NFL: 2020 Hot Seat Thread

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Flores is absolutely not on the hot seat. The fact he had the Dolphins in a position to beat the Bills at all today is a miracle. Combine that with getting them to inexplicably win 5 games last year means he at the very least gets to coach the Dolphins until they actually have talent.

Matt Patrica should be canned by tomorrow. The Lions have another 10+ point lead and were in total control of that game early. Of course they somehow manage a grand total of 7 points for the rest of the game and get absolutely coldcocked by the Packers.

Dan Quinn should have been fired last season, but the Falcons played just well enough to give him a bit of leash. That onside kick debacle is another choke job by a team that has a greatest hits album worth of them. Why is he still here?

Darkhorse name; Mike Zimmer

Reactions: PanthersPens62

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Who is on the list for the next round of HCs to be hired? I know Bienemy will get hired this year for sure. Lincoln Riley. I don’t know anyone else though that seems like an obvious choice.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Who is on the list for the next round of HCs to be hired? I know Bienemy will get hired this year for sure. Lincoln Riley. I don’t know anyone else though that seems like an obvious choice.
Bienemy should have gotten hired for sure last year yet he’s still our OC.

Just insane tht some pats clown like Joe judge gets a job while an obviously excellent candidate from a legendary coaching tree keeps getting the shaft. It’s ALMOST unexplainable

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I could see whatever team that drafts Trevor, go after Dabo. don't think it'll work, but yeah.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
hot seat? he should have been out the door before this season ever started. heck they fired Caldwell who had a winning record. But Detroit will keep doing Detroit things.
He got a pass because they lost Stafford and they kept a lot of games close. Rightfully so. Another play here and there and they could've started 7-1 and we're not even talking about it.

But it is go time.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Top three right now:

Adam Gase, Jets (+150)
Dan Quinn, Falcons (+200)
Matt Patricia, Lions (+600)

Gase should've been gone after last season. Even if they make a move now, it'll probably be tough to evaluate Darnold with an in season coaching change.

Sep 19, 2008
Top three right now:

Adam Gase, Jets (+150)
Dan Quinn, Falcons (+200)
Matt Patricia, Lions (+600)

Gase should've been gone after last season. Even if they make a move now, it'll probably be tough to evaluate Darnold with an in season coaching change.
Is Zimmer on hot seat.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Is Zimmer on hot seat.

He just signed a three-year extension a few weeks ago so probably not. I think it's very possible they start 0-5 or 0-6 so I guess anything is possible at that point but I'd still say it's unlikely he loses his job this season. I don't really know what he's supposed to do with the defense when Hunter and Barr are on IR and the CBs have no experience.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I could see Zimmer being on the hot seat if things continue to get worse. Team might just feel a change is needed.

I think Doug Pedersen might enter the conversation too. Obviously some aspects are out of his control like half the team ended up on IR again, but his gameplanning and decision making have degenerated significantly.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Quinn has to be dead-man walking after today. And I'm sorry, there is absolutely no excuse for the Eagles not to beat the Bungles. As far as I am concerned, Peterson deserves to be placed on the hot seat.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Quinn should get the ax via text or smoke signals ,the least personal way possible. Like packing his things and leaving them outside the front door like a scorned ex. Not because i think he's a bad person but just how badly hes handed out wins to other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->