NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I always say knowing playbooks and demonstration of understanding systems will make you a lot of money.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I always say knowing playbooks and demonstration of understanding systems will make you a lot of money.
Quite the niche he's managed to carve out for himself.

5 career starts, some action coming off the bench for either injury or mop up work and pre-season games.

Likely the equivalent of a 2 year starter in terms of hits taken in his NFL career when he finally calls it a career. Should get to retirement in pretty good health with a boatload of money.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Quite the niche he's managed to carve out for himself.

5 career starts, some action coming off the bench for either injury or mop up work and pre-season games.

Likely the equivalent of a 2 year starter in terms of hits taken in his NFL career when he finally calls it a career. Should get to retirement in pretty good health with a boatload of money.
Work hard, be a good teammate, account well for yourself, make connections, etc. He even got a Super Bowl ring out of it too

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Work hard, be a good teammate, account well for yourself, make connections, etc. He even got a Super Bowl ring out of it too
He knew his role. Support the guy ahead of you on the depth chart. Work on making that guy better. Word will get around the NFL and you’ll get picked up when teams want basically another coach in the QB room to help the starter.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
I would think 2 1sts + a few more picks? I have a hard time seeing Belichick giving up that much, he hasn't gotten where he is giving up picks so freely

NFL picks are of high premium but is two high firsts + other assets going to do it? Texans are in a win-now mode, would those late firsts help with anything if they have to solve QB situation first anyway? Watson is quite proven and still on his rookie contract with the fifth-year option there. If O'Brien doesn't see eye-to-eye with Watson and he's the next player to go before the coach, I would have to think Houston could do better in a trade. Then again NFL trades still puzzle me, I don't know how that Hopkins trade is possible with only a year younger Diggs going for more a day later :huh:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
NFL picks are of high premium but is two high firsts + other assets going to do it? Texans are in a win-now mode, would those late firsts help with anything if they have to solve QB situation first anyway? Watson is quite proven and still on his rookie contract with the fifth-year option there. If O'Brien doesn't see eye-to-eye with Watson and he's the next player to go before the coach, I would have to think Houston could do better in a trade. Then again NFL trades still puzzle me, I don't know how that Hopkins trade is possible with only a year younger Diggs going for more a day later :huh:
It was just a bad trade made by a coach/GM on a power trip.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
It was just a bad trade made by a coach/GM on a power trip.

Yeah and the Bills overpaid for Diggs, both of those trades were off value wise

I have a hard time imagining BB investing lots of picks plus a huge contract that will be needed for Watson, for the most part its always been more about the program as a whole than star players

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah and the Bills overpaid for Diggs, both of those trades were off value wise

I have a hard time imagining BB investing lots of picks plus a huge contract that will be needed for Watson, for the most part its always been more about the program as a whole than star players
One of the best few QBs in history? He’s been about star players. If Watson can be the franchise QB Hoodie should spend for him and even with the depleted resources he can build well around him.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
One of the best few QBs in history? He’s been about star players. If Watson can be the franchise QB Hoodie should spend for him and even with the depleted resources he can build well around him.

Brady was a 6th rd pick, they fell into that one, with a handful of exceptions they have taken a lot of spare parts and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders and made them into players.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Watson trade doesnt make sense for Houston but lets say they want to trade him. What would the Patriots have to offer? Doesnt seem realistic.

I know a Watson trade doesnt make sense, but a Hopkins trade didnt make sense either. With that said BB would probably have to get him for pennies on the dollar if he was going to make the trade. Doesnt seem likely, but stranger things have happened. Watson might also want to play in NE and could force the Texans hand which could play a role in this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad