OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Well Darnold is officially ruined. Hopefully this game is enough to get Gase fired. But it won’t fix this team. 0-16 is a strong possibility.

Reactions: nyr2k2

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Rumor from unnamed source:

Dave Gettleman is looking to trade Williams back to the Jets for a 7th Rounder

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's a short week, tough to have a new HC or interim guy do anything between now and Thursday. Just let Gase coach Thursday and then fire him at 0-4. Let whoever takes over have a couple extra days.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It's a short week, tough to have a new HC or interim guy do anything between now and Thursday. Just let Gase coach Thursday and then fire him at 0-4. Let whoever takes over have a couple extra days.

Mort said it was a big week for Gase, today and Thursday, he cited sources, but who knows?

It honestly shouldn't be Greg Williams though, he's just as bad.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Daniel Jones will be fine if he has a competent line in front of him. It's no coincidence the guy made plays only when he moved the ball himself. He's had no time to throw the ball and no talent besides Slayton out wide. Tate is cooked. Who else after that?

Barkley was a terrible pick the moment it was made. Drafting overall in the past decade has to be worst in the NFL. Thomas is meh, but you have to get a game breaker there. Offensive linemen in the top 5 should only be taken if they're going to be elite. I don't see it with Thomas. Simmons should have been the pick there.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Hawks vs Cowboys (smh)

back and forth and back and forth, etc.

A league built for the fantasy fan and those gambling non-stop?

This isn’t good football.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Daniel Jones will be fine if he has a competent line in front of him. It's no coincidence the guy made plays only when he moved the ball himself. He's had no time to throw the ball and no talent besides Slayton out wide. Tate is cooked. Who else after that?

Barkley was a terrible pick the moment it was made. Drafting overall in the past decade has to be worst in the NFL. Thomas is meh, but you have to get a game breaker there. Offensive linemen in the top 5 should only be taken if they're going to be elite. I don't see it with Thomas. Simmons should have been the pick there.

since Burress went down in 2008 the Giants have had issues running the football. In 2011 Jacobs mentioned running the football “has been a problem for a while around here”. Flash forward to 2020 and the team still has not built a competent OL.

A free agent mercenary spending spree in 2016 resulted in a playoff team yet those dollars were available b/c no draft choices warranted second contracts.

The Giants have drafted horribly for a decade. They have made atrocious decisions beginning with a stadium and continuing today.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
you lit me up like 3 days ago for this lol

Things change. They showed a little bit of promise. I still don't see 0-16, maybe 1-15 or 2-14. 0-16 has happened twice in history and there have been a lot of awful teams. We play in a shitty division too. Though we play two difficult divisions.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Let's also be honest, here. The 2018 draft is going to hurt this team for half a decade or more. Barkley was largely figured out after his rookie year. Dude hates contact (HATESSSS contact). If you attack the line and show any form of heavy pressure on him, he folds and cannot find any open holes.

You then have Will Hernandez who I loved who has completely fallen apart as a player. Then you have two decent depth guys in Carter and Hill and more crap. That draft should've set this team up for the future. Instead, you have a high priced, injury-prone RB who is fearful of any form of contact and a guard who looks like a complete bust.

We could've traded down for Josh Allen and Nick Chubb. Or Quinton Nelson and Nick Chubb. Or any combination of good players.

i gotta say I’ve really soured on Saquon. He’s baby soft. Hates to pass block hates to be to make contact. Just wants to dance and jump. He hasn’t hit a hole hard outside of Maybe his bedroom. The injuries just make it way worse

jones is not the guy. Doesn’t have that ice in his veins that Eli had to go win a game. Doesn’t have the iq of what to do. Can’t trust him not to turn the ball over. This guy is not going to win you anything.

You don’t have a deep threat. You don’t have a young corner because you blew the baker pick. You don’t have an elite pass rusher. You don’t have a center. And the only thing will Hernandez does is act like a tough guy then spends every Sunday on his heels. Sick of him.

Engram is talent but not a TE.

I mean the list is never ending. You’re not even close.

cut your losses start over.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And imagine you get a steal at LB In. Ryan Connolly. Haven’t drafted a real LB in years you get a steal. He gets hurt and instead of giving him a minute to heal you waive him so you can keep devonte Downs?? tae crowder??? It’s laughable

Reactions: ponzu4u
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad