OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
It's the Mara's. Start at the top, and then look at Chris Mara, SVP of player personnel since 2011. Guy loves his Kentucky Derby but...

Reactions: ponzu4u

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
He should be fired. What a gongshow the last three years have been. Three years in the NFL is an eternity to turn things around. Unacceptable that the organization is still in this position. Poor roster construction and drafting. He makes me want Jerry Reese back.
That's crazy talk. Eli Apple and Ereck Flowers say hi.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
I said it last week, and i wasn't alone. Barkley was not the pick at #2 that year, touched by the hand of god Gettleman? This is leaning towards the 70's giants. #hogmollies

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The Giants play hard, but they’re just not talented. The inability to build that offensive line is all on Gettleman too.

I actually like Jones though. I’ll give him that. He needs a Number 1 receiver though.

Reactions: ponzu4u

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
These injuries league-wide are depressing. Looking high level on it, it's an inherent flaw of football. This type of shit shouldn't happen every f***ing year.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
These injuries league-wide are depressing. Looking high level on it, it's an inherent flaw of football. This type of shit shouldn't happen every f***ing year.

It feels like wayyyy more guys have gotten injured than normal. I’ll have to check the numbers. My reaction is that no preseason is causing these guys to get injured. But Idk if that’s backed up

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Giants fans it sucks right now but please I urge you to read this and if you get angry just read and repeat point 1 over and over;

1) January 4th, 2021 is Black Monday aka Gettleman will be GettleGone. He's done. There's zero chance he comes back from this. The O-Line should't take four years+ to build (meaning his three plus next draft).

2) Barkley's injury is bad but his lack of durability will mean his next contract wont be as much as was anticipated and when he actually has an O-Line he might make some real noise and win a ring.

3) You can argue they should have picked Darnold but Darnold doesn't look like anything special. If Broadway Sam was a Giant he'd still be getting clobbered without an O-Line.

4) The real tragedy of that draft for the Giants was Baltimore trading up and taking Jackson. The Giants don't usually go for QBs who can run like that, but it looks like he'll have the best career out of that class and Hernandez may be good but he needs help.

5) Please this offseason it's time to either cut or trade these injury riddled players like Shepard and Engram. I love Shepard but as I've said here before, he's already where Al Toon was post-1990. Trade both for mid round picks and try and swing for the fences with some OLine help and pass rushers.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
He should be fired. What a gongshow the last three years have been. Three years in the NFL is an eternity to turn things around. Unacceptable that the organization is still in this position. Poor roster construction and drafting. He makes me want Jerry Reese back.

Gettleman is an @hole while Reese and Marc Ross did a miserable job scouting in which the Mara clan did nothing more than read the reports and cast votes for picks.

The Eli fiasco, OBJ fiasco, cap mismanagement, trading 3 picks for Baker, changing the defense from a 4-3 with personnel to a 3-4 without personnel, atrocious free agent signings, the Williams trade and drafting Barkely says it all. The only saving grace with a now an injured Barkley is neither Darnold nor Rosen made it.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
4) The real tragedy of that draft for the Giants was Baltimore trading up and taking Jackson. The Giants don't usually go for QBs who can run like that, but it looks like he'll have the best career out of that class and Hernandez may be good but he needs help.

the real tragedy is Ben McAdoo wanted to trade for Mahomes and the Giants refused and took Engram

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Giants fans it sucks right now but please I urge you to read this and if you get angry just read and repeat point 1 over and over;

1) January 4th, 2021 is Black Monday aka Gettleman will be GettleGone. He's done. There's zero chance he comes back from this. The O-Line should't take four years+ to build (meaning his three plus next draft).

2) Barkley's injury is bad but his lack of durability will mean his next contract wont be as much as was anticipated and when he actually has an O-Line he might make some real noise and win a ring.

3) You can argue they should have picked Darnold but Darnold doesn't look like anything special. If Broadway Sam was a Giant he'd still be getting clobbered without an O-Line.

5) Please this offseason it's time to either cut or trade these injury riddled players like Shepard and Engram. I love Shepard but as I've said here before, he's already where Al Toon was post-1990. Trade both for mid round picks and try and swing for the fences with some OLine help and pass rushers.

Jackson needs an offensive coordinator like Greg Roman that creates a system for him that he works in well. He would be a scrub here. And he was never considered #2 overall good, this is Monday morning QB.

Reactions: McSauer

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Thomas was dominant today at left tackle. He pretty much won every one on one battle with ease. Giants biggest problems are visible. One, they don't have a real TE who can catch and block. Their offensive weapons other than Slayton are always hurt. They need a big time center. They don't have a dominant pass rusher and they need another shutdown corner. The Baker thing you can't predict. Sometimes guys just lose their minds. At least you can see the Giants needing to upgrade 4-5 positions now and the picture is getting more clear. The Jets are just a lost cause. They have nothing.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil

Gettleman will "retire", they will promote Kevin Abrams and nothing will change. Mara is an idiot.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Gettleman will "retire", they will promote Kevin Abrams and nothing will change. Mara is an idiot.

Chris Mara texting in his day two draft vote to his Nephew from a horse track is an indication how messed up this ownership is.

Nice stadium B.T.W. - in an age of aesthetics they create a grey stadium.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Chris Mara texting in his day two draft vote to his Nephew from a horse track is an indication how messed up this ownership is.

Nice stadium B.T.W. - in an age of aesthetics they create a grey stadium.

I get that it’s expensive to build something in this area, but the teams deciding to build an absolute dump was an interesting strategy.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I get that it’s expensive to build something in this area, but the teams deciding to build an absolute dump was an interesting strategy.

Giants and Jets couldn’t agree on a color. Giants should have told the Jets to build their own stadium. Now neither team has a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad