OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Now we have to stress out for a year about whether Saquon will ever be as good again as he was pre injury. And the kid's only 23.
Sorry to be glass half empty but good chance he won't. Especially RB/WR positions. so much cutting and explosiveness involved. Really sucks.

Last edited:

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Jets will lose to Indy Sunday, and if they lose to Denver, with Jeff Driskel at QB on National TV on TNF in week 4, Gase should be gone.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Jets will lose to Indy Sunday, and if they lose to Denver, with Jeff Driskel at QB on National TV on TNF in week 4, Gase should be gone.
The fact that he survived the 9ers game is wild to me. 9ers literally down to backups at every significant position and they still get reamed. Mainly because Shanahan can coach and isn’t some loser who only has a job bc he was buds with Peyton Manning

like this dude is beyond his expiration imo. They need to just pull the plug.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The fact that he survived the 9ers game is wild to me. 9ers literally down to backups at every significant position and they still get reamed. Mainly because Shanahan can coach and isn’t some loser who only has a job bc he was buds with Peyton Manning

like this dude is beyond his expiration imo. They need to just pull the plug.

The owner called him an offensive genius. That’s Jeff Wilpon level of sports acumen.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Well my football season is over with hall of fame pass rusher out (acl) best receiver done (acl) and starting qb and starting CB out as well for 2-6 weeks. Hope hockey can start on time

I'm assuming you mean your fantasy team or am I missing something? Which WR is out with an ACL...I must have missed that injury as there were so many yesterday.?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

He tore his meniscus AND ACL on the same play?

His knee is never going to be the same. Meniscus injuries don't "heal." It's cartilage. If you're not getting a fully in-tact donor meniscus, they just cut out the torn portion so it can't tear further. Either option totally blows. Carson Palmer played on a donor meniscus for a few years, but the dude was a QB.

This really, really sucks. Someone did some blood magic or voodoo shit for us to win those two Superbowls, because we sure have been paying for it since.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Dang!. He basically shredded his knee. With medical advances tho, he'll likely come back good as new tho it's likely not going to be like what Adrian Peterson did who if you remember shredded his knee and came back in less than a year and led the league in rushing.

With Barkley tho you never know. He looks like a guy who will be a workout warrior and will want to prove all his doubters wrong.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Now we have to stress out for a year about whether Saquon will ever be as good again as he was pre injury. And the kid's only 23.

He was destined to get injured. It honestly took longer than i thought.

Unlike Barry Sanders, Barkely isn’t as slippery smooth and unlike yesteryear, the back doesn’t get the hand off moving north/south, they get a handoff from shotgun with no forward momentum.

Barkley’s running style is dangerous. He leaves his feet multiple times per game. It’s only a matter if time before he lands awkwardly. He doesn’t protect his body and takes unnecessary hits either.

As far as this injury, it was likely from the previous play when he went down. His ankle and knee grabbed. Next play he was out.

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Should be gone...yes. Will he be gone? almost certainly no!.

As I wrote earlier, Douglass due to Gase being instrumental in his getting the Jet GM gig and getting paid big bucks is going to show loyalty too him and won't fire him during the year. Now after the season that is a totally different animal and like I said I think Gase is dead man walking and is gone at end of year. That said, I'd be absolutely shocked if Gase is gone anytime before the season ends.

Looking at upcoming schedule Jets are not beating the Colts, they easily can lose to both Denver even with a backup QB, Arizona is a loss. At the Chargers is likely a loss. I doubt very highly they are beating the Bills at home. At KC and home vs Pats....I don't think so. At Miami the game before the bye might be their best shot a win and even that is no sure thing as Miami looks like they have a litte juju this year.

So by the time the bye comes in Week 11, it's not a stretch nor inconceivable that the Jets are anywhere from 2-8 AT BEST and 0-10 worst case scenario.

Now if that's the case maybe Douglass fires Gase. But I for one will not be holding my breath nor be shocked at all if Gase makes it thru the entire season even if we finish 3-13 or worse which looking at the schedule after the bye Miami,Vegas,@Seattle,@rams, Cleveland,@Patriots is very likely. In all seriousness I don't see a sure win in the bunch. I mean if we are going to suck we might as well go all the way and finish 1-15...2-14 and guarantee having the #1 pick.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
This really, really sucks. Someone did some blood magic or voodoo shit for us to win those two Superbowls, because we sure have been paying for it since.

actually the Giants kept adding linemen with an emphasis on DE. The HB’s were a 4th Rounder, 7th Rounder and free agents.

Since then they draft horribly.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I hope the Jets aren't too quick to move past Darnold. Poor kid hasn't had anything resembling a line or a weapon to throw to since he got here. He's literally never had a #1 (and you could argue he's never had a #2) receiver. No effective running game. This year is the first year he MIGHT have a decent O-line (jury still out as they mesh).

Gase needs to go. He's holding Darnold back (he's "not allowed" to go for the QB sneak when the gap is right there?! GTFO with that nonsense). It's going to be a couple years, optimistically, before the Jets repair the damage done by the last two GMs. They have no decent corners, still need another safety, STILL have no edge rushers, and their defensive leader took the season off. On offense, they made a good start at rebuilding their line, but they still need more work there, and at least 2 wide receivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Schedule wise, Jets look like a win and Giants maybe a few. Both are in the Lawrence sweepstakes

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I looked a litte more closer at the Jet schedule and there is a very real possibility that the Jets finish the season 2-14 and maybe worse.

As I look at the remaining schedule, I don't see a sure win in the bunch.
The only possibilities IMO would be Denver at home in a few weeks and one of the Miami games.

You could possibly convince me the Jets have a shot at the Chargers and home vs Cleveland but other than that, I see 11-12 definite losses. At Indy,both Pats games, the next Bills game, one if not both Dolphin games, home vs Arizona, @KC and @Seattle, @Chargers, home vs Vegas,@rams.
I mean if we are a lock to finish no better than 4-12, might as well double down on it and finish 2-14 and pretty much guarantee the #1 overall pick.

We all know tho that the last week of the season with the Jets simply needing to lose at New England to lock up the #1 overall, Belichek who never ever rests his players even with playoffs a lock, will troll the Jets and bench everyone as they prepare for the playoffs.

We'll end up winning the game and we'll miss out on the #1 pick. You just know that it is the way it would play out because well it's such a Jet like thing to have happen....lol

Reactions: Barnaby and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm assuming you mean your fantasy team or am I missing something? Which WR is out with an ACL...I must have missed that injury as there were so many yesterday.?
Broncos. Von Miller ACL, Courtland Sutton ACL, Starting CB AJ Bouye, Drew Lock Starting QB oh and add Starting RB Lindsay for probably another 2-4 weeks. Just terrible

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Schedule wise, Jets look like a win and Giants maybe a few. Both are in the Lawrence sweepstakes
Would either team really take a QB and give up on their respective young starters? I'm asking cause I'm not a fan of either but I would think trading down and adding serious talent throughout the lineup may be smarter?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Would either team really take a QB and give up on their respective young starters? I'm asking cause I'm not a fan of either but I would think trading down and adding serious talent throughout the lineup may be smarter?

if i have a shot at Lawrence, i take him and don’t look back.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He tore his meniscus AND ACL on the same play?

His knee is never going to be the same. Meniscus injuries don't "heal." It's cartilage. If you're not getting a fully in-tact donor meniscus, they just cut out the torn portion so it can't tear further. Either option totally blows. Carson Palmer played on a donor meniscus for a few years, but the dude was a QB.

True in many cases but he's still very young and if the Meniscus worth stitching back up they can do it. When I tore mine I was already 30 (and I had the collateral damage of meniscus, LCL and MCL) and the surgeon said most likely they would just cut the torn portion out. I guess 30 is old to tear your ACL/Meniscus. Plus he is getting one of the best surgeons in the world so maybe they can salvage the torn cartilage it would just require a longer rehab/Rest period to heal.
Also if they did remove it would suck when he got older not necessarily in his 20's/playing career.
Either way it just sucks! I give athletes especially in football and soccer tons of credit that come back because an injury like that messes with your psyche as well. You're just afraid to make lateral cuts.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
if i have a shot at Lawrence, i take him and don’t look back.
Fair enough. What do you do with Daniel Jones? Kind of another Josh Rosen situation? Obviously Jones being better but teams are not gonna give you fair value vs you could get a boatload for Lawrence.
Just saw that Rosen is on the Bucs practice squad. Yikes.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Broncos. Von Miller ACL, Courtland Sutton ACL, Starting CB AJ Bouye, Drew Lock Starting QB oh and add Starting RB Lindsay for probably another 2-4 weeks. Just terrible

Dang....the Broncos I knew had a bunch of injuries but not that many to such key guys. Well I tell ya what, your boys still have an excellent shot to beat my boys as I'll bet when we play one another in a few weeks even with a backup QB, the Broncos will be favored not by alot but I could see Denver favored by 2-3 points.

So long as you have Noah Fant vertical, Broncos are a threat to score at anytime. That guy is great. Wish I would have drafted him for my fantasy team dammit..

Reactions: bl02

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Fair enough. What do you do with Daniel Jones? Kind of another Josh Rosen situation? Obviously Jones being better but teams are not gonna give you fair value vs you could get a boatload for Lawrence.
Just saw that Rosen is on the Bucs practice squad. Yikes.

team has started 0-2 like 7 out of the last 8 years. Only year they did anything was spending a fortune on FA mercenaries.

if the Giants have a shot at Lawrence that tells me Jones didn’t do enough. He’ll be entering his 3rd year already. I see Lawrence as another Elway so he comes in with the making of an OL with a lot more to build.

Jones - traded for whatever. A new GM will want his own QB is my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad