OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Who are they beating?

lol, watch them beat the 49ers b/c so many were injured.

Let’s see

49ers - that should be a loss yet 49ers lost a lot of players - loss
Rams - gee, they look better - loss
Dallas - lol, loss
Wash - can the Giants block their front 7? They don’t block anybody else
Philly - lol, the Giants are 4-20 against the Eagles since 2008 - loss
Cincy - it is possible for a win
Seattle - lol, yeah right.
Wash - somebody block somebody
Philly - lol
AZ - Giants managed to lose to AZ last season and the Cards look better
Cleveland - could win but neither team likely wants too
Baltimore - lol, late Dec haha
Dallas - yeah ok

schedule might be a bit out if order but, wow

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Let’s see

Dallas - lol, loss
Philly - lol
Dallas - yeah ok

Dallas is a historic collapse away from being 0-2, you're making them seem like juggernauts.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

Let’s see

Dallas - lol, loss
Philly - lol
Dallas - yeah ok

the Cincy game and maybe you take one from Washington are the only maybes to me.

Bears took foot off the gas last week as it was a laugher at half time. That happens but don’t let that half assed comeback fool you. That’s not happening to the vast majority of teams on this list. Bears was probably one of the 3 or 4 winnable games and they lost it.

dreaming if you think the 49ers are losing to the giants

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Dallas is a historic collapse away from being 0-2, you're making them seem like juggernauts.

they just scored 40 points and i’m not making them out to be anything. A poster claimed the Giants will go winless and you’re defending 3 wins? Really?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
they just scored 40 points and i’m not making them out to be anything. A poster claimed the Giants will go winless and you’re defending 3 wins? Really?

I'm defending 3 wins? What a f***ing strawman, I didn't say that the team will be good or that 3 wins are acceptable. I'm saying that the poster is out to lunch, there's a 3 win team almost every season, 0-16 happened twice in history. Oh and guess what there have been a lot of shitty teams playing difficult schedules that didn't go 0-16. In fact almost all of them didn't.

Reactions: ponzu4u

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm defending 3 wins? What a f***ing strawman, I didn't say that the team will be good or that 3 wins are acceptable. I'm saying that the poster is out to lunch, there's a 3 win team almost every season, 0-16 happened twice in history. Oh and guess what there have been a lot of shitty teams playing difficult schedules that didn't go 0-16. In fact almost all of them didn't.

When did i say Dallas is a juggernaut? We know some love to lurk and be literal. The Giants suck. Zero wins or an astonishing three, who cares?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
For one, their division sucks, and teams sometimes beat better teams. Once again, they were like a play away from winning last week. What a ridiculous overreaction.

yeah, way to set him straight lol. The Giants don’t suck enough for zero wins, they’ll win 3!!!!!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
A team dead last in the league in points just lost Barkley and Shepard and they’re going to outscore anyone on that list?

I think giants will finish bottom 2 in the league. Maybe with the Jets as horrible as that might be lol

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
yeah, way to set him straight lol. The Giants don’t suck enough for zero wins, they’ll win 3!!!!!

No one here thinks the Giants are a good team. Calling the Giants a bad team that might win 3 games and a team that will become the third team ever to win 0 is an enormous difference. It's like saying XYZ will become the next Bezos and I say, no he'll become rich but not Bezos. Is it really that hard to understand?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
You'd normally expect a quarter of teams (8) to be 0-2 after 2 weeks. This season there are in fact 11 0-2 teams, which is about a third of the league. Every fan base has people who think their 0-2 team will go winless (or win 3 games). Most of them will be wrong.

Just look at the Jets last year - they started off 0-4 and 1-7 before finishing 7-9.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
A team dead last in the league in points just lost Barkley and Shepard and they’re going to outscore anyone on that list?

I think giants will finish bottom 2 in the league. Maybe with the Jets as horrible as that might be lol

and Gettleman just extended Shepard, who at 27 years old has yet to break 900 yards entering his 5th season, for four years at $41 million with $21 million guaranteed lol.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
No one here thinks the Giants are a good team. Calling the Giants a bad team that might win 3 games and a team that will become the third team ever to win 0 is an enormous difference. It's like saying XYZ will become the next Bezos and I say, no he'll become rich but not Bezos. Is it really that hard to understand?

it’s actually 3 games and hardly anything to get worked up about.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You'd normally expect a quarter of teams (8) to be 0-2 after 2 weeks. This season there are in fact 11 0-2 teams, which is about a third of the league. Every fan base has people who think their 0-2 team will go winless (or win 3 games). Most of them will be wrong.

Just look at the Jets last year - they started off 0-4 and 1-7 before finishing 7-9.

the league is designed for parity. Most teams should fall into the 8-8 record category with a few outstanding records and a few dismal.

That’s not the case anymore as 12 teams last season finished with 6 wins or less. Seven teams won five or less. (edit) That’s some bad football.

Last edited:

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
the league is designed for parity. Most teams should fall into the 8-8 record category with a few outstanding records and a few dismal.

That’s not the case anymore as 12 teams last season finished with 6 wins or less. Seven teams won five or less. Nobody finished 8-8. That’s some bad football.
Yet the Jets, with one of the worst rosters in football, managed to win 7 games. Part of it was due to their schedule, but too many people base strength of schedule on prior years even though half the playoff teams miss the playoffs the next season. This year is going to be special with all the quarterback shuffling.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
it’s actually 3 games and hardly anything to get worked up about.

says the guy who has been spending weeks in this thread literally arguing over this exact point.

instead of agreeing with everyone saying the jets and giants suck you’re spending your days trying to find weird qualifiers that you then immediately back out of.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
says the guy who has been spending weeks in this thread literally arguing over this exact point.

instead of agreeing with everyone saying the jets and giants suck you’re spending your days trying to find weird qualifiers that you then immediately back out of.

some of you really need to join a gym or get out to relieve this endless frustration.

and i said the Giants will get the first pick overall and had them at 3 wins while Vegas was 6.5

Boris Zubov said:
Over/under on the Giants win total this season just plummeted to 2.
NYSPORTS “i had them at 3. Vegas over/under was 6.5“​

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Yet the Jets, with one of the worst rosters in football, managed to win 7 games. Part of it was due to their schedule, but too many people base strength of schedule on prior years even though half the playoff teams miss the playoffs the next season. This year is going to be special with all the quarterback shuffling.

i never understood the strength of schedule from a previous season either with so much change.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Marcus Maye in his 4th year has already started in more games with the Jets than any other 2nd round pick since David Harris. The last player drafted by the Jets in a skill position in the 2nd round to start more games than Marcus Maye in the NFL (not just with the jets) was Wesley Walker.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
some of you really need to join a gym or get out to relieve this endless frustration.

and i said the Giants will get the first pick overall and had them at 3 wins while Vegas was 6.5

Boris Zubov said:
Over/under on the Giants win total this season just plummeted to 2.
NYSPORTS “i had them at 3. Vegas over/under was 6.5“​

you're been getting hung up for weeks on this. You think the Giants are historically bad. Other people don't think they're THAT bad.

No one with the opinion that they'll be a little better than you think, which is the worst in the league, thinks that that is a successful season.

I'm not sure how else to tell you that someone telling you they'll win more than the Lions doesn't hold the Lions as the benchmark of success, nor are they telling you to be excited.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
you're been getting hung up for weeks on this. You think the Giants are historically bad. Other people don't think they're THAT bad.

No one with the opinion that they'll be a little better than you think, which is the worst in the league, thinks that that is a successful season.

I'm not sure how else to tell you that someone telling you they'll win more than the Lions doesn't hold the Lions as the benchmark of success, nor are they telling you to be excited.

get lost, you’re clearly not even following along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad