lafreniere is having at 18. He's the real deal. I'll be surprised if Byfield goes first. Both teams that draft them are probably getting franchise players either way.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Hard to compare their production in different leagues this early in the season. From what I understand, the Q doesn't have the same degree of parity that the OHL has, and that's part of why scoring in that league among the top talent is typically a little higher.

That's not to say Byfield is a better prospect, I still lean towards Lafreniere, just that the gap might not be as big as the point production suggests.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hard to compare their production in different leagues this early in the season. From what I understand, the Q doesn't have the same degree of parity that the OHL has, and that's part of why scoring in that league among the top talent is typically a little higher.

That's not to say Byfield is a better prospect, I still lean towards Lafreniere, just that the gap might not be as big as the point production suggests.
Exactly

And not to forget is that Byfield is 10 months younger

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
  1. Yaroslav Askarov, G – VHL (SKA-Neva) – 6-3, 176 lbs – Draft Range: 5-15
Russian Prospects: Askarov is the top goalie of this draft, it is already clear at the current point, it’s quite self-describing, how talks about him are mostly like “is he in the Vasilevskiy talent tier or “just” as good as Samsonov”.
Sergei Kuzin: Askarov shared his starter duties with Nikita Lysenkov in VHL and his stats are decent, not great, but you shouldn’t forget – he is only 17 years old and playing at senior level. Yaroslav is still one of most interesting goalie prospects for the last few years.
Jokke Nevalainen: Arguably the best goalie prospect since Carey Price in 2015. Has all the tools to become a franchise goalie at the NHL level. A team desperate for a goalie could draft him really high but a top 10 projection is very realistic at this point.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Imagine this beautiful world.

Sens get 1st and 2nd overall picks.
Melnyk is forced to sell.

That week season tickets hit record high

That and they switch back to the old 2D logo and jerseys and pretend that the Melnyk era never happened.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Lets say Sens pick ends up being1st overall and the Sharks pick ends up being 4th over all.

Would you be willing to trade the 4th overall + 32nd overall and L. Brown for the 2nd overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad