Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 60th Overall Pick, Will Cuylle, LW

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This kid can really shoot the puck. He scored a bunch of goals on the right side and seems like he’d be just fine playing that wing.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
how is this possible?

If u do. Just watch the original three. And for the love of god dont watch any of the sequels.
I've seen bits and pieces but never a whole movie. It was just never something that interested me.

I've always been put off by pop culture things where people absolutely lose their shit and camp in front of buildings for three months or whatever.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I've seen bits and pieces but never a whole movie. It was just never something that interested me.

I've always been put off by pop culture things where people absolutely lose their shit and camp in front of buildings for three months or whatever.

haha, i understand that. If u can get past that. The original movies are just really good in their own right. Even the prequels are pretty good. the three sequels should never have been made and are hours i cant get back from my life.

Reactions: nyr2k2

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Can't stress how much I love this pick.

I won't repeat what others have already posted --- it's accurate.

But this kid has some skill to go with the attitude, and I love that --- even if it never quite matches the original expectations for him in the OHL (more of a Matthew Tkachuk type).

If he puts it together, this is a kid you win with ---again, there's that concept. These are the unique, diverse and ESSENTIAL type of players you build a TEAM with.

There is an attitude taking shape in this draft that says, "I'll shoot the puck the past you and score. And if you try to do the same on my goalie, I'm gonna make you work your ass for it."

I love that.

As for what the Rangers see:

This was a kid they had 30th overall on their list. He was potential candidate if the Carolina pick fell a little further back. He was also a potential candidate if they landed a pick for Strome or Georgiev.

There's a lot of natural comparisons to Tom Wilson, but let's avoid setting that kind of expectation for a kid. When I talked to the Rangers, one of the things they said was, "We're looking for kids like Will Cuylle --- someone you look for at the trade deadline and have to a pay premium for."

They're looking for guys who can be an asshole, but also play an important role and get some serious minutes.

LOVE, LOVE the potential here.

That edge that they are looking for leads me to believe that they don't want to trade ADA... he is already in that mold.

Regardless, I love this report. Thanks!

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
the thing is, the Star Wars prequels were pretty much made for kids and not the adults who were fans of the original so I'd give him a pass on this one due to extreme age discrepancy.
Yes, for children. Long discussions about trade disputes and convoluted behind the scenes manipulations of two opposing sides, perfect for kids. It has the dressing and ornaments of children's movies, but that is about it. The kids elements were about selling toys. The themes were much bigger than kids. I like George's ideas, but he is not the best person to execute the actual vision. He needs people to tell him no at times.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I haven't either. I've been around when my wife has watched this one or that one on the TV but I've never paid much attention. I've never been interested in the Harry Potter shit or the Marvel comics movies either. My wife likes movies of all kinds though.

I'm still glad we drafted Cuylle.
Yeah, I mean I can throw in Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, etc. Just not much of a movie guy. I'm more into docudramas, straight documentaries, nonfiction stuff, etc. I also like the odd comedy or slasher flick. That's really it, though.

I’ve never watched one fully either, but, it seems like I’ve absorbed it culturally.
Yup, same. I think at least of the original ones (4-6 or whatever?) I think I have an idea of what happens. I've seen the cartoon shows doing spoofs of them. I also played video games as a kid and learned all the characters and stuff. The "new" ones I don't know anything about.

Reactions: jas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad