NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
So should we be looking for players ranked 90 + and watch for those that rise into the 40-50 range as possible 1st round reach we are smarter than everyone picks.

))) They will draft with second round picks 3 US college prospects off board , penciled to go in the third round or even the fourth. Or use two picks to upgrade one position and draft one college kid. That will be a music to Melnyk's ears
The downfall of this team is never ending to neverland. The trend is so obvious, it is sickening to watch. We can only count on our first pick, hopefully it is top 4. After that, it will be Dorion's garbage as usual to reduce future payroll for his master.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2020/

With Lafrenniere and Byfield off the board who do the Sens Draft...
The pundits are pretty high on Raymond, Lundell and Holtz and of course there is Gunler.. the Sens have a choice of a top ranked C, 2 top ranked RWs and a top ranked LW.. There are 12 Cs ranked in the 1st round .. Seems like a good year to take one. Dorion considers himself a pretty savy drafter. He was the one that convinced Murray to trade up for Karlsson when everyone was saying he was too small.
Dorion is ready with his pick.
With the 3rd selection in the 2020 draft the Ottawa Senators are proud to select from Blainville in the QMJHL Migel Tourigny..

Dorion interviewed after the selection says the could not risk this player not being there later and they are ecstatic with the pick. High 5s all around

Based on the Future Considerations rankings we could have a pretty good draft. From what I know so far these would be my picks:

First Round:
Quinton Byfield/Alexis Lafreniere and Jacob Perrault

Second Round:
Antonio Stranges, Jake Neighbours and Connor Zary

Third Round:
I go off the board with Brendan Brisson and Stephen Halliday

I will have to keep an eye to see how those players develop this season and whether other players standout as potential picks in those rounds.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If San Jose finishes dead last next year I'm getting a tattoo of their logo. Come on guys' who else is in? :naughty:

It would certainly be great for the rebuild if the Senators ended up with the first and second overall selections in the 2020 draft. Then they could take Alexis Lafreniere and Quinton Byfield.

Reactions: Karlstrobe

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
))) They will draft with second round picks 3 US college prospects off board , penciled to go in the third round or even the fourth. Or use two picks to upgrade one position and draft one college kid. That will be a music to Melnyk's ears
The downfall of this team is never ending to neverland. The trend is so obvious, it is sickening to watch. We can only count on our first pick, hopefully it is top 4. After that, it will be Dorion's garbage as usual to reduce future payroll for his master.
Aren't you the guy who said Chabot was another Brian Lee and White was a wasted pick because he was American right after the 2015 draft?

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
SensDraftPicks.PNG

Going to be a crucial time for our scouts coming up in 2020-21.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Lundell and Holtz could be too... I'm scared DJ and the kids will do well at the end of the season and play us out of a top spot

Not necessarily Lundell.
He's faced comparisons to Barkov but difference is that Lundell isn't as a flashy like Barkov.
And he doesn't have Barkov's offensive upside. Lundell projects OK or good 2nd / 3rd line center.

But he necessarily isn't franchise level center as Barkov is.
Lundell probably will be TOP5 / TOP10 pick but he can also rise TOP3 if he has very good draft season.

But he can also drop TOP15 range.
All depends that how well he'll play in HIFK's liiga team.
And can he improve his offensive upside and scoring abilities.

Being honest Lundell isn't Kakko level prospect.
And he reminds more Patrice Bergeron or Mikko Koivu than Barkov.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Not necessarily Lundell.
He's faced comparisons to Barkov but difference is that Lundell isn't as a flashy like Barkov.
And he doesn't have Barkov's offensive upside. Lundell projects OK or good 2nd / 3rd line center.

Lundell probably will be TOP5 / TOP10 pick but he can also rise TOP3 if he has very good draft season.

Sounds like a Backlund type career player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The way things have been going the last few years, we'll go on a big run at the end of the season and draft 12th, and San Jose will win the Cup.
Look at the roster this team isnt going on any runs. If you compare it to any team in the league its horrible. The poster that said they need to keep Ceci and Anderson is not incorrect. They need Ceci playing top minutes and to encourage anderson to start playing the puck more.

Pretty dissapointing Duchene wont re sign in Columbus. I honestly think its the best situation and fit for him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sounds like a Backlund type career player.
He is a way better player at this point than Backlund was. I think he projects to be an elite two way player like O'Rielly and Bergeron. No he isnt as flashy as barkov but plays with more jam.

Truly hoping for Byfield Lundel or Lafrennier.

Reactions: Akrapovince

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Look at the roster this team isnt going on any runs. If you compare it to any team in the league its horrible. The poster that said they need to keep Ceci and Anderson is not incorrect. They need Ceci playing top minutes and to encourage anderson to start playing the puck more.

Pretty dissapointing Duchene wont re sign in Columbus. I honestly think its the best situation and fit for him.

What is your prediction for points this year Bert?

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
And with 4th overall pick, Ottawa Senators proud to select Brandt Clarke, from Ontario Hockey League, born and raised in nation's capital.

Brandt Clarke at eliteprospects.com

Really like this guy, outstanding personality, future Ottawa Senators captain material. Homegrown boy. Right side defenseman, Could go top three in the draft.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
It sure would nice if we could finish last and rest easy knowing we'd be guaranteed either Lafreniere or Byfield. But the NHL had to go and fix a lottery system that wasn't broken.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not necessarily Lundell.

Lundell projects as an ok to good second or third line center? This is the first time I’m hearing of this

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
And with 4th overall pick, Ottawa Senators proud to select Brandt Clarke, from Ontario Hockey League, born and raised in nation's capital.

Brandt Clarke at eliteprospects.com

Really like this guy, outstanding personality, future Ottawa Senators captain material. Homegrown boy. Right side defenseman, Could go top three in the draft.

Elite prospects says he is not draft eligible until 2021

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd compare Lundell to Reinhart favourably at the same age. Feel like they have pretty similar potential as two-way forwards.

Lundell probably doesn't end up a star but is a pretty safe bet to be a top 6er. He's not in my top 5 right now, but he's close, and it's still very early.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Yes, I see Lundell as a more dynamic version of Mikko Koivu.

Not a franchise forward, but maybe one of better second line centers.

Offcourse he could turn into Barkov as well so I will keeping a close watch on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad