OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Then you have a sterling Shepard. A piece of glass. Nice kid. Average slot guy can’t stay healthy and you know it so you get the same guy in Golden Tate couldn’t run away from his wife at this point let alone an nfl corner.

you’ve got one receiver basically. One. And a fake TE that you need to move to WR if anything in Engram who somehow when he’s not hurt finds ways to be involved in more drops and turnovers than anyone in the league not named Daniel Jones

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Then you have a sterling Shepard. A piece of glass. Nice kid. Average slot guy can’t stay healthy and you know it so you get the same guy in Golden Tate couldn’t run away from his wife at this point let alone an nfl corner.

you’ve got one receiver basically. One. And a fake TE that you need to move to WR if anything in Engram who somehow when he’s not hurt finds ways to be involved in more drops and turnovers than anyone in the league not named Daniel Jones

$21 million in guaranteed money along with a $40 plus million dollar contract for a WR which has proven nothing.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
And imagine you get a steal at LB In. Ryan Connolly. Haven’t drafted a real LB in years you get a steal. He gets hurt and instead of giving him a minute to heal you waive him so you can keep devonte Downs?? tae crowder??? It’s laughable

He's literally played one snap for the Vikings. I don't think waiving him was that big of a deal.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is who the Jets have that should actually be starting games in the NFL right now:

Jamison Crowder, slot WR
Mekhi Becton, LT
Conor McGovern, C
Marcus Maye, S

Maybe McDougald? I mean literally, they have like mid-single-digit legitimate starters. Q Williams, Mims, A Davis, Austin, the punter, maybe they become legitimate starting-caliber guys in time. Everyone else is a backup or rotational. That includes Darnold who has regressed, not necessarily through any fault of his own.

It's really pathetic what we have here. Of course Gase and the coaches will be gone, but Douglas (who I like) needs to seriously add some major talent to this roster in the next season or two. I can live with a rebuild (not that what was built before was good) but there do need to be some signs of progress.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He's literally played one snap for the Vikings. I don't think waiving him was that big of a deal.

I don’t care if he has taken any snaps. He’s coming off an acl tear. You let him heal when you have absolute trash otherwise at the position instead you lose him for nothing to protect two absolute liabilities on the field

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
How do Gase and Quinn survive after this week? Quinn in particular.
The short week will save Gase's job, but when they lose on Thursday on the national stage, I see no way that he can keep his job. Gase is f***ing terrible. The sooner he leaves, the better the chances that Darnold can be spared from being totally ruined.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Giants one game out of first place! Woo Hoo!

3C7537E0-10B2-4F14-B212-DE1769B4775C.jpeg

pretty impressive for a winless team only three games away from playing .500 ball.

Go Big Blue (Gettleman has to go and John Mara needs to humble himself by stepping out of the way)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Gase has to be gone Friday no matter what right? You can't say he's going to save his job by beating Jeff Driskol and Denver on a short week with them traveling cross country. It's just not possible to say that a win there keeps him around.

As for the talent on the team, this is what Idzik and MacCagnan left this team with. No hits in the draft. Just nothing. No weapons, no lineman, and ONE defensive player in Maye. In 4 years they can hang their heads on one dude that became something.

Just pissing away their draft picks too. Douglass is going to need to find multiple starters from this draft and this one coming up. Can't do it all in free agency. There is a reason he wanted a 6 year deal. This roster needed a complete revamping, from 1 through 53. Hopefully the progress on getting a real coach starts on Friday.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Gase has to be gone Friday no matter what right? You can't say he's going to save his job by beating Jeff Driskol and Denver on a short week with them traveling cross country. It's just not possible to say that a win there keeps him around.

As for the talent on the team, this is what Idzik and MacCagnan left this team with. No hits in the draft. Just nothing. No weapons, no lineman, and ONE defensive player in Maye. In 4 years they can hang their heads on one dude that became something.

Just pissing away their draft picks too. Douglass is going to need to find multiple starters from this draft and this one coming up. Can't do it all in free agency. There is a reason he wanted a 6 year deal. This roster needed a complete revamping, from 1 through 53. Hopefully the progress on getting a real coach starts on Friday.

It's pretty funny how injury prone his class this year has already been.

Becton-hurt
Mims-hurt
Davis-hurt
Zuniga-hurt
Perine-missed game hurt, back now
Morgan-useless
Clark-hurt
Hall-hurt
Mann-punter, not hurt, yet...

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

I hate too say it and I'll repeat what I've been saying from the beginning....Gase is going nowhere till most likely at end of season.

No one mentions this except apparently me but Douglass got his job due to Gase. Douglass is also making 6 mill per due to Gase's recommendation as well. NO chance Douglass recommends to the Johnson's to lets Gase go until after the season.

I know I said last week that maybe just maybe if we are 1-9 by the bye, Douglass would get make a move than. Now tho due to how horrible we are, I don't see Douglass even doing it than no matte how shitty the Jets are seeing a coaching change wouldn't even matter.

Now this could be a good thing if we want the first pick overall if Gase stays so it might not be a bad idea if we cross our fingers and he does stay till this nightmare of a season is over.

Oh and one more thing to point out which I hate too bring up but what guarantee is there that if we get the #1 overall pick, that Lawrence decides to come out early and enter the draft?. Maybe he pulls a Peyton ala 1997 and due too it being the Jets and him not wanting to join this abominable organization, he decides to stay in school and comes out a year later instead leaving the Jets holding their cajones.

Once again Jets can get F'd even if we do the tank right because it would be just another typical Jet like thing to happen for Lawrence to decide to not come out early....just sayin!

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I hate too say it and I'll repeat what I've been saying from the beginning....Gase is going nowhere till most likely at end of season.

No one mentions this except apparently me but Douglass got his job due to Gase. Douglass is also making 6 mill per due to Gase's recommendation as well. NO chance Douglass recommends to the Johnson's to lets Gase go until after the season.

I know I said last week that maybe just maybe if we are 1-9 by the bye, Douglass would get make a move than. Now tho due to how horrible we are, I don't see Douglass even doing it than no matte how shitty the Jets are seeing a coaching change wouldn't even matter.

Now this could be a good thing if we want the first pick overall if Gase stays so it might not be a bad idea if we cross our fingers and he does stay till this nightmare of a season is over.

Oh and one more thing to point out which I hate too bring up but what guarantee is there that if we get the #1 overall pick, that Lawrence decides to come out early and enter the draft?. Maybe he pulls a Peyton ala 1997 and due too it being the Jets and him not wanting to join this abominable organization, he decides to stay in school and comes out a year later instead leaving the Jets holding their cajones.

Once again Jets can get F'd even if we do the tank right because it would be just another typical Jet like thing to happen for Lawrence to decide to not come out early....just sayin!
It's not like Joe Douglas was unemployed before coming too the Jets. And besides, on the dysfunctional Jets the coach didn't report to the GM.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It's not like Joe Douglas was unemployed before coming too the Jets. And besides, on the dysfunctional Jets the coach didn't report to the GM.

He may not have been unemployed but Douglass certainly was not making $6 million per in his last gig in Philly. I'd bet he wasn't even making a mill per. Like it or not JD owes his position to Gase and he's not going to pull the plug on him. And despite the dysfunctional way Jets do things when it comes to decision making, there is not a doubt that due to the Johnson's knowing absolutely shit about football, they'll rely on Douglass on this.

Oh and last I checked the Johnson's think Gase is a genius as of just two weeks ago....lol

Gase is going nowhere like it or not till end of the season as it's just the way the Jets roll as they never fire coaches in season....ever! Douglass simply is not going to go that route with the guy who helped him get his gig!

It's called loyalty no matter how you slice and dice it or whether we like it or not. After the season is a different story but in season...I'd say Gase has a 98% chance of finishing out the year.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Giants have won 12 of their last 52 games

.230 winning %

but they played well lol

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
One of the very few times KC will ever be underdogs. You know they had this game circled. I actually love the Chiefs tonight.
I had the same thought lol. Doubt we’re gonna see that again this season (I hope lol).

Anyway the anxiety has kicked in :laugh: it’s only week 3 and this game will probably determine the 1 seed.

Reactions: Maximus

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Giants scapegoat Ben McAdoo wanted to trade up for Mahomes. Happy the Giants didn’t do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad