Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 60th Overall Pick, Will Cuylle, LW

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I literally didn't know anything about this guy until just now, but I like the Rangers decisiveness in this draft. They see a player they like, they're not afraid to make the necessary moves. Same with the Schneider pick.
Lias wasn't going anywhere here - best of luck to him in LA.

the playoffs showed a lot of what was missing from the Rangers. Beyond the Rangers, the Dallas Stars proved how much different the playoffs are as our Rangers skated circles around them. Playoffs are different game.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I whiffed on this, how did we get pick #60?

BlushingRichHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
#7 overall traded for end of the 2nd round pick, if that's not a wakeup call for Lias....he wasn't gonna be here, that bridge was crossed but be interesting what he does with his career.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
I like the pick, if we are where we all think we are in upcoming seasons, be nice if a player like this is with us.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Seems like a chill kid. Liked the few clips i've seen posted, hope he works out for us.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Guy’s demeanor screams “asshole” and that is not a bad thing

Thats funny. I posted about the that very incident in the top prospects game in the draft section months ago. The other player Sebango who aswered the bell was drafted shortly after by the Wings. These two are well acquainted. Had a bit of a rivalry thing going on. Scrapped a few times.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Thats funny. I posted about the that very incident in the top prospects game in the draft section months ago. The other player Sebango who aswered the bell was drafted shortly after by the Wings. These two are well acquainted. Had a bit of a rivalry thing going on. Scrapped a few times.
Not just that, but when he scores goals too haha

Reactions: Lion Hound

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Or we could, ya know, draft a center....

BPA, my guy. BPA.

I targeted Zary, and while he's a better fit "on paper," Schneider falling was an opportunity for serious value.

If we acquire a 2C by any other means, then we will have Chytil, Henricksson, Howden, Edstrom, and even hypothetical Zary with much less opportunity.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Finally we are adding some Canadian players around here! The kid has size, grit and a near perfect shot delivery. I'd be hesitant to compare him to Wilson like some have, I'd be more inclined to compare his skillset to early Ryan Malone maybe. Not saying he will be Malone but he has those skills, he needs to figure out how to put it all together though.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
We got got him at pick 60 and traded a guy who didn't work out for him. You can say the same thing for anything you address in the draft. We have lots of skill, he is good value here and a player I'm really excited about.

I am not complaining about the individual pick, to be honest I haven't seen the kid play other than the youtube I just watched, he could be a great pick. I am a Rangers fan so I hope he becomes an all star.

It's the logic that I was questioning, the over reaction per se. There should be a process where the team isn't chasing speed one year, toughness another etc etc. I don't think that's too smart for a pretty smart front office.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I am not complaining about the individual pick, to be honest I haven't seen the kid play other than the youtube I just watched, he could be a great pick. I am a Rangers fan so I hope he becomes an all star.

It's the logic that I was questioning, the over reaction per se. There should be a process where the team isn't chasing speed one year, toughness another etc etc. I don't think that's too smart for a pretty smart front office.

Just sounds like he was the BPA on the board at that point. @Edge said the Rangers had him rated 30th overall in the draft. Could be a steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->