NFL: 2020 Hot Seat Thread

member 157595

Top three right now:

Adam Gase, Jets (+150)
Dan Quinn, Falcons (+200)
Matt Patricia, Lions (+600)

Gase should've been gone after last season. Even if they make a move now, it'll probably be tough to evaluate Darnold with an in season coaching change.

Adam Gase is so bad that he transcends the meaning of the word. He should never have gotten a job in the NFL again in the first place.

Quinn has to be fired ,, No way he can survive after today

No one blows leads like the Falcons.

Quinn has to be dead-man walking after today. And I'm sorry, there is absolutely no excuse for the Eagles not to beat the Bungles. As far as I am concerned, Peterson deserves to be placed on the hot seat.

Pederson is going to have a really long leash but failing to beat Cincinnati in a must-win game is not acceptable.

I know the Eagles are decimated by injuries but the Bengals were the league's worst team last year and other than Burrow they didn't add a whole lo of substance. The Bengals were a rebuilding team, everyone and their mother knew this. Philadelphia 1) was expected to be better than this; and 2) is NOT a city that is at all sympathetic to piss-poor efforts.

In a "what have you done for me lately" league like the NFL he's not going to be able to coast on that Lombardi for much longer.

Why is Quinn still the head coach as of today?
This mans time has passed.

Falcons ownership probably doesn't care.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Quinn is in any imminent danger of being fired, he'll get a few more weeks. Arthur Blank doesn't seem the type to embarass people on their way out.

If the Jets lose to the Broncos - with no QB and making the trip east on a Thursday (total dick move by the NFL) - he's gotta get fired. They are totally dead and I'm positive the rest of the players hate his guts. The only reason to keep him after that is pushing your chips to the middle on the tank and try to go 0-16.

member 157595

I don't think Quinn is in any imminent danger of being fired, he'll get a few more weeks. Arthur Blank doesn't seem the type to embarass people on their way out.

If the Jets lose to the Broncos - with no QB and making the trip east on a Thursday (total dick move by the NFL) - he's gotta get fired. They are totally dead and I'm positive the rest of the players hate his guts. The only reason to keep him after that is pushing your chips to the middle on the tank and try to go 0-16.

It never should have gotten to this point.

Gase ruins quarterbacks, and offenses as a whole, wherever he goes. He's extraordinarily arrogant and despised by players. He never admits fault. He never improvises. He doesn't permit his QB's to audible plays, because he's always right. He's not prepared, week in and week out. There's no way you can watch Sam Darnold right now and not see a mentally and physically destroyed player. He has regressed so, so badly and he doesn't deserve to have his career destroyed like this.

They are by far the worst team in the league right now. They're the only team that has not looked competitive at any point at all in the first three games.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Quinn should have been fired midseason last year, at the end of the year definitely. It makes no sense why the continue with him. After 28-3, they werent going to get closer than that with him (even Ryan in all realities).

Gase should have never been hired period. Though he should have been sacked after a year. He is just so toxic.

Patricia should be the next one to go too. They won yesterday, but they blow too many games. That has to come down to coaching.

These are the three that I think should be gone this year, Im sure there will be others. Maybe Lynn, if the Vikings are really bad Zimmer too. Doug for me gets another year no matter what happens.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
It never should have gotten to this point.

Gase ruins quarterbacks, and offenses as a whole, wherever he goes. He's extraordinarily arrogant and despised by players. He never admits fault. He never improvises. He doesn't permit his QB's to audible plays, because he's always right. He's not prepared, week in and week out. There's no way you can watch Sam Darnold right now and not see a mentally and physically destroyed player. He has regressed so, so badly and he doesn't deserve to have his career destroyed like this.

They are by far the worst team in the league right now. They're the only team that has not looked competitive at any point at all in the first three games.
But but but Peyton loves him!!!

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

But but but Peyton loves him!!!

Yup.

That's what gets me: Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning, he was his own damn coach. He's one of the greatest of all time and it's abundantly clear that he's forgotten more about football than Gase has ever known, he never needed Gase's "coaching" in the first place. He also hasn't alienated entire teams and ruined other players in extraordinarily short periods of time.

I'm not a Jets fan but it makes me mad when promising young players have their careers ruined. This is what is happening to Sam Darnold. The guy had legitimate promise and the Jets are turning him and his teammates into a mockery.

Reactions: YoSoyLalo

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Yup.

That's what gets me: Peyton Manning is Peyton Manning, he was his own damn coach. He's one of the greatest of all time and it's abundantly clear that he's forgotten more about football than Gase has ever known, he never needed Gase's "coaching" in the first place. He also hasn't alienated entire teams and ruined other players in extraordinarily short periods of time.

I'm not a Jets fan but it makes me mad when promising young players have their careers ruined. This is what is happening to Sam Darnold. The guy had legitimate promise and the Jets are turning him and his teammates into a mockery.
I get it & everything you said makes complete sense, but I go back to when the Dolphins were looking to hire him, Peyton swore up & down, left & right that this guy was the next great coach. How could he either have been so wrong, or purposely mis-lead Miami?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I get it & everything you said makes complete sense, but I go back to when the Dolphins were looking to hire him, Peyton swore up & down, left & right that this guy was the next great coach. How could he either have been so wrong, or purposely mis-lead Miami?
How’d Jim Caldwell’s career go without Peyton Manning?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
How’d Jim Caldwell’s career go without Peyton Manning?

Honestly? Not that bad.

36-30 record, 2 playoff births (should have been 3) with a less than stellar Lions team. His ceiling was pretty low but he was a relatively okay NFL coach, and doesn't even deserved to be compared to Gase.

Gase is basically Rich Kotite 2.0. A guy who had some success in his first stint (considering Kotite had the Eagles looking competent initially) and then outs himself as a total assclown with the Jets.

Cowherd said he's done if the Jets lose on thursday, but it's Cowherd so...

Edit: Here's a fun fact; during Kotite's abysmal 1996 season as Jets coached, The Jets lost 6 of the 15 games they lost by a TD or less. Compare that to gase, who currently has 30 of his 35 losses qualify as blowouts. I know the Dolphins weren't a world beater roster wise with him but he made that team noticably worse and now the Jets are probably worse off roster wise than they were during Kotite considering Parcells got that team back on track within a year

Last edited:

member 157595

Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps he had a good personal relationship with Gase and wanted to do his friend a solid? I mean, it's not like Peyton's legacy or bank account are unsecure or anything.

Also, a significant portion of Gase's weaknesses are due to his extreme arrogance and power-hungry behavior...maybe he's less toxic as a QB coach when he does not have the authority to control a football team outright?

Honestly? Not that bad.

36-30 record, 2 playoff births (should have been 3) with a less than stellar Lions team. His ceiling was pretty low but he was a relatively okay NFL coach, and doesn't even deserved to be compared to Gase.

Gase is basically Rich Kotite 2.0. A guy who had some success in his first stint (considering Kotite had the Eagles looking competent initially) and then outs himself as a total assclown with the Jets.

Edit: Here's a fun fact; during Kotite's abysmal 1996 season as Jets coached, The Jets lost 6 of the 15 games they lost by a TD or less. Compare that to gase, who currently has 30 of his 35 losses qualify as blowouts. I know the Dolphins weren't a world beater roster wise with him but he made that team noticably worse and now the Jets are probably worse off roster wise than they were during Kotite considering Parcells got that team back on track within a year

Adam Gase is so incredibly toxic that I feel like I need a Hazmat suit even to write about him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Honestly? Not that bad.

He had zero playoff wins, never beat a playoff team during the season, and hasn’t sniffed another job. It’s not nearly as bad as Gase, but in the NFL if you’re not first, you’re last.

member 157595

Jesus Christ I nearly just choked to death on seltzer and I didn't even know that was possible. Fearing another disruption to Sam Darnold's development?!?!?!?!? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Trevor, dude, stay in Clemson. Don't come play for that team.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
"We don't want to further ruin Darnold's development so we're going to keep the guy who further ruined Darnold's development."

f***ing big brain organization.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Matt Patricia, come on down!

some fun facts;

The lions 12 of last 13 games have been losses after leading at some point

The Lions have lost 5* straight in games they had a double digit lead in. NFL record btw (thanks for the correction)

Patricia is now 10-25-1 as a head coach. This guy took 3 damn years to pass Jim Caldwell's last win total as lions coach...in a single season

His current win % is somehow worse than Rod Marinelli...y'know, the same guy who went 0-16 one year

In his 25 losses as a head coach, Patrica had leads in 13 of those 25 games.

The Lions have the bye coming up. If they don't can him now they're aren't going to. Not to mention at 1-3 they're not out of it yet.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Matt Patricia, come on down!

some fun facts;

The lions 12 of last 13 games have been losses after leading at some point

The Lions have lost 5* straight in games they had a double digit lead in. NFL record btw (thanks for the correction)

Patricia is now 10-25-1 as a head coach. This guy took 3 damn years to pass Jim Caldwell's last win total as lions coach...in a single season

His current win % is somehow worse than Rod Marinelli...y'know, the same guy who went 0-16 one year

In his 25 losses as a head coach, Patrica had leads in 13 of those 25 games.

The Lions have the bye coming up. If they don't can him now they're aren't going to. Not to mention at 1-3 they're not out of it yet.

Caldwell had two straight 9-7 seasons before Patricia took over.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Like i said before, Caldwell wasn't a great coach in his own right (low ceiling, that team was doomed to be 9 or 10 game winners under him forever) but shit at least the Lions looked like something resembling a football team.

Caldwell is the only coach since Wayne Fontes (that's a throwback) to get something consistent out of that team and that's just...sad, man.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Caldwell had two straight 9-7 seasons before Patricia took over.

This dude acting like the Lions were rebuilding when he was hired lmao. 9-7 with a franchise quarterback in place. All Patricia has done is being in an small army of patriots rejects and stink the joint out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad