NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
If Ottawa pick outside of 5. We have to take Askarov

The way this team is situated, there's almost no scenario where Dorion would do that, whether I agree or not.

We have 3 young goalies fighting for an NHL spot and not a lot of forward star potential outside of Batherson.

I'd be surprised if they didn't take a forward in the top 10.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
The way this team is situated, there's almost no scenario where Dorion would do that, whether I agree or not.

We have 3 young goalies fighting for an NHL spot and not a lot of forward star potential outside of Batherson.

I'd be surprised if they didn't take a forward in the top 10.
and Tkachuk, but yeah I 100% agree. Askarov might be in the same tier as the guys from 6-10 but they're all very close. In that case, you draft for need. If there's no clear BPA, we really need to take the high end forward.

At least one of the four goalie prospects gotta pan out right?

Though if SJ misses the playoffs, I'd be fine if we used some picks to upgrade their pick to get Askarov. I still think ideally we land a future 1C and T6 RW with the 1sts.

Reactions: Sen sational

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Lol what, this has to be a joke right?

I would die inside a little bit if we took a goalie with our next pick in the draft, whatever position it ends up being.
Why He is a generationelle goalie. After you can advanced in the draft in trading your 2rnd + St jose + one of your prospect goalie to pick a good forward.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I think Rossi is going to be huge for the 67's this year and really improve his draft status. Wouldn't mind him on the Sens.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lol what, this has to be a joke right?

I would die inside a little bit if we took a goalie with our next pick in the draft, whatever position it ends up being.

Seems folks are really raving about him after his gold medal performance. His thread int he prospects section has some really amazing highlights of the kid. Big kid, very calm and quiet in the net....one of those goalies where you just don't see the net behind him. Makes it look easy.

I can definitely see why some folks are seriously thinking of grabbing him in the top 5 or 10. But.....goalies are voodoo. Always going to be a risky pick. I wouldn't make that choice myself, but the kid does look legit.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I’m 90% certain that we’ll have the ammunition to trade up to #2 next season. I think that’s our strategy for getting a #1C, trade up in a deep year. Makes it easier to the team trading down.

Part of me has that blind optimism that Brady will lead this team to the promised land this year, or at the very least, out of the basement and out of lottery contention.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
So I was going back at draft histories to see how many first round goalies panned out (not many) when I came across the 2015 draft. That was the year Boston drafted 3 picks in a row. Zboril, DeBrusk, Senyshyn. The two guys after those three picks, Barzal and Connor. Could you imagine if Boston grabbed those two instead of Zboril and Senyshyn?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So I was going back at draft histories to see how many first round goalies panned out (not many) when I came across the 2015 draft. That was the year Boston drafted 3 picks in a row. Zboril, DeBrusk, Senyshyn. The two guys after those three picks, Barzal and Connor. Could you imagine if Boston grabbed those two instead of Zboril and Senyshyn?

And the third guy was Chabot. DeBrusk is a good player, but they could have drafted Barzal, Connor, Chabot...

DeBrusk and Senyshyn were reaches, DeBrusk was ranked in the late first, and Senyshyn the mid 2nd round. Zboril was picked around where he was ranked. There is still time for those guys to pan out, but it will be tough to even approach what could have been.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
This is still one of my favourite tweets

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
We have 3 picks that should be in the top 35 and 6 picks that should be in the top 65 next yr. And almost as many the next yr after that

If we trade Pageau/Tierney, Boedker, Anderson, DeMelo and Hainsey over the next 8 months, we should add at least 2 more in that range and a few more in the top 95

That combined with a probable top 5 pick could set us up incredibly well for the future. We could have the best prospect pool in the league in 2 yrs

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
We have 3 picks that should be in the top 35 and 6 picks that should be in the top 65 next yr. And almost as many the next yr after that

If we trade Pageau/Tierney, Boedker, Anderson, DeMelo and Hainsey over the next 8 months, we should add at least 2 more in that range and a few more in the top 95

That combined with a probable top 5 pick could set us up incredibly well for the future. We could have the best prospect pool in the league in 2 yrs
I'd actually say quite possibly 4 picks in the top 35. That CBJ 2nd will be very close to ours, plus our two 1sts.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I'd actually say quite possibly 4 picks in the top 35. That CBJ 2nd will be very close to ours, plus our two 1sts.
I think CBJ will be decent but they definitely could bottom out. lost a lot of talent but I think their depth will keep them out of the basement

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dawson Mercer checks about every single box for the Sens drafting M.O with regards to picks they have made a habit of making

High compete
Good 2 way, plays in all situations
High character, leader on and off ice
Decent skill in goal scoring and playmaking
From the East Coast
Out of the Q
Nearly guaranteed to be a 3rd/4th liner

Will not have the skill or upside of a lot of guys available where he is selected

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Dawson Mercer checks about every single box for the Sens drafting M.O with regards to picks they have made a habit of making

High compete
From the East Coast
Out of the Q

Will not have the skill or upside of a lot of guys available where he is selected

Future Considerations has him ranked at 23 currently. Where do you think he should be ranked based on what you have seen of him/know about him? Early, mid or late 2nd round? 3 rd round? Or later?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

High compete
From the East Coast
Out of the Q

Ouch lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad