NFL: 2020 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can always trade to get Mike Davis back. When McCaffrey comes back I fully expect us to continue to run him into the ground despite Davis showing he's fully capable of 10-15 touches per game.
All of Seattle’s guys will return at some point in the near future from all reports. Penny tore his acl in like game 13 or 14 in LA last season in December. So he should be close now that we enter November this weekend as well.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Russell will find a way to be okay. He always does lol
Two depleted teams match up on Sunday.
Seattle at least has their best player healthy and they need him to play well.

have to win your home divisional games. The rematch with AZ is on Thursday night so any lingering ailments from the prior Sunday will put anyone’s status up in the air for that one.

for Seattle, I’d load the box and make Jimmy G beat me. Double Kittle and trust the corners to play Man.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Wonder if we’ll see the Bears release Javon Wims today after his little outburst yesterday. Pretty easily replaceable player.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Packers, Ravens, and Cardinals all reporting positive covid cases this morning. Packers play on Thursday

member 157595

To steal from someone else, Baker Mayfield seems stuck in this cycle:
10 Play like shit
20 Get criticized in the media
30 Adopt an underdog mentality
40 Play better
50 Fire back at the doubters
60 GOTO 10

goto.png

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It was wr Kendrick Bourne. Which means sf likely won't have more than 1 regular receiver to go along with their 5th string rb.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Niners have added Trent Williams, Aiyuk, and Deebo to the reserve covid list. The Niners #1 WR for tomorrow's game is Trent Taylor. He is also their #2, #3, and #4.

member 157595

They're 1 step away from giving Jerry Rice and Roger Craig a call.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pats miss a cb and they give them a bye. 49ers entire roster is out, make 'em play.

Eat shit, Goddell
Same treatment the Raiders got with their OL against TB. Their guys managed to play without practice but still.

with Covid nfl not pushing games around now it seems. Did it earlier in the year but now that they say that they have tightened up protocols if your guys contract it they will just sit out the game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Same treatment the Raiders got with their OL against TB. Their guys managed to play without practice but still.

with Covid nfl not pushing games around now it seems. Did it earlier in the year but now that they say that they have tightened up protocols if your guys contract it they will just sit out the game.
It's what I expected. Say all the right things about player safety and protocols before starting up, then deviate when it predictably hits the fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's what I expected. Say all the right things about player safety and protocols before starting up, then deviate when it predictably hits the fan.
They should have done the extra week of byes just in case. Only so much depth that they added to the practice squad.

My guess is that the Networks pushed back saying that we want the game played. if this was a Sunday game, they could push it. Seems like going forward no more of the TNF, SNF, MNF will get pushed. They took LV/TB off SNF to put SEA/AZ instead because they were concerned about the Raiders. Can't do that with TNF or MNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad