NFL: 2020 NFL season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'm pretty sure everyone who watches football is now saying "I told you so" in regards to dallas paying Elliot.

#1 in fumbles among RB's
#1 in drops among RB's
#1 in missed blocks among RB's and QB hits against

If I owned an NFL team That would be maybe the only mandate that I would require of my GM
Do not give big money to a running back.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm pretty sure everyone who watches football is now saying "I told you so" in regards to dallas paying Elliot.

#1 in fumbles among RB's
#1 in drops among RB's
#1 in missed blocks among RB's and QB hits against

If I owned an NFL team That would be maybe the only mandate that I would require of my GM
Do not give big money to a running back.
Their o-line is a big reason why he's been bad this year, they've been one of the worst units when they've typically been one of the top units. That's why you can get away with lesser/cheaper running backs. If they took the Zeke money to make sure the line had some quality depth, they'd be better off with Pollard starting. That's the crazy thing, with a good line and Dak healthy, Pollard would be more than good enough for them to still have a great offense.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Their o-line is a big reason why he's been bad this year, they've been one of the worst units when they've typically been one of the top units. That's why you can get away with lesser/cheaper running backs. If they took the Zeke money to make sure the line had some quality depth, they'd be better off with Pollard starting. That's the crazy thing, with a good line and Dak healthy, Pollard would be more than good enough for them to still have a great offense.
The bad offensive line certainly hurts Zeke's numbers, but he still has big holes in his game even when the line is fine. He's a terrible receiver, he's the most fumble prone RB in the game, and hid yards after contact number are surprisingly low.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jerry Jones is in full panic mode.

Interviewer should ask clear concise questions. Shouldn't need to ask it twice.

If you ask a question and Jerry proceeds to answer it, IMO, that is not on Jerry when you want to interrupt him to modify/clear up your original question.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Anyone know what Lynch is up to right now?

No Carson
No Penny
No Hyde
No Homer
DJ Dallas - in
Wow, that many RBs hurt. There are injuries where you get hit at multiple positions but rarely do you get that losing your top 4 At a position.

but SF is without their top RBs as well and their best WR in Samuel who is key to their running game.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
49ers have about 20 guys on IR, including their top-3 rb's.

Is Hyde out for sure? Everything I've seen says questionable.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
49ers have about 20 guys on IR, including their top-3 rb's.

Is Hyde out for sure? Everything I've seen says questionable.
Probably won’t last if it is a hamstring for a RB. No worries about Dallas running. It’s the pass protection that seattle has relied on Homer for.

SF is hurt too.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apparently Carson isn't ruled out yet. He was supposed to be out earlier in the year after that gator roll and he came back, dude is tough as nails.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Apparently Carson isn't ruled out yet. He was supposed to be out earlier in the year after that gator roll and he came back, dude is tough as nails.
He is also in a contract year with Seattle, so he also has to consider his long term financial future, especially being a 7th round pick and making little money on his rookie deal.

Someone is going to get activated off the practice roster. So, they will dress Dallas, Bellmore, a practice squad guy, and maybe one of the guys who is dinged up and limit their snaps. Might opt to dress a 4th TE and use the TE as a 3rd down back for pass protection and to be Wilson's check down option. Wilson can't be happy with his performances against Minny and AZ the last 2 games. Too many mistakes. His pick against Minny late could have cost them the game if Minny converts on 4th down. It did against AZ. If they punt from midfield to around the 10 with 50 seconds to go, not sure if AZ does anything more than take the tie and run out the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad