OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think we should be patient with Judge.

The roster is comically bad and Jones is exactly what we thought he was.

Jones is not who we thought he was. He has regressed into oblivion. This was by far the worst game of his career and last game wasn't much better other than one drive. Last year there was some positive in most games. He even had the first TD pass against the Pats defense.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Jones is not who we thought he was. He has regressed into oblivion. This was by far the worst game of his career and last game wasn't much better other than one drive. Last year there was some positive in most games. He even had the first TD pass against the Pats defense.
I recall a bunch of people saying he was a terrible pick and we were told the Giants know better.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

I can't really agree with any of that. Who does he even have on the team at this point? Gettleman stripped the team of any and all playmakers since he wanted a "culture change". I guess that "culture change" means gutting the team of skilled players in that man's world.

I am not overly impressed with Jones and I am all for taking Lawrence if we can. But I really feel awful for the kid since we've surrounded him with trash.

But, then again, I was all-in on Josh Allen and I at least feel vindicated at this point.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Let's also be honest, here. The 2018 draft is going to hurt this team for half a decade or more. Barkley was largely figured out after his rookie year. Dude hates contact (HATESSSS contact). If you attack the line and show any form of heavy pressure on him, he folds and cannot find any open holes.

You then have Will Hernandez who I loved who has completely fallen apart as a player. Then you have two decent depth guys in Carter and Hill and more crap. That draft should've set this team up for the future. Instead, you have a high priced, injury-prone RB who is fearful of any form of contact and a guard who looks like a complete bust.

We could've traded down for Josh Allen and Nick Chubb. Or Quinton Nelson and Nick Chubb. Or any combination of good players.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The worst part about the Giants is I just don’t trust John Mara. He’s lost.

“The Giants way” left the building when Coughlin left.

the Giants way led by John Mara neutered Coughlin too. Coughlin wanted linemen while this front office bs voting system opted for skill over brawn.

Reactions: LionsHeart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad