NFL: 2020 Free Agency Rumors, Speculation, and Minor Signings Thread

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'd take that rumor with a grain of salt for now. The Vikings to need make cap room first and some of the beat reports think it's unlikely.

While a 2nd and 5th is great value for Beckham, I'm not sure I'd trade Diggs for being a diva/complaining and then turn around and trade for Beckham who is a much much amped of version of that. Diggs just has a strong personality. Beckham is an actual diva WR and cry baby.

In this deep WR class and 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, I'd just draft a couple, but Speilman may be gun shy about taking a WR high after how Patterson and Treadwell turned out, which is why he probably called about Beckham (and I'm sure some other vets).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Never give a RB a massive second contract.

RBs get so screwed.

But there’s no change to the CBA the players just agreed to. Still the same draft rules of 4 year rookie contracts, 5th year options, franchise tags.

let a RB hit the market after 3 seasons then they still have 3 really good years left to give you which would cover the years of guaranteed money so that cutting them after that should only cost the prorated remainder of the unapplied signing bonus.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is an unfathomably dumb thing to have a problem with, when every year they have multiple cameras at multiple locations making announcements of picks on the third day. Of course, those are all for show. But at any rate, I don't know why we can't just have some admin at a desk taking the call and handing the card to Goodell to announce.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Did Jadaveon Clowney forget that he's a free agent or something?

What in the world is going on with him?
He's not getting the offers he wants.

NFL teams, likely see the micro-fracture injury as a reason to not give him 3 years worth of fully guaranteed money. Clowney feels he is elite (when he's on, he is, but has injury stretches, thus not as noticeable.) So, he wants those guaranteed years with a SB calibre team.

He's not starving for money as the #1 pick, with 5th year and franchise tag salaries. Probably has made over $50 million in his career so far.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

These guys really are complete dinosaurs with technology, lol.

It’s probably smart actually, it’s clear that very few people trust this process so they’re looking at ways to keep braintrusts together. John Harbaugh’s director of scouting I think supposedly lives on the other side of his backyard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad