NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Tag Bertuzzi OA1 was named the 2nd star of the game today with 2G and 2A.
His stats are now 50 GP 22 G 19 A 41 PTS

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
did some very intense scouting yesterday afternoon.

Quinn makes room for himself.

rossi passes the puck harder than most junior players shoot it.

fin.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Heres what we are projecting so far in the top 100 players of the draft.

Pick # 3 - Ottawa
Pick # 6 - San Jose
Pick # 34 - Ottawa
Pick #54 Columbus
Pick # 57 Dallas
Pick #67 Ottawa
Pick # 74 Winnipeg

Im fine with consolidating any variety of picks after the first two to land more 1sts, we already got a big quantity of NHL depth player prospects, need to get more top line/pairing into the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caesar Rex and DJB

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Pick # 3 - Ottawa
Pick # 6 - San Jose
Pick # 34 - Ottawa
Pick #54 Columbus
Pick # 57 Dallas
Pick #67 Ottawa
Pick # 74 Winnipeg

Im fine with consolidating any variety of picks after the first two to land more 1sts, we already got a big quantity of NHL depth player prospects, need to get more top line/pairing into the system.

That or go for the boom prospects with every pick.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

Pick # 3 - Ottawa
Pick # 6 - San Jose
Pick # 34 - Ottawa
Pick #54 Columbus
Pick # 57 Dallas
Pick #67 Ottawa
Pick # 74 Winnipeg

I'd definitely endorse packaging some picks to trade up. I'd also like to go for some boom or bust types but that's never been Dorion's M.O. he even said at the prospects game there are enough really good, safe prospects available in this draft that you don't need to take risks to get good players. Just for fun, some realistic possibilities based on Dorion's tendencies:

Pick # 3 - Ottawa - Lucas Raymond
Pick # 6 - San Jose - Anton Lundell
Pick # 34 - Ottawa - William Villeneuve
Pick #54 Columbus - Luke Evangelista
Pick # 57 Dallas - Ruben Rafkin
Pick #67 Ottawa - Simon Knak
Pick # 74 Winnipeg - Landon Slaggert

FightLikeMike

May 16, 2010
Do we know who from the BCHL or AJHL is committed to the University of North Dakota next season? My analytics crystal ball says this will be a good indication of where the sens first rounds and second round picks will land. :sarcasm:

Reactions: BarberPole9

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'd definitely endorse packaging some picks to trade up. I'd also like to go for some boom or bust types but that's never been Dorion's M.O. he even said at the prospects game there are enough really good, safe prospects available in this draft that you don't need to take risks to get good players. Just for fun, some realistic possibilities based on Dorion's tendencies:

Pick # 3 - Ottawa - Lucas Raymond
Pick # 6 - San Jose - Anton Lundell
Pick # 34 - Ottawa - William Villeneuve
Pick #54 Columbus - Luke Evangelista
Pick # 57 Dallas - Ruben Rafkin
Pick #67 Ottawa - Simon Knak
Pick # 74 Winnipeg - Landon Slaggert
it makes me sick to think about how important this draft is.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Do we know who from the BCHL or AJHL is committed to the University of North Dakota next season? My analytics crystal ball says this will be a good indication of where the sens first rounds and second round picks will land. :sarcasm:
who is the BCHL standout in this draft? by this time we have usually heard of him.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Pick # 3 - Ottawa
Pick # 6 - San Jose
Pick # 34 - Ottawa
Pick #54 Columbus
Pick # 57 Dallas
Pick #67 Ottawa
Pick # 74 Winnipeg

Right now, I see one of those happening not two - Dorion is liking this draft. Things can change if we get a couple more picks in the coming days.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
From the latest Athletic rankings. Give me Rossi any day of the week.

5. Marco Rossi — C, Ottawa 67’s, 5-foot-9
Rossi has reached video game levels in the OHL. He’s probably junior hockey’s most dominant three-zone player, frankly. And while he’s older than most in this class, the number of remaining doubts I have in the translation of his game sits at zero. Don’t listen to anyone who says he will have to switch to winger at the pro level, either. Rossi is a dominant defensive center who is so strong on his feet and low to the ice that I have literally seen him throw people over his shoulders. There have been times this season when Rossi was so good on faceoffs that teams have moved players to the wing because they can’t beat him. He’s got it all. He’s slick with the puck, he absorbs contact effortlessly and stick checks effortlessly. He can open up and go heel-to-heel to survey the offensive zone and he sees things that other players don’t. Though you have to consider the strength of team and age, I have little doubt as to whether Rossi would be terrorizing teams no matter where he played.
I recently asked Ottawa 67’s general manager James Boyd for his honest opinion on Rossi. He didn’t hold back.
“He’s a phenomenal player. Phenomenal. A few teams that have picked up on it. I’m biased but I think he’s the best player in our league. It’s not often you’ve got a player on your team who is the best offensive player, the best defensive player, the best guy on faceoffs, the best guy on the power play, the best guy on the penalty kill and probably your No. 1 shootout shooter,” Boyd said.
“And the thing is he doesn’t cheat, so as the game goes along, he takes over. The No. 1 thing for me is his skating — which was a concern for some people — is phenomenal. He’s just continued to improve. He is obsessed with getting better. Some guys are interested in getting better, he’s obsessed. If I told him to eat a pound of sunflower seeds every day because it would help him get to the NHL, he’d be right on it. It’s only going to continue. You hear this sort of stuff about Sidney Crosby or Shea Weber when they were juniors, it’s almost like a disorder, the striving to get better. I see the same thing in Marco, nothing’s going to stop him.”

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Lafeniere - Rossi - Duclair
Formenton - Brown - White
Balcers/ Abramov- Chlapik - C. Brown
Paul

Chabot - JBD
Wolanin - Braanstrom
Zeitsev - Jaros

Hogberg
Nillson

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
We're definitely drafting one of Mitchell Miller, Stephen Halliday or Ethan Bowen

Reactions: IamJust0ne

Bubba Pilks

Jun 21, 2019

Not from the BCHL or AJHL but I could definitely see them picking UND commit Tyler Kleven with one of their 2nd round picks. I've seen him ranked all over the place from late 1st to the 3rd round.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Would love the lottery to favour San Jose this year so we can draft Byfield for him to become our Jumbo Quin for the next 15 years

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Asked one of the writers for a scouting magazine which combinationn of two top ten picks he would take over Lafreniere. His answer was he would take byfield + any other top ten players OR Raymond+ lundell.

so basically his 2 + anything in top 10. Or his 3 and 4

That's the highest I've seen anyone have Lundell, though I haven't been really looking all that hard. He seems like a Sens style pick though. Would not be shocked to see us take him 5th or later, though I would be a bit surprised to see him go 4th.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's the highest I've seen anyone have Lundell, though I haven't been really looking all that hard. He seems like a Sens style pick though. Would not be shocked to see us take him 5th or later, though I would be a bit surprised to see him go 4th.
I dunno, those numbers and underlying numbers are preeeeeeettttyyyy nice .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad