OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This sounds like an interchangeable description for either team at this point. If you combined both rosters, I still can't see them winning 7 games.
The Giants are a stop away from having a chance to beat Chicago. The Jets are going to be out of most games by halftime. It really isn't close.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I have no idea why Chicago goes for that. Jones is in his what? 14th NFL game and you can pin them inside the 5. That was a really dumb decision that worked by luck

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Giants are a stop away from having a chance to beat Chicago. The Jets are going to be out of most games by halftime. It really isn't close.

the Jets are playing the 49ers

could take the best from both the Jets and Giants on one team and not beat the 49ers.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
the Jets are playing the 49ers
The Jets' best WR is a guy who was good for five games last year but otherwise a bust. Most teams have two RBs better than what the Jets have starting. Darnold leaves ten plays on the field each week. The offensive line sucks. The defensive line should be good but has sucked. The LBs are mediocre. The secondary outside of Maye is an absolute horror show. There is literally nothing of value on this team.

Reactions: Bluenote13

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
thank goodness we don’t have hockey announcers telling us what they believe each player is thinking and/or should do like almost every stoppage in an NFL game

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Jets' best WR is a guy who was good for five games last year but otherwise a bust. Most teams have two RBs better than what the Jets have starting. Darnold leaves ten plays on the field each week. The offensive line sucks. The defensive line should be good but has sucked. The LBs are mediocre. The secondary outside of Maye is an absolute horror show. There is literally nothing of value on this team.

the Giants have the worst record in football over the past 3 years

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Played better without Barkley. Hit the hole and run straight. No Dance, spin, jump or twirl. Great athlete but like Barry Sanders the highlight reel doesn’t tell the whole story. LaDa Tomlinson hit the hole harder

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Perriman through 2 weeks, 5 catches 29 yards and injured.

Robby Anderson through 2 weeks 15 catches 223 yards and a touchdown.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Played better without Barkley. Hit the hole and run straight. No Dance, spin, jump or twirl. Great athlete but like Barry Sanders the highlight reel doesn’t tell the whole story. LaDa Tomlinson hit the hole harder

I was going to say this exact same thing. Last week people said "what could Saquon have done?" Well Saquon does all these moves and if they work out, it can turn into a great or even highlight reel run. If they don't work out (which is most of the time), he will go nowhere and often he gets tackled in the backfield because he spent precious time making moves in the backfield to set up his future run. Especially with his injury, Saquon's future in NY doesn't look too bright. I feel bad because I wanted so much more from him. I really like Saquon.

Anyway, this was a tough loss but after that truly awful first half the Giants actually looked like a good NFL team by the end of the game, so that was great to see.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Dave Gettleman record as Giants GM

12-38

kicking @SS everyday
He should be fired. What a gongshow the last three years have been. Three years in the NFL is an eternity to turn things around. Unacceptable that the organization is still in this position. Poor roster construction and drafting. He makes me want Jerry Reese back.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
Yea honestly with Barkley, even if he sees an open hole he still stutter steps for no reason. Giants are going no where for a long time. If we get the chance for Lawrence, probably means Jones doesn’t do enough for the offense and we gotta pick him. 3 years of top 6 picks in a row with 5 total 1st rounders and nothing to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad