NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I hate the lack of orange layer on the numbers but those are huge upgrades. I don't understand why they move on the Superbowl jersey, it's one of the best jerseys like ever.

Go Bucs, can't wait to buy this

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bucs uniforms look pretty close to what they had before.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bucs uniforms look pretty close to what they had before.
They do.

I wish they chose a unique numbering font rather than the standard block style that half the league uses. But I like it over what they just had. Hard to read those ones.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cam is washed up and acting like a child throwing temper tantrum

Trade for Foles or Brissett if possible

Settle for Andy Dalton at cost of late round pick if needed

Mitch should be cut but Bears are gutless and likely will have him as #1 next season

Our GM is pathetic who's 1st round draft picks have been disasters with even Smith having issues this year to make people question that pick

Reactions: Voight

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Cam is washed up and acting like a child throwing temper tantrum

Trade for Foles or Brissett if possible

Settle for Andy Dalton at cost of late round pick if needed

Mitch should be cut but Bears are gutless and likely will have him as #1 next season

Our GM is pathetic who's 1st round draft picks have been disasters with even Smith having issues this year to make people question that pick

Cam is washed, only reason people still hold up hope for him are his supporters in the media and his 2015 MVP hype.

Cams been too injured for too long.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Newton is one of the most overrated QBs in recent memory.

He had a great peak, but teams quickly figured out how to slow him down and now he is an afterthought at 30 going on 31 years old. He'll probably latch on as a starter somewhere, but good on the Panthers for moving on before its too late.

73EepGP.gif

Nothing was the same.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Super Bowl 50 sent this franchise (Panthers) into a downward spiral. That game in Pittsburgh last season killed them. Newton hasn't won a game since.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There was a huge Panthers fan on this board who miraculously disappeared when the team began to stink.
Big changes with both D and O leaders gone. Defenses will load the box and make Teddy beat them not McCaffrey.

legitimately Carolina can be in the running for a top pick in 2021.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Big changes with both D and O leaders gone. Defenses will load the box and make Teddy beat them not McCaffrey.

legitimately Carolina can be in the running for a top pick in 2021.

You would have thought teams would have loaded up to stop McCaffrey last year when Karen Allen was under center, Teddy while not great is a clear upgrade there

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Who will be the starter in New England next year?

Belichick has the good will of the owner/fanbase to do whatever he wants. Personally I think they're going to tank for a year to try and land a top QB. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought in a Dalton or Brissett tho.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Belichick has the good will of the owner/fanbase to do whatever he wants. Personally I think they're going to tank for a year to try and land a top QB. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought in a Dalton or Brissett tho.
Doubt they tank. Bears with Trubisky still finished at 8-8 with a very good Defense. NE overall has a good Defense, so I don't see them winning 3/4 games. I think whoever is at QB they should get to a minimum of 6 wins, which would put them in the 7/8 range and later. Can't imagine BB's ego would allow him to throw this season away because the narrative would be that he can't win without TB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad