Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 60th Overall Pick, Will Cuylle, LW

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I don't get the Ryan Gropp comparison at all. This guy is big in ways that Ryan Gropp is not. He also is physical and mean in ways that Ryan Gropp is not. This is a great pick IMO. The next best to him for me would have been Zayde Wisdom. Between the two I would have gone with Cuylle though.

Oh there's a Gropp comparison here alright. Maybe on a lesser scale. Maybe it's a Nick Ritchie versus Hinistroza or a Richie versus a lesser but faster version of Pageau, or a RH Matt Cullen. So it's not a Gropp and Barzal thing again but there is a similarity.

Koolee's scored a few off of JL Foudy feeds. Now I have JL Foudy as a grinder, and as more of a race horse on the perimeter. One the guys online had JL Foudy as a top tier playmaker, the main reason for that is Foudy's speed creates openings and Couley had a number of tap ins... I personally thought Foudy was more of an outside guy and not really a top tier playmaker. The guy sitting on the inside and in front of the net is Cooley.

So similar to how Gropp tapped in some hype off those Barzal feeds, Quols tapped a few in from Foudy. That said, Barzal attacked the net, Foudy skates around more but still uses his speed to create lanes and breakdowns. Not saying Foudy is Barzal, but just acknowledging the similarites. That being said, you have to go to those areas and win battles to get those types of goals.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Had the exact same thought. When he was like "it's easy" or whatever I was like...of course it is!

Just saw a video of this kid from his Junior team.... he literally talks about tuning out what people say... then you see a FB comment about Millennials, and that's replied to with a correction saying he's Gen Z. This is too hilarious. Gotta say... when you draft a kid... you're drafting the person and not just the hockey player... I get major league Ryan Clowe vibes from Koules... except Gen Z.

Reactions: egelband

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
the thing is, the Star Wars prequels were pretty much made for kids and not the adults who were fans of the original so I'd give him a pass on this one due to extreme age discrepancy.
As one of those kids who grew up with the prequels and remembers watching episode 3 in theaters, I hate those movies now lmao

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
the thing is, the Star Wars prequels were pretty much made for kids and not the adults who were fans of the original so I'd give him a pass on this one due to extreme age discrepancy.
Prequels:
—Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon sent to negotiate with separatists violating an intergalactic trade agreement
—Anakin slaughters sand people (the women and the children too)
—Anakin slaughters the god dang younglings

Return of the Jedi:
—The Empire is toppled by f***ing teddy bears

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just saw a video of this kid from his Junior team.... he literally talks about tuning out what people say... then you see a FB comment about Millennials, and that's replied to with a correction saying he's Gen Z. This is too hilarious. Gotta say... when you draft a kid... you're drafting the person and not just the hockey player... I get major league Ryan Clowe vibes from Koules... except Gen Z.

I hear what you're saying but definitely willing to cut an 18 y/o a good bit of slack on "professionalism" if you will if that's what you're getting at. A locker room needs some guys to lighten the mood as well.

Reactions: egelband

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I hear what you're saying but definitely willing to cut an 18 y/o a good bit of slack on "professionalism" if you will if that's what you're getting at. A locker room needs some guys to lighten the mood as well.

Oh no... not at all. There are teams who have trouble assimilating young stars. I don't encourage that to be the goal.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I am deep into my "we just drafted #1OA" feelings, but I am I the only one who feels like this guy could fill the Adam Graves role in our movement forward?

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Havent seen much on this guy, but from what ive read doesnt seem like a good skater. Is this true or overblown?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Millennials will be 60 and 90 year old boomers will still be calling 18 year olds millennials.

Reactions: Leetch3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad