Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 19th Overall Pick, Braden Schneider, D

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm not sure, but I think he'd need to be on an NHL contract to be on the taxi squad. Vince also mentioned that Robertson might be on the taxi squad while he waits for the WHL season to start. If that happens, there won't be room for Schneider.
Yep, not actually on the taxi squad, but travelling and skating with them.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I’m not even that concerned about his point production. Adjusting to the size and speed of the nhl game is probably the bigger thing to me, and this ahl contract is perfect.
He’s a big strong kid, and so long as he can make the outlet, get the puck out of our zone, he’s likely gonna have plenty of offensive outlets to push it to considering our forward groups.
Fox and him anchoring our right side for the next 5-6 years with Miller and robertson or Lindgren would be a scary top 4 if we can afford them post elc.
Would be happy with Schneider turning into a Brett Pesce type.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Questions for our lawyers...Schneider played three full years in Brandon and one game in a fourth season. Is that one game enough to get him exempt from returning to junior?

For the purpose of this rule, a full year in the CHL is min 25 GP. I am sure they will pro-rate that number for the 2020-21 season

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
As someone who thinks Pesce is wildly overrated, I’m hoping for a lot more.
I think you will be hoping for a long time. Pesce is just a rock solid player. Always seems to be in position and making the right play.
He isn't looking to pummel guys at the blue line, but he is plenty physical. Not too sure you guys get much opportunity to watch him. I would take him all day, every day over Trouba.

Reactions: The Sweetness

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I've watched Pesce a lot and we will have to agree to disagree. Tentative with the puck, too many questionable decisions on defense and when I saw him paired with Slavin, he was very dependent on his partner. Failed my eye test. I don't know what Schneider will turn out to be but I'm expecting better and I hope for a lot better.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I've watched Pesce a lot and we will have to agree to disagree. Tentative with the puck, too many questionable decisions on defense and when I saw him paired with Slavin, he was very dependent on his partner. Failed my eye test. I don't know what Schneider will turn out to be but I'm expecting better and I hope for a lot better.
Pesce is partnered up with Brady Skjei this season. Let’s see how that goes.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Pesce is partnered up with Brady Skjei this season. Let’s see how that goes.
Skjei is getting a rep for being physical with the Canes. He's still seems prone to a brain fart, but so far, he's been fairly good with the Canes.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If Pesce failed your eye test, I suggest glasses. Yes, Slavin is the better player, but Pesce has been one of Rod's favorites and is rock solid.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Skjei is getting a rep for being physical with the Canes. He's still seems prone to a brain fart, but so far, he's been fairly good with the Canes.

Not surprising, they’re not asking him to be a #1 defenseman or play with Trouba.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
How many hockey teams did you ever run?
I don't really understand your point. I don't think there are too many GM's scouring HF boards.
But, I am a Ranger fan living in Cane's country. I'm also a Canes season ticket holder and have watched Pesce play hundreds of games. The guy is steady, reliable and smart.
He's the kind of D every coach would want on his team. He gives you everything, he doesn't try to be what he isn't and is really good at what it is he does.

Reactions: egelband

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
I don't really understand your point. I don't think there are too many GM's scouring HF boards.
But, I am a Ranger fan living in Cane's country. I'm also a Canes season ticket holder and have watched Pesce play hundreds of games. The guy is steady, reliable and smart.
He's the kind of D every coach would want on his team. He gives you everything, he doesn't try to be what he isn't and is really good at what it is he does.

You have to understand this is the Hockeys Future NY Ranger Board everyone wants the second coming of Brian Leetch or Booby Orr and even they would be run out of town after game 1 jitters.

Reactions: The S5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad