OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Dang....the Broncos I knew had a bunch of injuries but not that many to such key guys. Well I tell ya what, your boys still have an excellent shot to beat my boys as I'll bet when we play one another in a few weeks even with a backup QB, the Broncos will be favored not by alot but I could see Denver favored by 2-3 points.

So long as you have Noah Fant vertical, Broncos are a threat to score at anytime. That guy is great. Wish I would have drafted him for my fantasy team dammit..

haha not sure at this point it would be a game either teams wants to win. Both teams need another good pick in this draft. Yeah Fant was getting doubted mostly because he was basically traded for Devin Bush (who is a beast). It seems like he is a legit threat and it is nice to have a threat at TE. Trade worked out for both teams.

Reactions: Maximus

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
And what happens if Lawrence isn't the GOAT and the Giants are the same team with a slightly better QB. What if Lawrence is another Andrew Luck. The smart move is trading the #1 overall for something in between the RG3 haul and the Herschel Walker haul. It would take that to get him if the online hype is accurate. Then you still have a very good QB but you can build a dominant team around him.

This talk is pointless anyway because the Giants will not get the 1st overall pick.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Dang!. He basically shredded his knee. With medical advances tho, he'll likely come back good as new tho it's likely not going to be like what Adrian Peterson did who if you remember shredded his knee and came back in less than a year and led the league in rushing.

With Barkley tho you never know. He looks like a guy who will be a workout warrior and will want to prove all his doubters wrong.

Maybe he can learn to pass block in his down time.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I think you have to take Lawrence if you have the chance, but I do like Darnold a lot. It’s too bad the Jets never gave him a shot and wasted away his rookie deal.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
And what happens if Lawrence isn't the GOAT and the Giants are the same team with a slightly better QB. What if Lawrence is another Andrew Luck. The smart move is trading the #1 overall for something in between the RG3 haul and the Herschel Walker haul. It would take that to get him if the online hype is accurate. Then you still have a very good QB but you can build a dominant team around him.

This talk is pointless anyway because the Giants will not get the 1st overall pick.

if the Giants are in position to draft Lawrence then Jones didn’t play that well, did he?

and everybody mentions the Hershall Walker deal yet there was only one so odds are stacked against that happening again.

Heck, with Phil Simms i still wanted the Giants to select Dan Marino out of Pitt. Worked out ok yet could have been a lot better.

Maybe the Rangers should trade Laf for a Hershal Walker deal too? After all, they have two left wings.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
cute that Giants fans think they're gonna have a shot to draft Lawrence. Giants had a shot to win both game. Jets games were both over in the 2nd quarter. No ones gonna outsuck the Jets this season.

Reactions: Maximus

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

You could say that about any draft pick. What if Lawrence is the next Mahomes and you dealt that pick? The fan base would never forget it.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

What if Lawrence is legit and you just traded away franchise type player.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
cute that Giants fans think they're gonna have a shot to draft Lawrence. Giants had a shot to win both game. Jets games were both over in the 2nd quarter. No ones gonna outsuck the Jets this season.

cute? Steelers pushed the Giants all over the field while Tubinsky pulling a 2nd half no-show was the only reason the game was close with the awful Bears. The Bears OL moved the entire Giants DL backwards the second half. Ex-Jet Williams pushed backwards often

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
My only concerns with Lawrence involve the size of his forehead, and the fact that he wears headbands that exaggerate the size even more.
giphy.gif

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I took an honest look at the schedule and thought the Giants were going 4-12 before the Barkley injury. Shave a game or two off that number now that Saquon is gone for the entire year. I know our O line looked terrible, but they were playing against two Top-10 Ds. Barkley was bound to be the difference in a game or two the rest of the way.

2-14 dumpster fire incoming. I actually like the Judge hire, but if this team doesn't make the playoffs (spoiler alert: they won't), I want Gettleman gone. You don't get to languish for 3 straight seasons and keep your job in the NFL.

Reactions: bl02

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
My big fear with the Giants going through a GM/Coaching carousel is that they usually never end. The best teams in the league are generally stable at the top. I’m starting to look at the Mara’s as the problem. I know there’s the “Giants way,” but to me that left once Tom Coughlin was shown the door. That was the end of an era in a way they don’t want to admit yet.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
My big fear with the Giants going through a GM/Coaching carousel is that they usually never end. The best teams in the league are generally stable at the top. I’m starting to look at the Mara’s as the problem. I know there’s the “Giants way,” but to me that left once Tom Coughlin was shown the door. That was the end of an era in a way they don’t want to admit yet.

starting????? No question Mara is the problem

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I see at most 1 win on the giants schedule. Maybe. They could easily go 0-16 with those match ups. And if they do you draft Lawrence and wish jones well. Because he’ll be very much a part of the reason why they go 0-16. I had Very high hopes for him but he still looks like a very raw rookie

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I see at most 1 win on the giants schedule. Maybe. They could easily go 0-16 with those match ups. And if they do you draft Lawrence and wish jones well. Because he’ll be very much a part of the reason why they go 0-16. I had Very high hopes for him but he still looks like a very raw rookie

i think Jones will ok but i mentioned it earlier, you don’t pass on Dan Marino b/c Phil Simms is on your roster. The Giants did this and were successful but they would have been much better off going Marino.

Nobody in this draft should pass on Lawrence IMO.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

This is just dramatic, they're not going to go 0-16, they were 1 play away from winning on Sunday. They may go 3-13, but 0-16 is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad