NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Charles Davis is moving to CBS, replacing Dan Fouts in their #2 spot.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Charles Davis is moving to CBS, replacing Dan Fouts in their #2 spot.
I guess Fox is opting for Chris Spielman as their #2 color guy after Aikman on Fox now. It used to go to Daryl Johnston, but the past 2 years he's joined the front office of both the AAFL and XFL.

Is CBS demoting Fouts down to #3 pairing or is Fouts now out at CBS?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess Fox is opting for Chris Spielman as their #2 color guy after Aikman on Fox now. It used to go to Daryl Johnston, but the past 2 years he's joined the front office of both the AAFL and XFL.

Is CBS demoting Fouts down to #3 pairing or is Fouts now out at CBS?
Fouts is out.

Fox was counting on Greg Olsen but he signed with the Seahawks.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Id take the over. That division is terrible so not sure it matters who they have slinging the rock. Probably a 9 or 10 win team.

if they were in a different division I’d be tempted to take the under.
Buffalo is gonna win that division. They were good last year and have had a great offseason so far.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I agree , im leaning towards the over at 9-7
No upgrades in weapons via free agency. 1st round pick should be a starter. If they are extremely luck, one of their thirds gets a lot of playing time, while other 2 get some sub package duties.

Unless Harry steps up huge next season, I don't see a much better passing attack than what they had with Brady, and it would be down graded in terms of chemistry with Edelman.

I'm thinking they go 8-8.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Trent Williams is the expensive veteran the Vikings should be trying to acquire. That's a move that would make a lot more sense than OBJ, which was BS anyways. I'd be surprised if Washington gets a 1st/2nd rd pick for him because of how badly they botched the situation so the price could be reasonable as well.

Who would trade for Fournette? He's not cheap for a RB and isn't all that good. Maybe there's a team that gives up a late pick but he seems like a cut candidate.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Should the Saints consider trading Kamara? As good as he is and with the deal McCaffrey just got, I don’t want us handing out a 10M$ per deal to a RB.

True, the Saints have a better shot at a SB with Kamara and Brees wants to win another one in the next 2 years but that’s just not an easy decision to take IMO.

member 157595

Should the Saints consider trading Kamara? As good as he is and with the deal McCaffrey just got, I don’t want us handing out a 10M$ per deal to a RB.

True, the Saints have a better shot at a SB with Kamara and Brees wants to win another one in the next 2 years but that’s just not an easy decision to take IMO.

I think you kind of answered it yourself, the Saints are going for it as long as Brees is still playing; after he retires they're likely not a SB contender anymore. It is always important to prepare for the future but the Saints are in win-now mode and everything else is secondary for them.

Reactions: Taylors lost step

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I think you kind of answered it yourself, the Saints are going for it as long as Brees is still playing; after he retires they're likely not a SB contender anymore. It is always important to prepare for the future but the Saints are in win-now mode and everything else is secondary for them.

If that’s the case, Loomis should be trading up to pick someone like K’Lavon Chaisson.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

You’re not getting a huge haul for a RB. Drake mid season got Miami a mid round pick for AZ. I think Philly sent a 4th for Ajayi. Kamari is better but I don’t see teams give up a 2nd rounder for him. Tops would be a third. NO has Brees for this season so might as well push all in and keep Kamara. Remember when Brees does call it a career, NO like NE should eat an 8 figure dead cap hit due to all of the restructuring Brees has done on his contracts over the years. Think it is like $22.6 mill if he retires after this season and $11.5 mill after 2021.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad