NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Do these guys show the right level of compete and have character. I fear that if we draw the number 1 pick, PD will go off the board for a “safe pick”. F that!! We have enough depth, it’s time for some guys that can light it up!
Watching what is happening with Marner and Matthews coming off their ELCs .. and demanding huge contracts likely scares the shit out of them. Plus they are trying to get a deal done with Chabot which is likely looking at more than they want to pay. Maybe Melnyk has influenced the draft now. "Pierre I don't want anyone on the consensus 1st round list.. those guys are going to be too expensive when their ELCs are up. Draft good players not star players." Of course Dorion hides all this from Mann and the scouting staff but Dorion has already put his influence in the draft meetings and he's the boss.

I'm Pierre and this is Euge and we're here to FYOUS up

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Watching what is happening with Marner and Matthews coming off their ELCs .. and demanding huge contracts likely scares the **** out of them. Plus they are trying to get a deal done with Chabot which is likely looking at more than they want to pay. Maybe Melnyk has influenced the draft now. "Pierre I don't want anyone on the consensus 1st round list.. those guys are going to be too expensive when their ELCs are up. Draft good players not star players." Of course Dorion hides all this from Mann and the scouting staff but Dorion has already put his influence in the draft meetings and he's the boss.

I'm Pierre and this is Euge and we're here to FYOUS up

A Leaf fan & friend asked me if I would trade Chabot for Marner straight up, he should have known me better? I said no, Marner is too small & soft for my liking, but I'll give you a small & soft Brannstrom for him. The irony is killing me.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The way things have been going the last few years, we'll go on a big run at the end of the season and draft 12th, and San Jose will win the Cup.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Prospect Profile: Jake Neighbours - DraftGeek
ake Neighbours is a game breaking hybrid forward who blends together offensive flare, physical game, and competitive nature. Neighbour’s has shown over the past three years his versatility as a forward, he can be effective in all three forward positions and play up and down a teams line up. A balanced player, Neighbours excels in whatever role you put him in. Physically he’s a relentless puck pursuiter who will win puck battles with either a skilled stick or physical contact. ...Neighbours has all the tools of an elite WHL player, it is hard to pinpoint out a comparable player for him but he has a lot of those similar physical tools and creative playmaking to a player like Leon Draisaitl or Ryan Getzlaf.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
A Leaf fan & friend asked me if I would trade Chabot for Marner straight up, he should have known me better? I said no, Marner is too small & soft for my liking, but I'll give you a small & soft Brannstrom for him. The irony is killing me.
Brannstrom may very well end up being better defensively than Chabot. Size doesn’t tell the story here.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Dman >>>> Winger.

Chabot > Marner

Reactions: aragorn

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think the others will be top 5 as of now. Not so sure about Holtz.
Its an absolutely stacked top 5. I think theres gonna be a lot of jockeying throughout the year and I just don't see anyone as the consensus #1 yet, which is nice given the draft lottery format for us as the team that is the odds on favourite to finish last.

Probably gonna be more fun to follow the 2020 class than it will be the Sens Haha.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2020/

With Lafrenniere and Byfield off the board who do the Sens Draft...
The pundits are pretty high on Raymond, Lundell and Holtz and of course there is Gunler.. the Sens have a choice of a top ranked C, 2 top ranked RWs and a top ranked LW.. There are 12 Cs ranked in the 1st round .. Seems like a good year to take one. Dorion considers himself a pretty savy drafter. He was the one that convinced Murray to trade up for Karlsson when everyone was saying he was too small.
Dorion is ready with his pick.
With the 3rd selection in the 2020 draft the Ottawa Senators are proud to select from Blainville in the QMJHL Migel Tourigny..

Dorion interviewed after the selection says the could not risk this player not being there later and they are ecstatic with the pick. High 5s all around

Reactions: branch

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

The pundits are pretty high on Raymond, Lundell and Holtz and of course there is Gunler.. the Sens have a choice of a top ranked C, 2 top ranked RWs and a top ranked LW.. There are 12 Cs ranked in the 1st round .. Seems like a good year to take one. Dorion considers himself a pretty savy drafter. He was the one that convinced Murray to trade up for Karlsson when everyone was saying he was too small.
With the 3rd selection in the 2020 draft the Ottawa Senators are proud to select from Blainville in the QMJHL Migel Tourigny..

Dorion interviewed after the selection says the could not risk this player not being there later and they are ecstatic with the pick. High 5s all around
I love high 5s. Sounds like they made the right choice. I trust our scouts. :)

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Cole Perfetti is elite. I think he’ll go top five...we need centres.

Reactions: chipsens

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

You seem very bitter, unless I’m missing another joke in there, you’re getting me every time these days SOA ;)

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

BruceGarriochSensTownBlog.jpg

~Bruce Garrioch nasally voice~

"Well you see James, in October when it was apparent that the Ottawa Senators were not going to be competitive enough to make the playoffs this spring, as General Manager Pierre Dorion alluded to in April of 2019, it was decided that it was time to go all in for the draft and move aging star Thomas Chabot and a 3rd round pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a real solid prospect in Emil Sandin who according to a few NHL executives I spoke to consider a sure thing top-6 d, in addition to their 4th round pick in 2021. After winning the draft lottery two months ago, GM Pierre Dorion made the decision to interview the consensus top-2 picks in Alexis Lafreniere and Quinton Byfield. What he found, was that while they were skilled hockey players, they didn't play the way the Ottawa Senators want to play hockey going forward. The Ottawa Senators value character, integrity, and work ethic, and I think that shows in the way that GM Pierre Dorion has built the current team. I wouldn't be surprised to see the team take Ethan Bowen out of the BCHL, who by all accounts is a great person."

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Alexis is the clear cut #1 right now with Lundell and Byfeild behind him.
I think by the end of the season Byfield will be the consensus number 1. His trajectory this past season while looking at his complete end game package is like nothing we have seen in a prospect since Lindros. His skating for his size is truly generational. The thing that got me when I watched him this year was his compete. He finishes all his checks and the back pressure he puts on is Hossa esque.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I think by the end of the season Byfield will be the consensus number 1. His trajectory this past season while looking at his complete end game package is like nothing we have seen in a prospect since Lindros. His skating for his size is truly generational. The thing that got me when I watched him this year was his compete. He finishes all his checks and the back pressure he puts on is Hossa esque.
I think Lafreniere will go #1 due to the hype and production, but I'm hoping the Sens at least get #2 if they suck as Byfield is truly a one of a kind prospect and fills more of a need for the team.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Is it possible for someone to clarify what picks we have in 2020 (and potential picks) and 2021 picks (and potential picks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad