OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
FYI: Mahomes on the Jet with same coaching staff and weaponry and O-Line that Sam has wouldn't be all that much better than Darnold. He'd be better but nothing crazy.

The #4 WR on the Chiefs Hartman would be by far the #1 WR on the Jets....enough said!

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
FYI: Mahomes on the Jet with same coaching staff and weaponry and O-Line that Sam has wouldn't be all that much better than Darnold. He'd be better but nothing crazy.

The #4 WR on the Chiefs Hartman would be by far the #1 WR on the Jets....enough said!
Mahomes has more talent in one cell than Darnold has in his whole body.

He’d probably be very good in this system but Mahomes is a mutant. He flat out isn’t comparable to Darnold or really anyone aside from maybe prime Aaron Rodgers

Marino has his physical traits but he wasn’t the Messier esque leader that Pat is. Same w Rodgers really.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

He’d probably be very good in this system but Mahomes is a mutant. He flat out isn’t comparable to Darnold or really anyone aside from maybe prime Aaron Rodgers

Marino has his physical traits but he wasn’t the Messier esque leader that Pat is. Same w Rodgers really.

Dude as good as Mahomes is, put him on the Jets and he's not "Mahomes"....period end of story!

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Dude as good as Mahomes is, put him on the Jets and he's not "Mahomes"....period end of story!
Mahomes would be Mahomes no matter what. Dude was absolutely dominant on a shit team in Texas Tech. Landing with Reid put him into the stratosphere, but even the JETS couldn’t f*** up Mahomes. He is absolutely that good.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Best player in football right now. He’s f***ing amazing.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Mahomes would be Mahomes no matter what. Dude was absolutely dominant on a shit team in Texas Tech. Landing with Reid put him into the stratosphere, but even the JETS couldn’t f*** up Mahomes. He is absolutely that good.

Your 1000% wrong. Put him on the Jets and he absolutely would have gotten F'd up and he absolutaly wouldn't have dominated. Are you being serious? Gase would have screwed him up like he has everyone else he's laid hands on

And I'm pretty darn sure Mahomes had Kliff Kingsbury as his QB whisperer. Sure Tech couldn't play a lick of defense but who does in that conference. But who gives a shit when your scoring 50 points a game. So don't even go there with the Tech sucked stuff.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Your 1000% wrong. Put him on the Jets and he absolutely would have gotten F'd up and he absolutaly wouldn't have dominated. Are you being serious? Gase would have screwed him up like he has everyone else he's laid hands on

And I'm pretty darn sure Mahomes had Kliff Kingsbury as his QB whisperer. Sure Tech couldn't play a lick of defense but who does in that conference. But who gives a shit when your scoring 50 points a game. So don't even go there with the Tech sucked stuff.
Kingsbury is the “QB whisperer” because he was lucky enough to coach Patrick Mahomes. Not the other way around.

Guess this is what it felt like for Pats fans having people try to discredit Brady for 20 years lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Kingsbury is the “QB whisperer” because he was lucky enough to coach Patrick Mahomes. Not the other way around.

Guess this is what it felt like for Pats fans having people try to discredit Brady for 20 years lol

Dude I'm not discrediting him at all. I love Mahomes....he's the best player in the league.

That said put Mahomes on the Jets he aint the best player in the league not even close! He's still good but if he was lucky enough to not get killed due to the Jets O-Line, the weapons he would have on the Jets...Berrios,Malone, Hogan, Herndon and Gore or Tyreek,Watkins, Kelce,Hartman and Helaire.

Oh and as bonus...you get Gase whispering in your ear instead of Reid.

Hmmmm....not sure which one I'd take as it's a toughie.

Put Brady on the Jets and he isn't "Brady". I mean seriously, how does that not compute?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Change the rules back to when the NFL played defense and teams hit all week. Bobby Herbert would be a star in this back yard league.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Change the rules back to when the NFL played defense and teams hit all week. Bobby Herbert would be a star in this back yard league.
Lmfao your “nfl is garbage now” rhetoric so stupid. Mahomes is a transcendent talent in any era. He’s Jordan. He’s Gretzky. And I’ll let history show I’m right on that, I’m fairly confident I’ll be proven correct.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Lmfao your “nfl is garbage now” rhetoric so stupid. Mahomes is a transcendent talent in any era. He’s Jordan. He’s Gretzky. And I’ll let history show I’m right on that, I’m fairly confident I’ll be proven correct.

the NFL is awful. This is a fantasy, gamblers league with no defense. It’s actually pathetic.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
You’ll be changing your tune when the Jets manage to screw up Trevor Lawrence . Every QB is a system QB at the end of the day.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm so glad the Chiefs showed the Ravens what's what. I can't stand the Lamar Jackson type QB. Mobile and scrambling QBs are great, I hate running backs as QBs. Sure Jackson can pass too but I feel like that's a product of the system and his running threat opening things up. I just don't like it. It's like I'm watching a different game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

There are a lot of examples league wide of dominant college QBs on shitty teams not doing shit in the NFL. I believe Geno Smith was one example. Mahomes is not a system QB but he damn well wouldn't be what he is now if he didn't have arguably the greatest offensive coach in the NFL grooming him. I love Mahomes but to minimize Reid is silly.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
There are a lot of examples league wide of dominant college QBs on shitty teams not doing shit in the NFL. I believe Geno Smith was one example. Mahomes is not a system QB but he damn well wouldn't be what he is now if he didn't have arguably the greatest offensive coach in the NFL grooming him. I love Mahomes but to minimize Reid is silly.
I’m not even close to minimizing Reid. He’s amazing, he’s one of the best coaches to ever live, but Mahomes would be The best QB in the NFL on every team in the league and no is changing my mind on that so save your typing my friend.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I'm so glad the Chiefs showed the Ravens what's what. I can't stand the Lamar Jackson type QB. Mobile and scrambling QBs are great, I hate running backs as QBs. Sure Jackson can pass too but I feel like that's a product of the system and his running threat opening things up. I just don't like it. It's like I'm watching a different game.
Jackson can’t pass, though. He’s inaccurate, his timing isn’t great, he has below average touch, and he doesn’t have the arm strength to hit outs or comebacks.

even His throws to wide open guys are sketchy.

hes Mitch Trubisky with a 4.2 and a great OC.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Jackson can’t pass, though. He’s inaccurate, his timing isn’t great, he has below average touch, and he doesn’t have the arm strength to hit outs or comebacks.

even His throws to wide open guys are sketchy.

hes Mitch Trubisky with a 4.2 and a great OC.

He's the definition of a system QB, with any other OC he'd be a forgettable player. People now seem to think that because of this one outlier he's the QB of the future. Until he learns how to be a real QB he won't win shit. I really don't like his game. He's Vick with a better OC.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
He's the definition of a system QB, with any other OC he'd be a forgettable player. People now seem to think that because of this one outlier he's the QB of the future. Until he learns how to be a real QB he won't win shit. I really don't like his game. He's Vick with a better OC.
Vick was more accurate and had a stronger arm overall IMO. Prime Vick would be f***ing INSANE in this system. Just said the same thing on r/chiefs lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I’m not even close to minimizing Reid. He’s amazing, he’s one of the best coaches to ever live, but Mahomes would be The best QB in the NFL on every team in the league and no is changing my mind on that so save your typing my friend.

It doesn't matter how perfect your throws are if no one's there to catch them.

Reactions: Maximus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad